2013 MKZ Hybrid Test Drive

post-20193-0-42290000-1350533268_thumb.jpg

There should be a law that requires this owner to remove the EcoBoost system from his Lincoln as punishment for his roof atrocity. LOL

Let's not forget that somebody from Ford come out at the Lincoln dealers meeting and basically say that Landau Roof kits and "Gold Packages" were going to be "strongly discouraged" throughout the brands rebuilding efforts.

Let's not forget that somebody from Ford come out at the Lincoln dealers meeting and basically say that Landau Roof kits and "Gold Packages" were going to be "strongly discouraged" throughout the brands rebuilding efforts.

When Jim Rogers was the VP of marketing for Lincoln back in 2000 he "strongly discouraged" Lincoln dealers not to put that crap on the then new Lincoln LS. He was even quoted as threatening to take a baseball bat to them (not sure if he meant the car or the dealer or both). Didn't stop some of them though. There is just no accounting for taste.

When Jim Rogers was the VP of marketing for Lincoln back in 2000 he "strongly discouraged" Lincoln dealers not to put that crap on the then new Lincoln LS. He was even quoted as threatening to take a baseball bat to them (not sure if he meant the car or the dealer or both). Didn't stop some of them though. There is just no accounting for taste.

Hopefully the dealers who have invested enough to meet the new standards, and thus stay open, know better. Hopefully.

BTW I saw a carriage roof kit on an XTS the other day. Not. Helping. The brand.

post-25573-0-85287900-1350572303_thumb.jpgpost-25573-0-15327400-1350572319_thumb.jpgpost-25573-0-63609300-1350572335_thumb.jpg

Since we are on the topic of Landau tops......

Back to the original topic. I wonder if the vista roof will be a popular option or not. Although I think its a very cool idea, it doesn't look that great open. On the Edge and MKX, the roofs don't seem so out of place like this one when open. However, I have not seen one in person yet.

post-25573-0-85287900-1350572303_thumb.jpgpost-25573-0-15327400-1350572319_thumb.jpgpost-25573-0-63609300-1350572335_thumb.jpg

Since we are on the topic of Landau tops......

Back to the original topic. I wonder if the vista roof will be a popular option or not. Although I think its a very cool idea, it doesn't look that great open. On the Edge and MKX, the roofs don't seem so out of place like this one when open. However, I have not seen one in person yet.

I agree that it looks a little awkward when it’s open and given the added cost I wonder how well it will be received. In looking at it fully retracted it begs to be opened further but of course it is limited by the back of the car. I’m planning on ordering an MKZ in mid-January and I’m planning at this point to get the opening roof. My wife really wants me to get it and I must admit that I’m looking at it as somewhat of a novelty at this point. It will be interesting to see how practical it will be over the course of time.