C-Max Gets 20Mile Range, 95MPGe

I'll let you know when the grid cant handle all the plug ins and we suffer shortages and blackouts, and Electric companies have an excuse to raise rates....

:D That is unless they implement the grid on demand system which siphons electricity from your car battery in such circumstances... potentially leaving you up shit highway without a charger if they "borrow" too much ... Edited by Versa-Tech

I'll let you know when the grid cant handle all the plug ins and we suffer shortages and blackouts, and Electric companies have an excuse to raise rates....

Honestly with most new electric cars coming with or soon to come with smart charging i wouldn't be that worried about it. If everyones cars are charging at night its not going to bring the system down. Lucky for me we have too much electricity here... BPA has shut off wind farms and released water from the bonnevile dam because of lack of demand. :dance:

Honestly with most new electric cars coming with or soon to come with smart charging i wouldn't be that worried about it. If everyones cars are charging at night its not going to bring the system down. Lucky for me we have too much electricity here... BPA has shut off wind farms and released water from the bonnevile dam because of lack of demand. :dance:

I know i would solar the hell out of my house if I could afford it....

heres my issue, i used to go to cabo, it was fantastic and cheap...then all of a sudden Timeshares went up everywhere, now Cabo had a captive audience and prices for EVERYTHING went through the roof....want to guess what the Utility companies will do when they ALSo have a "captive " audience"....its not like you can shop it....

heres my issue, i used to go to cabo, it was fantastic and cheap...then all of a sudden Timeshares went up everywhere, now Cabo had a captive audience and prices for EVERYTHING went through the roof....want to guess what the Utility companies will do when they ALSo have a "captive " audience"....its not like you can shop it....

Gotcha.

I think the difference is that the Utilites are reguated more than a company selling time shares. I don't doubt it will go up in price per KWh but i do doubt it will outpace the rise in crude oil pricing.

Gotcha.

I think the difference is that the Utilites are reguated more than a company selling time shares. I don't doubt it will go up in price per KWh but i do doubt it will outpace the rise in crude oil pricing.

whats ultra annoying is if the costs DO as I suspect go up, it effects EVERYONE, not just those that have Electrically charged transportation......so, unwillingly everyones overall cost of living escalates...that said, ANYTHING that cuts Big Oils profitability is AOK with me..... Edited by Deanh

whats ultra annoying is if the costs DO as I suspect go up, it effects EVERYONE, not just those that have Electrically charged transportation......so, unwillingly everyones overall cost of living escalates...that said, ANYTHING that cuts Big Oils profitability is AOK with me.....

True but the same can be said of oil prices. The guy who rides a bike will still have his COL go up with oil prices due to freight costs. I'm willing to bet that costs won't go up that much, and that we might see oil prices tick downward due to decreased demand here and even in developing nations.

• 2 weeks later...

More info: 85 mph top speed in electric-only mode, 47 mpg city and highway.

http://www.autoblog....he-board-energ/

For comparison Prius V 44/40 and regular Prius 51/48.

The 85mph electric only top speed also kills both the Pruis which I think top out around 60mph. That is important as it allows for some realistic freeway cruising in electric only mode. From reports I understand that cruising in a Prius at its max electric speed is difficult - downhill with a tailwind required. An 85mph top speed in theory should make 65mph cruising more realistic and hopefully make for some good real world mpgs.

Edited by jpvbs

The C-Max Energi is a compelling vehicle, especially at that price. But I have to say the C-Max is a considerably less attractive design than Volt and Prius (especially Volt). The C-Max looks like a tortured melange of crossover and Aston Martin design, and generally doesn't really look that special for a segment dependent on image.

Edited by BORG

The C-Max Energi is a compelling vehicle, especially at that price. But I have to say the C-Max is a considerably less attractive design than Volt and Prius (especially Volt). The C-Max looks like a tortured melange of crossover and Aston Martin design, and generally doesn't really look that special for a segment dependent on image.

Looks are subjective, and on that basis, I would disagree for the most part. The Prius looks like a doorstop. The Volt is a little less offensive, but seems to be stuck in the 90's in its overall profile. It almost makes me think that's what a 2012 Saturn would have looked like.

The C-Max isn't beautiful by any means, but it looks more like a "normal" vehicle, compared to the Prius and Volt which seem to have styling elements thrown on them simply for the sake of making them look different from the rest of the crowd. But hey, there's a reason the rest of the crowd looks the way it does.

IMHO I like the looks of the Volt and C-Max (which I ordered) but not the Prius or Prius V. Also the interior of the C-Max (at least in the photos I've seen) looks similar to the 2013 Escape which is very nice. The Prius has a weird dash layout and the interior seats look cheap and thin. Not to mention that Toyota has really cheapened the Prius to bring the price down. You have to go all the way to the top of the line model just to get real rims and not the cheap 80's hubcaps. At Ford's price point with the level of standard features they've incorporated I think the C-Max will have some real consumer appeal.