Fusion Fnergi prices

chuckokie36

Copied from the Energi forum.

While Ford does not have any official pricing out, I came across a dealer that is listing prices for the Energi. And WOW are those prices high!!! They list the

Energi SE at $39,495

Energi Titanium $40,995

How on earth do they expect to sell any at those prices ?!?!?!? If these are the true prices, Ford just lost a potential buyer of an Energi (me) and probably killed off any meaningful sales volume of the Fusion Energi.

The C-max Energi is ~$7K more than the Hybrid, why would the Fusion Energi be 12K more than its Hybrid?!? That makes no sense at all as they have the exact same systems in them.

Plus if you compare to the Volt, it's basically the same MSRP but Volt gets $3750 more in Fed rebates than the Energi does. You're not going to compete if you're priced $3500 more than the competition.

here's the link to the dealer that lists the Energi:

http://www.appleford...d-Fusion+Energi

Edited by jsamp, Yesterday, 04:54 PM.

Edited by chuckokie36

Despite how expensive it may seen (and it is)...they have no choice but to sell at AT LEAST those prices or the car would be cheaper than their other trims.... At MSRP pricing a fully loaded Hybrid SE is around $37,000....and a fully loaded Hybrid Titanium is around $38,000 ....so technically...that means the energi se is another $1,000...and the titanium version is another $2,000.....most people dont opt for fully loaded vehicles and only get a few options or none at all...so the price jump to $40,000 is a lot...hell...the hybrid se starts at $27,200....mine would of costed $37,100 though when fully pimped out with options.....so that is why the energi starts out so high...if it were any lower then it would be more cheaper to get a fusion energi over say a fully loaded normal hybrid...and that just doesn't make sense...

That's marketing and that's pricing for you... Despite this truth, I agree...the Energi would probably be out of most peoples price range...but then again anyone paying in the high $30K to low $40K for a plugin or electric vehicle may see this as a bargain or a small price to pay for a "real" car that is also a plugin.....just as you or me think the gas or hybrid fusion's are better than camrys or accords...to the person with money for a plugin or electric vehicle...they now have the energi to add to their comparison list...and just as i was willing to pay more for my fusion going for a $34,000 hybrid titanium with all options instead of paying $27,200 for the bare bones model- so would someone probably pay more for the energi because it offers more than *its* competition...like say a volt or whatever....

Copied from the Energi forum.

While Ford does not have any official pricing out, I came across a dealer that is listing prices for the Energi. And WOW are those prices high!!! They list the

Energi SE at $39,495

Energi Titanium $40,995

How on earth do they expect to sell any at those prices ?!?!?!? If these are the true prices, Ford just lost a potential buyer of an Energi (me) and probably killed off any meaningful sales volume of the Fusion Energi.

The C-max Energi is ~$7K more than the Hybrid, why would the Fusion Energi be 12K more than its Hybrid?!? That makes no sense at all as they have the exact same systems in them.

Plus if you compare to the Volt, it's basically the same MSRP but Volt gets $3750 more in Fed rebates than the Energi does. You're not going to compete if you're priced $3500 more than the competition.

here's the link to the dealer that lists the Energi:

http://www.appleford...d-Fusion+Energi

Edited by jsamp, Yesterday, 04:54 PM.

Ford can't control the rebate amount and they're not at all interested in giving away these vehicles and losing money like GM. Why would Ford want to lower the price just to sell more vehicles and lose money? How does that help Ford? I don't get this argument at all. Let GM lose that money.

Ford can't control the rebate amount and they're not at all interested in giving away these vehicles and losing money like GM. Why would Ford want to lower the price just to sell more vehicles and lose money? How does that help Ford? I don't get this argument at all. Let GM lose that money.

You keep stating these cheap leases, but I scoured SE MI dealer sales deals today and all I saw was 0% interest for 72 months or $2,000 rebates. No $199/month lease deals, and that doesn't even mean much unless you know how much downpayment is.

You keep stating these cheap leases, but I scoured SE MI dealer sales deals today and all I saw was 0% interest for 72 months or $2,000 rebates. No $199/month lease deals, and that doesn't even mean much unless you know how much downpayment is.

The Chevy dealers around here are not advertising any Volt leases and neither is the Chevy website. Gee - I wonder why? I know the $199 dealers aren't available but Chevy is still subsidizing the leases. I'll ask my neighbor next time I see him.

The problem with the Energi prices. The price for the basic Titanium Energi is $40,995 as you add options the price goes up to over $46,000.

Also the Energi Titanium comes with the 17" wheels no dual outlet an other things that are standard on the Hybrid Titanium. My ordered Hybrid Titanium's MSRP was just over $37,000, the same car ordered as an Energi was $47,000+ with less options.

with just a $3750 tax write off that leaves $6250 more. I could justify 5-$6,000 but not $10,000 more.

Edited by chuckokie36