Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

Heh. I wold not be surprised if 2.0 drivers tended to be more aggressive. I know I would be one... I had a hard time keeping the hybrid in EV mode last night driving around :)

It's a great car. I'll post pictures when I get up on my computer instead of using an ipad app. Comments have been nothing it positive, and it is a substantial upgrade in tech and luxury over our 2001 civic ex.

Congrats raleel! Your car finally made it!

I remember when we were all tracking builds and shipments back in Nov/Dec.

For a while I thought your car and mine were jumping on the same train from Mexico (actually more like hoping, yours was built a week earlier than mine, if I remember right).

But it's here, I'm sure you will love it, and a few extra weeks wait will soon be distant memories.

Enjoy! Do post pictures.

I don't know where you are in WA, but perhaps we will bump into each other soon.

I've seen 5 other '13 Fusions on the road this week.

• Like 1

Congrats raleel! Your car finally made it!

I remember when we were all tracking builds and shipments back in Nov/Dec.

For a while I thought your car and mine were jumping on the same train from Mexico (actually more like hoping, yours was built a week earlier than mine, if I remember right).

But it's here, I'm sure you will love it, and a few extra weeks wait will soon be distant memories.

Enjoy! Do post pictures.

I don't know where you are in WA, but perhaps we will bump into each other soon.

I've seen 5 other '13 Fusions on the road this week.

Down in the tricities. Probably bump into me, as I come up to Seattle pretty regularly. Bordeaux red. Bald guy :)

Just got off the phone with my dealer... again. My original order hasn't moved from Mexico yet. The second order had an issue so it never passed the unscheduled clean status. So today they ordered another one (3rd ones the charm?) that they will forward to Ford Canada to get it produced with the highest priority. I don't expect anything on the new order this week, but maybe in a week or two it will be scheduled. I'm currently looking at late February to mid-March for one of the cars.

Compensation for this delay is being discussed and so far an extended warranty has been something mentioned on their end. I am still getting my A-Plan pricing even though it's a new order. We will see what happens when one of the cars are finally on the train...

Edited by JSKershaw

What's the consensus on whether it is better to wait for the reordered car or take the original car?

Is the original order a disassembled/reassembled car using flawed parts? Is it better to wait for the new car that went through a corrected assembly line?

My reorder is scheduled for build next Monday.

I'm happy to say that mine has FINALLY arrived! Got in late last night, and I went and picked it up on my lunch break. Not sure how they managed to get 9 miles on it before I picked it up, but either way I'm happy.

My drive home netted me 36 mpg... not bad for a first time hybrid driver. And SOOOO much better than the 14mpg I'm used to on my Jeep :) Couldn't be happier with it!

post-48939-0-40084200-1359587069_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Cyberdman didn't provide the railcar # for some reason... It was last seen outside of Chicago IL. Its official ETA is Feb 6 but I have a felling it could be here Monday or Tuesday - it depends on the new train, customs and the truck to take it from the rail depot to the dealer.

Soon... My old car just sold today - so I'll actually be car less for a day or two (hopefully not longer). I haven't taken public transit in years!

• Like 1

Are you tracking the railcar?

Are you kidding? His locator thread has had 1,877 views, we should ALL track his railcar!!

In Transit - Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX906756 (Ferrocarril Mexicano S.a. De C.v. ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Jan-30-2013, 19:00 MT.

ETA Feb-15-2013.

Here are instructions that I copied from a prior post and saved to an email in case I needed it for my shipment, have seen comments from others that yes it works, so give it a try.

Here's how to track your ETTX railcar.

1. Call CSX at 1-800-235-2352

2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.

3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)

4. When prompted for the car number, say or key in your 6-digit ETTX car number

5. When prompted for next car say DONE.

• Like 1

I've been following this thread closely. Lurking as a visitor.

My company ordered my Fusion through Enterprise fleet July 19th. (I know production did not start until the following month). As of today I still have not received word my car is ready, although I was told by our fleet manager that it was "in shipping" on Jan 9th and should be delivered by the end of January.

Internal fleet manager won't give me the VIN to track it myself and it altogether unhelpful.

I'm ready for my Fusion.