A few shots of a local SE fit and finish.

-Strike-

As I promised, stopped in last night and stalked the White Plat SE w/appearance package at my dealership and snapped a few photos. I went over the car pretty close, and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary fit and finish wise. All the gaps lined up nicely, and everything appears to fit well, the car looks pretty well built. -- Also snapped a shot of the tail lights with flash to show the reflector, rather than the LED.

My goodness this car does look great! I appologize if any of the photos aren't 100% sharp, was handheld DSLR in low light, didn't feel like pulling out a tripod for these ;p

Gap1.jpg

Gap2.jpg

Gap3.jpg

Gap4.jpg

Gap5.jpg

SE1.jpg

SE2.jpg

SE3.jpg

SE4.jpg

SETails.jpg

• Like 3

You can really see how the platinum white tri-coat shines under street lamps.

Yeah, the color does look amazing at night. Every different light source reflects a different way and adds such dimension to the paint. It almost looks fake in a way. It obviously looks better in person But, that gives you a bit of an idea for sure. Driving past it at night, glance over, and the way the car glows, it really stands out. Looks sporty, yet really elegant and sleek.

• Like 1

It could be the slight angle of the photo, and the way the lighting is shining onto that side of the car, maybe a shadow? I don't recall it being that off in person. I could be wrong though. That is also the "false" collision panel, I wonder if it can be adjusted if it were so happen to be off a hair.

Edited by -Strike-

Wow...Blueovalforums..not only filled with the most anxious new fusion owners, but the most proud to have one AND the most obnoxious about quality lol. Most people don't even think to do half of the things we talk about in these forums...but what else do we have to do when we have to wait months for our new car obsessing over each one we see in hopes one will be ours just like it lol. Thanks for the pictures, they look great! That's exactly how my titanium hyb will look. same color and everything. Looks great and certainly worth the extra money.....with every fusion picture we seem to be getting having quality problems that everyones picky over it looks like upon months of waiting we'll all arrive at the dealer after he gives us the keys and give him a list of repairs he needs to make on the brand new car before we drive it off the lot Lol... DOORS..NOT STRAIGHT....TRUNK...1 MM GAP LARGER ON THE RIGHT.... REAR DOORS...SOUND LIKE THEY ARE HITTING THE SIDE OF THE CAR...WHEELS NOT ALIGNED...ANDDDD I CAN HEAR ROAD NOISE WHERE I SHOULDNT!..oh and I DID NOT see a complimentary die cast model on my front seat waiting for me...take it back and fix it all in 10 minutes so I can go. lol.

Edited by DarkeRetribution
  • Like 2

!! Oh wow, that is definitely off. I'd really be taking it in for adjustments for sure. If the trunk isn't the only place, and clearly that hood looks way too tight to the front. Heck, I don't even think the pre-productions were fit that bad, and they did have some interesting gaps.

• Like 1

Wow...so this is the new face of ford huh...and just when i was defending my first car purchase being a ford from everyone telling me they are horrible...now it's come to all of us finding faults on this car when we spent months finding new features...i'm dumbfounded by how bad each and every one of you that have a fusion already have problems with it cosmetically...i would just chalk it up to "that's just how it is when you mass produce stuff..quality deminishes as you make quantity fast"....but i can only say that if other car manufacturers were selling less than perfect cars as well....it's hard to imagine every car manufacturer are producing cars with cosmetic blemishes this bad....but its also hard to imagine ford is the only one that doesn't make perfect quality cars...so im at a crossroads here between either finding out fords quality really does suck VS. hoping i just get a decent looking car off the truck since no car is 100% perfect.

Edited by DarkeRetribution

Wow...so this is the new face of ford huh...and just when i was defending my first car purchase being a ford from everyone telling me they are horrible...now it's come to all of us finding faults on this car when we spent months finding new features...i'm dumbfounded by how bad each and every one of you that have a fusion already have problems with it cosmetically...i would just chalk it up to "that's just how it is when you mass produce stuff..quality deminishes as you make quantity fast"....but i can only say that if other car manufacturers were selling less than perfect cars as well....it's hard to imagine every car manufacturer are producing cars with cosmetic blemishes this bad....but its also hard to imagine ford is the onle one that doesn't make perfect quality cars...so im at a crossroads here between either finding our fords quality really does suck VS. hoping i just get a decent looking car off the truck since no car is 100% perfect.

I think we also have to keep in mind we are the hardcore here, which is why we seeked this forum. I also read an iPhone forum and everyone there is just as OCD about when they get their iPhone and notice every little mistake in the manufacturing process.

That being said, we are all paying a lot of money for this car and basic things such as alignment should be perfect as seen by the naked eye. I doubt most customers who walk into the dealership will notice these things, or even the tail lights being different on the S/SE.

I am curious if other cars, such as the new altima/altima/camry have these issues though.

That being said, we are all paying a lot of money for this car and basic things such as alignment should be perfect as seen by the naked eye. I doubt most customers who walk into the dealership will notice these things, or even the tail lights being different on the S/SE.

I had a similar thought a few days ago regarding the ordering process and the timing, that many here are obsessing over what the delay is, maybe it's this or that etc, but some of this speculation is self-imposed since there are surely hundreds of customers out there who also placed an order and just know that the process has a lot of moving parts, their orders also get delayed to go through Flat Rock and eventually arrive at their dealer and they drive away, none the wiser about any delay or why, but are happy with their new cars and off they go...

• Like 1