We Have A New Anti Christ!

Looks like Surpreme Court Justice John Roberts is the new Anti Christ!

These Right Wingers HATE everyone who doesn't agree with them. They are attacking this poor man because he did his sworn oath to uphold the constitution. Tea Baggers all claim to live by the constitution, only when it benefits them. Hypocrits! They will never be President or a Surpreme Justice Appointee, but they are experts in the constitution! The HATE these people possess is astounding! They will eat their own kind and lie while their doing it!

These Right Wingers HATE everyone who doesn't agree with them. They are attacking this poor man because he did his sworn oath to uphold the constitution. Tea Baggers all claim to live by the constitution, only when it benefits them. Hypocrits! They will never be President or a Surpreme Justice Appointee, but they are experts in the constitution! The HATE these people possess is astounding! They will eat their own kind and lie while their doing it!

Wow, John Robers, a Supreme Court Jusitce who just doesn't lazily vote along party lines, and actually did his homework and dilegently determined the individual mandate was nothing more than a tax, and a rather meek one at that. I'm taxed for the operations of the Detroit Zoo, and soon the Detroit Institutute of Arts and a public transit tax, and I didn't vote for any of it. In fact, my town I live in just tried to tax us 1% to pay for the cost of collecting our property taxes!!! Romney can't even figure out if it's a penalty or a tax, and he instituted the same plan in his adopted state of MA.

• Like 1

Go jump off a bridge.

Obama and the rest of the Left said it wasn't a tax. The Supreme Court says it is. So either Barry has been caught in another lie, proving his ignorance and stupidity once again, or the SC got it wrong. Anyway you look at it, it can't be considered a win. Furthermore, since the vast majority of people are against it, this ruling only helps galvanize people into voting for the party that will over turn it. You minions just delivered the death blow to the 2012 elections, but you're too stupid to realize it.

425088_329965380418984_96188193_n.jpg

Go jump off a bridge.

Obama and the rest of the Left said it wasn't a tax. The Supreme Court says it is. So either Barry has been caught in another lie, proving his ignorance and stupidity once again, or the SC got it wrong. Anyway you look at it, it can't be considered a win. Furthermore, since the vast majority of people are against it, this ruling only helps galvanize people into voting for the party that will over turn it. You minions just delivered the death blow to the 2012 elections, but you're too stupid to realize it.

Ask your buddy Romney. He's still working on an answer as he flip flops on it daily. And Happy...Do you have a health insurance policy be it individual or group? And if you do or are on Medicare, what the hell do you care about a tax that doesn't affect you? The only reason I care is that I want a penalty or tax or should I say tax penalty on anyone who freeloads off the system that I have to pay for in premiums. I'm one of the lucky ones who has retiree health care and I pay 10% of the total cost of it as it's taken out of my monthly pension benefit check. Those who put themselves and family at risk by not having health insurance deserve punishment of some kind. We pay either way through higher premiums or have to foot their catastrophic bills if the worse happens and they are insurance less. Your Libertarian philosophy fails big time when 25%+ of its citizens don't have health insurance and the 75% of those that do have to pay their bills through either higher premiums or as taxpayer. Tax them and use that money to get more into health insurance system so that number without is reduced over time. A Democracy works better when the vast majority participate, not DROP OUT.

• Like 1

Go jump off a bridge.

The question still is whether Dies, with the whole over the top thing, is wrong is still up in the air. It might appear that he's right and that conservatives will attack their own over this. Check out the kind, gentle langauge concerning Roberts in this Washington Times op-ed by Deadly Tedly Nugent.

http://www.washingto...rncoat-roberts/

Now I am aware that this comes from Ted Nugent, a lying hypocrite of the first order and all around over the top screamer but is this an isolated incident or harbinger of things to come? (Ted's convoluted way of thinking has been well documented; from his supposed retirement, to his out of wedlock child, to his predilection for underage girls)

Edited by Langston Hughes

The question still is whether Dies, with the whole over the top thing, is wrong is still up in the air. It might appear that he's right and that conservatives will attack their own over this. Check out the kind, gentle langauge concerning Roberts in this Washington Times op-ed by Deadly Tedly Nugent.

http://www.washingto...rncoat-roberts/

Now I am aware that this comes from Ted Nugent, a lying hypocrite of the first order and all around over the top screamer but is this an isolated incident or harbinger of things to come? (Ted's convoluted way of thinking has been well documented; from his supposed retirement, to his out of wedlock child, to his predilection for underage girls)

Good ol' Amboy Dukes Nugent who grew up in Northwest Detroit and used to practice guitar in his garage. I still remember him jumping off speaker in the late 60's with nothing but a loin cloth on. Hasn't changed a bit from his wild man youth. If you are walking through the woods of MI bird watching, just watch out for Nugent hunting with his bow and arrow. He's probably into cannibalism about now as he sinks deeper into insanity. Not sure how his young wife puts up with him. Probably terrorizes her.

Good ol' Amboy Dukes Nugent who grew up in Northwest Detroit and used to practice guitar in his garage. I still remember him jumping off speaker in the late 60's with nothing but a loin cloth on. Hasn't changed a bit from his wild man youth. If you are walking through the woods of MI bird watching, just watch out for Nugent hunting with his bow and arrow. He's probably into cannibalism about now as he sinks deeper into insanity. Not sure how his young wife puts up with him. Probably terrorizes her.

One point he makes is true.."Our Founding Fathers’ concept of limited government is dead."

• Like 1

well that's unfortunate, a conservative advocating the drowning of a poster who they don't like. It's not a big surprise to see who it's coming from, but it is beyond the normal level of hyper-partisan postings even for him.

Just helps validating Dies point.

Go jump off a bridge.

Congratulations Happy. you have posted more than a drive by insult. You did post an insult, but at least you added something to it this time.

Now, lets look at your analysis of the situation. 4 members of the Supreme Court found that the ACA was a constitutional exercise under the Commerce Clause and voted to uphold the law. 4 members found that the ACA was unconstitutional under either the Commerce Clause or as an exercise of Congress' Taxing Power. The Chief Justice found that ACA is constitutional as a Tax but not under the Commerce Clause. The vote to uphold the law was 5-4 in favor even though the reasons for upholding the law differed.

You have taken the position that since C.J. Roberts held that it was a tax resulting in a plurality decision, President Obama is necessarily lying, or stupid because he has a different view. So, taken to its logical conclusion, anyone who disagrees with a Supreme Court judgment is a liar or stupid. This is of course, a nonsensical position. Lying is not synonomous with a disagreement on constitutional interpretation or on policy, nor is stupidity. One can have a completely honest belief in a position and still be in the minority. BTW, the 4 Justices who held that ACA was unconstitutional under either basis aren't lying or stupid either. They just hold a position that did not prevail.

The Supreme Court held that abortion is a fundemental privacy right. Are those who disagree liars or stupid? Are those who disagree with the ruling on Arizona SB 1070? What if the Supreme rules in favor of Gay Marriage?

When polled on its primary provisions, ACA is popular with a majority of Americans. As to your cute little rant, the uninsured are receiving treatment in our hospitals to the tune of Billions in unreimbursed care. Medical Bills are the primary factor in the majority of bankruptcy filings. The addition of coverage for these people means that they will be treated outside the emergency rooms (the most expensive type of care) and they will be treated before their ailments become advanced and more expensive to treat. Lastly, those doctors will be paid for their work, opening the profession to new doctors and keeping our healthcare system solvent.

If polls of a majority of Americans forms the basis for you to decide things, remember that a majority of Americans support raising taxes on the top 1%.

Perhaps you should be a bit more circumspect about telling other posters to jump off a bridge or calling them stupid.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow
  • Like 1

When polled on its primary provisions, ACA is popular with a majority of Americans.

Yet, the majority of Americans prefer the ACA be repealed. While many of the provisions are popular, perhaps many Americans understand the trade offs that come with them.

I'd equate it to the Iraq war. Many people didn't favor it, however they like the "Saddam Hussein is gone" provision. To them, it just wasn't worth it.

Neither is the ACA; and the fact that 4 SCOTUS justices supported the Commerce Clause argument is (and should be) scary to anyone who understands that it (no matter how well intended) would undo the Separation of Powers under the Constitution.

Edited by RangerM

Congratulations Happy. you have posted more than a drive by insult. You did post an insult, but at least you added something to it this time.

Amazing that you don't seem to have a problem with these drive by posts.

I guess maybe I should just quote a line vy some Left Wing talking head and leave it at that. After all, that's all your side does, and you don't say squat about it.

Now, lets look at your analysis of the situation. 4 members of the Supreme Court found that the ACA was a constitutional exercise under the Commerce Clause and voted to uphold the law. 4 members found that the ACA was unconstitutional under either the Commerce Clause or as an exercise of Congress' Taxing Power. The Chief Justice found that ACA is constitutional as a Tax but not under the Commerce Clause. The vote to uphold the law was 5-4 in favor even though the reasons for upholding the law differed.

You have taken the position that since C.J. Roberts held that it was a tax resulting in a plurality decision, President Obama is necessarily lying, or stupid because he has a different view. So, taken to its logical conclusion, anyone who disagrees with a Supreme Court judgment is a liar or stupid. This is of course, a nonsensical position. Lying is not synonomous with a disagreement on constitutional interpretation or on policy, nor is stupidity. One can have a completely honest belief in a position and still be in the minority. BTW, the 4 Justices who held that ACA was unconstitutional under either basis aren't lying or stupid either. They just hold a position that did not prevail.

The Supreme Court held that abortion is a fundemental privacy right. Are those who disagree liars or stupid? Are those who disagree with the ruling on Arizona SB 1070? What if the Supreme rules in favor of Gay Marriage?

When polled on its primary provisions, ACA is popular with a majority of Americans. As to your cute little rant, the uninsured are receiving treatment in our hospitals to the tune of Billions in unreimbursed care. Medical Bills are the primary factor in the majority of bankruptcy filings. The addition of coverage for these people means that they will be treated outside the emergency rooms (the most expensive type of care) and they will be treated before their ailments become advanced and more expensive to treat. Lastly, those doctors will be paid for their work, opening the profession to new doctors and keeping our healthcare system solvent.

If polls of a majority of Americans forms the basis for you to decide things, remember that a majority of Americans support raising taxes on the top 1%.

Perhaps you should be a bit more circumspect about telling other posters to jump off a bridge or calling them stupid.

I can't help but laugh at the lengths you will go to try and shift the focus of what is really going. For that I feel sorry for you. But the fact remains, the SC ruling did not help your cause. You think things will magically get better. You think people will get timely health care. You think more doctors will enter the profession. Lucky for you, this tax won't be around long enough for you to be proven wrong. But even if it was, it's doubtful you'd see it for what it is. After all, you're one of the idiots who thinks Obama has, and will continue to do a great job.