New Recall

ffdemoss

Any 2013 Escape or Fusion that has the 1.6L is under another recall for potential fire risk due to engine overheating. Not specific to a fuel leak...just for some type of "fluid" may hit hot exhaust parts and cause fire. Dealer will provide rental vehicles. No solution to problem as of 11/30.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked on Ford.com Recalls and mine is affected by this recall.

VIN:

ID: 12S41

Title: RISK OF OVERHEATING THAT MAY RESULT IN ENGINE FIRES

A recall is an action by the Company to remedy a safety or emissions-related concern related to a vehicle defect or regulatory requirement. It may require that you return your vehicle to the dealer for service. If your vehicle is not affected, it may be because it was built at a different time or using a different part than the affected vehicles.

Taking the Escape to the dealer this morning and picking up a loaner. The truly disheartening thing is Ford doesn't have a fix yet so the car may be there for awhile. Hopefully I'll be issued a decent loaner. I'm guessing it'll be a Focus or Fusion.

Yeah, I called my dealer. He insists that my car is not included and that this is an old recall. Although my VIN shows up on the ford.com site as recalled, he insists that when he enters my VIN on his "official" website it shows no issues or recalls.

I am not a happy camper.

Besides the VIN on the ford.com website, I know my car is recalled becasue it has teh 1.6L Ecoboost and the eighth letter is an X (which actually signifies this engine)

Taking the Escape to the dealer this morning and picking up a loaner. The truly disheartening thing is Ford doesn't have a fix yet so the car may be there for awhile. Hopefully I'll be issued a decent loaner. I'm guessing it'll be a Focus or Fusion.

Our store is already contacting Enterprise about being able to supply enough "loaner" vehicles related to this new issue. Have to give Ford credit for being so pro-active on the issue and doing what's right for the customer!

If it happens, Ford says drivers should pull over immediately, turn off the vehicle and get out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, it's a serious safety issue, but no one has died because of it.

So if it happens and you are in the middle of nowhere, you stand outside and freeze to death? No one has been killed...yet? What a great way to look at a recent 25 thousand dollar purchase.

This didn't show up in testing? So far all of these issues should have been dealt with before the vehicle went into production. A incorrectly installed carpet is one thing. A engine designed with these flaws in it is inexcusable. These aren't minor annoyances. These issues are major issues. Engines that can catch fire. A electronic system that has a mind of it's own and after years still hasn't been corrected. Someone better get on the ball and soon or the owners won't be willing to give back the replacement vehicles.

I don't know if you're a loyal Ford guy or not, but that kind of language is unnecessary. Yes, it's a serious safety issue, but no one has died because of it.

Stop being such a Ford butt-kisser. This is the 4th time these folks have had to deal with recalls. Yes, I'm happy I got the 2.0, but if this happened to me, I'd be trading in and dumping Ford.

This forum is where folks are allowed to come and vent. You have to take the good with the bad.

I don't know if you're a loyal Ford guy or not, but that kind of language is unnecessary. Yes, it's a serious safety issue, but no one has died because of it.

This is my second Ford, my first one had no recalls and luckily I got the 2.0 with my Escape, but I'd be pissed to all heck if they had 4 recalls on mine, especially buying a 30k+ car, this ain't a KIA were talking about.

I think the number of recalls are misleading. The issue with the carpet was minimal and not a sign of a bad design. The fuel line was more the fault of the vendor who produced a product not meeting the standards. The coolent leak occurred while the vehicles were being built by hand in the very beginning and didn't affect many.

My concerns would be more with the latest as this seems to be a design issue and the MFT that seems to be flawed with only some progress towards resolution.I'm wondering is the leaking issue going to be a major issue? One reason I don't buy the first production year of any vehicle.

I dropped my Escape at the dealer this morning. I am now sporting a new Jeep Liberty. Funny as I traded in my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee for the Escape for better gas mileage. Maybe I should have stayed with Jeep!

Does anyone know if there is a Lemon Law that can be used if Ford cannot determine where the fluid is leaking from or cannot fix the issue? I am not happy that I have only made one payment on the car and it is at the dealer for a recall!

I dropped my Escape at the dealer this morning. I am now sporting a new Jeep Liberty. Funny as I traded in my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee for the Escape for better gas mileage. Maybe I should have stayed with Jeep!

Does anyone know if there is a Lemon Law that can be used if Ford cannot determine where the fluid is leaking from or cannot fix the issue? I am not happy that I have only made one payment on the car and it is at the dealer for a recall!

That depends on your state - they're all different. According to the better business bureau the lemon law for Nevada is 4 or more repair attempts or 30 days out of service.