Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

The rail car shortage is real and has affected all manufacturers for years now. Its affect on Ford depends somewhat on the vehicle line. Ford's coming out of the Chicago plant (Taurus, Explorer & Police Interceptors) don't seem to experience much in the way of delays nor do the Focus & C-MAX models being shipped from the two Michigan plants. Unfortunately, the Mustangs coming out of the Flat Rock plant have sometimes experienced considerable delays. For some time now, 2013 Escapes are arriving very quickly with an Order-to-Delivery time of only 4 weeks on average which is very fast! The Fiesta's out of Mexico are in transit after production for at least a month. All F-Series appear to have little or no delays along with E-Series or Expeditions. The industry is producing more vehicles than the rail cars have capacity for and there's also a shortage of car carriers that haul the vehicles from the rail ramps to the dealerships. Hope this helps a bit.

Excuses, excuses. Fusions are currently going from the production line to a rail car. What about all of the cars being held in Mexico? A Ford representative last week told my dealer "Fusions have been a nightmare, many were shipped to Michigan then shipped back to Mexico". What is up with that? Why in the world would you do that? They still would not answer the question, "what is up with my car which has been built since November 8th and still sitting in Mexico." There are many with the same question. Just tell us what the problem is Ford. If the cars are so bad you cannot ship them, just build new ones for us and write the bad ones off.

The rail car shortage is real and has affected all manufacturers for years now. Its affect on Ford depends somewhat on the vehicle line. Ford's coming out of the Chicago plant (Taurus, Explorer & Police Interceptors) don't seem to experience much in the way of delays nor do the Focus & C-MAX models being shipped from the two Michigan plants. Unfortunately, the Mustangs coming out of the Flat Rock plant have sometimes experienced considerable delays. For some time now, 2013 Escapes are arriving very quickly with an Order-to-Delivery time of only 4 weeks on average which is very fast! The Fiesta's out of Mexico are in transit after production for at least a month. All F-Series appear to have little or no delays along with E-Series or Expeditions. The industry is producing more vehicles than the rail cars have capacity for and there's also a shortage of car carriers that haul the vehicles from the rail ramps to the dealerships. Hope this helps a bit.

post-49336-0-83277400-1361836294_thumb.jpgNo longer complete vaporware. I actually test drove a Hybrid Titanium at my Ford dealer today. Apparently one of three in the USA. What is amazing is now fast it got here, my salesman told the VIN# as soon as he knew about it on 2-04-13, it was built on 2-09-13 and arrived 2-22-13, I drove it 2-25-13.

Good news and bad news. The good news is that it has the good Titanium LED tail lites, fit and finish was good. Bad news it is missing the aluminum gas/brake pedals and the Hybrid badge on rear, hopelly left off by mistake because it was the first one. and of course it has single exhaust but we already knew that.

• Like 1

attachicon.gif20130225_163217_resized.jpgNo longer complete vaporware. I actually test drove a Hybrid Titanium at my Ford dealer today. Apparently one of three in the USA. What is amazing is now fast it got here, my salesman told the VIN# as soon as he knew about it on 2-04-13, it was built on 2-09-13 and arrived 2-22-13, I drove it 2-25-13.

What's the VIN and the dealer?

Techtoys, you looked into getting the Dual Integrated pipes added on? Did they says they could do it? $1200 include labor?

No that is the cost of parts ($879) +$275 for paint to match and me doing the labor. But I still would have to pay a muffer shop to cut off the old tip and raise the tail pipe up.

I ordered a Fusion Hybrid 12/7/12, my dealer still doesn't have a vin for it yet. Can you track it from this following info Cyberdman. Thanks

Dealer: F74622

price level: 325

order No: 9999

order code: 505a Cust/Flt

priority: 99

Just curious if anyone else has waited as long as I have?

I ordered a Fusion Hybrid 12/7/12, my dealer still doesn't have a vin for it yet. Can you track it from this following info Cyberdman. Thanks

Dealer: F74622

price level: 325

order No: 9999

order code: 505a Cust/Flt

priority: 99

Just curious if anyone else has waited as long as I have?

From what I have read elsewhere, orders with a priority code of '99' are placeholders and do not get processed -- read the below link (as well as other posts here) and then double-check with your dealer as to whether the order was truly placed.

http://greenhybrid.com/discuss/f61/ford-dealer-discusses-orders-allocation-19747/