Ford hybrids fall short of fuel economy claims - CR.

For me, the main reason to warm my car up is to defrost things because I care about visibility. :)

That's what an ice-scraper is for. I can scrape the windshield and windows way faster than the car can warm and defrost them. I guess they do things differently in GA.

Edited by BrewfanGRB

I'll let you know about the scraper, lol. We barely had any winter last year, so my scraper saw no use. Before that, it saw plenty what with all the snow we got in MD and even here in GA.

No scraper's doing anything for frost like this though, which is what I usually see. Too thin. (not my car)

Frost.jpg

Edited by papilgee4evaeva

I'll let you know about the scraper, lol. We barely had any winter last year, so my scraper saw no use. Before that, it saw plenty what with all the snow we got in MD and even here in GA.

No scraper's doing anything for frost like this though, which is what I usually see. Too thin. (not my car)

Frost.jpg

For frost similar to that in this photo, I put windshield de-icer fluid in a spray bottle and leave the bottle in the trunk during winter. Whenever I encounter frost situations, I spray all the windows, turn on the wipers, wipe side windows if needed. I am ready to just start the engine and go in the matter of very little time.

Edited by LoveTaurus

Frost.jpg

Hmm. This is EXACTLY what I use my scraper on when I come out of work. Oh well. LOL.

Frost.jpg

Your scraper is shot...it's probably got so many knicks that it isn't flat anymore, so very little contact with the windshield, leaving 99% of the frost. You need a new one...or just use that library card you haven't touched in 10 years. :)

Pah! I use the *brush* for that stuff! :D

Brush? I use my freaking hands. ;)

Actually, my dad used an old school concept. Prevention.

He learned from bus drivers... Cut a thick sheet to be about as tall as the windshield and a couple feet wider.

When parking: Shut one end of the sheet in the passenger door, drape it across the windshield, pull it tight and then shut it in the drivers door.

When you need to drive, pull off the sheet and reveal a nice clean windshield!