New Fusion Owner Pics and Impressions

MineralstangGT

Here's my new baby. 1.6L manual.

Wanted Ginger Ale with Dune interior with these black wheels but shortly after I ordered my car Ford "balanced out" (still not sure what that really means) the Ginger Ale color. So I switched to Sterling Grey with Black leather. Love the car. Getting average of 35MPG so far (according to lifetime "Fuel Economy" screen). Has enough power but the bigger motor paired to a six speed manual would have been nice too.

:)

post-49742-0-39255400-1366042186_thumb.jpg

post-49742-0-39695300-1366042188_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Wanted Ginger Ale with Dune interior with these black wheels but shortly after I ordered my car Ford "balanced out" (still not sure what that really means) the Ginger Ale color. So I switched to Sterling Grey with Black leather. Love the car. Getting average of 35MPG so far (according to lifetime "Fuel Economy" screen). Has enough power but the bigger motor paired to a six speed manual would have been nice too.

Getting 35 MPG? Awesome ! I'm getting that in the Hybrid with less power :)

Beauty!! How about some pics of that rare 6 speed manual spec'd interior :shift:

• Like 1

Getting 35 MPG? Awesome ! I'm getting that in the Hybrid with less power :)

actually the Hybrid has more HP than the 1.6 179 for the 1.6 to 188 for the Hybrid

35MPH is GREAT!

Edited by Toz

I wouldn't even be looking for new wheels if these had come on the Titanium. Not my favorite design, but the SE luxury wheels are a huge step up from the stock Titanium wheels.

• Like 1

I only can speak to the adaptive crusie and active collision avoidance

The adaptive crusie is perfect, especially on the 55MPH country road I take to and from work.. I set it at around 60MPH.. and it slows me down and follows the car infront of me at whatever speed there traveling... It will also brake heavily (very smoothly) if needed. I actually took a 40 minute drive to a resteraunt and the only time I touched the pedals was at two stop lights... it was a really wierd but awesome experiance...

You can choose your following distance... I like the closest setting for 55MPH driving... and the one bar farther away setting for highway driving,,,

One the highway it takes some getting use to... especially if your like me and drive in the right lane till passing... I found myself going slow behind a car in the right lane because I forgot to transition to the passing lane and never even noticed I was slowing...

The active collision avoidance system has worked perfect also.. on normal setting. I had a car slam on its breaks infront of me during city driving, the fusion slowed me and warned me before I had even notices the possible collision... I have had no false alarms to date.

Sounds like I should've ordered adaptive cruise :(

Sounds like I should've ordered adaptive cruise :(

I'm wishing I had it. It was on my ordered HyTi but I grew impatient and upgraded to an Energi Ti on the dealer lot. That was the one thing it was missing. I wouldn't trade any of my other features or color for the adaptive cruise though. So for something to give up, that was at the top of my list.

I'm wishing I had it. It was on my ordered HyTi but I grew impatient and upgraded to an Energi Ti on the dealer lot. That was the one thing it was missing. I wouldn't trade any of my other features or color for the adaptive cruise though. So for something to give up, that was at the top of my list.

So you would still prefer to keep your Driver Assist Package rather than swapping it for Adaptive Cruise?

I commute everyday (20 freeway miles + 20 highway miles) and I'm wondering which I would use more.

Looks good. Those rims are sharp. How much is the dealer paying your for the advertising on the back :happy feet:

• Like 1

So you would still prefer to keep your Driver Assist Package rather than swapping it for Adaptive Cruise?

I commute everyday (20 freeway miles + 20 highway miles) and I'm wondering which I would use more.

Definitely. I'm not a regular user of cruise control as it is though adaptive cruise might change that behavior. But would rather keep the BLIS system with cross traffic alert than to swap that, and the other items in Driver Assist Package, for adaptive cruise if that were even possible at this point.

Picked up my Fusion over the weekend. It has exceeded my expectations so far. After a few short trips I'm averaging 33MPG with the 6spd manual. I'm sure it will improve when I go longer distances and after it gets broken in a bit. The shifter is the smoothest I have ever used. The clutch is light(makes it feel weird going back and forth between it and my truck) and easy to learn. It is significantly quieter than the Chrysler 300 I traded in on it and rides better as well. There is really no downside to this.

Thank you Ford for giving us this transmission and allow us to option the car out with it. Most other companies limit you to the base model if you want to row your own.

post-49720-0-90509400-1366670300_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Beauty!! How about some pics of that rare 6 speed manual spec'd interior :shift:

Not so easy to take with my phone but here they are. Sorry for delay. Dealer sticker is removed. Still love the car.

post-49742-0-33732600-1366825134_thumb.jpg

post-49742-0-27083900-1366825140_thumb.jpg

post-49742-0-32107100-1366825145_thumb.jpg

Edited by sweez
  • Like 1

So I was just looking over the order guide for the 2013 HyTi which was published 10/26/12. What caught mutt eye is that under the Adaptive Cruise Option 53B, it says includes collision mitigation by braking and forward collision warning.

Could this possibly mean the car include the ability to apply the brakes on it's own like the Euro models? I can't find anything on the internet about it beyond the normal warning lights and pre-charge of brakes.

Who wants to go try it so I can know for sure?

So I was just looking over the order guide for the 2013 HyTi which was published 10/26/12. What caught mutt eye is that under the Adaptive Cruise Option 53B, it says includes collision mitigation by braking and forward collision warning.

Could this possibly mean the car include the ability to apply the brakes on it's own like the Euro models? I can't find anything on the internet about it beyond the normal warning lights and pre-charge of brakes.

Who wants to go try it so I can know for sure?

Ford's saying the car won't stop on it's own :)

Adaptive cruise does put on the brakes to slow down the car. But there is a minimum speed for adaptive cruise. When it reaches the minimum, the car makes a noise and adaptive cruise shuts off. So it does not bring the car to a full stop.

You want to test this carefully, with your foot ready to move to the brake pedal...

I wonder if this is different in the 2014? Something I read makes me think they might have changed adaptive cruise to be able to come to a full stop in the next MY. If so, I am hoping this will also be made available as a software upgrade to 2013 models.

The more I've looked into this the more I'm sure that rprobst is correct. The ACC with forward sensing will not brake the car to a stop. I've been all over this looking up everything I could over the past couple days.

Here's what I know from the Ford Marketing materials:

-ACC will slow your car down for you but only works down to 20mph before shutting off.

-If the car senses a stopped vehicle in front of you it will beep, flash on the window, and in the moment you take your foot off the gas it will begin to apply the brakes (but ever so slightly) before you can move your foot to that pedal.

-The active stopping system is called Active City Stop and is available on some Euro models as an extra add on, this system will stop the car before a collision if traveling under 20 mph otherwise it will slow the car but it can't avoid a collision if moving at over 20 mph.

Ford's collision warning with brake support system explained

Steve Kozak, Ford's global chief engineer for safety systems, talks to Erik Trytko (aka rumblestrip of www.rumblestrip.net ) about the radar system used in Ford's new collision warning with brake support system - available on the 2010 Taurus, and other cars in Ford's range.This was filmed at Ford's 2010 Model Year event in Dearborn on the 22nd July 2009

http://blip.tv/remove/ford-s-collision-warning-with-brake-support-system-explained-2407929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rJxoAOXrSc

This is how the Active City Stop works

Edited by MKII