Only one more week!

puppybone69

After nearly 9 weeks of waiting for it, I finally have an estimated delivery date for my new Fusion! 12-20-2012, only one week from today! If I'm able to pick it up on 12-22-12, it will be exactly 10 weeks since I placed my order. Looks like I may actually get my new car right before Christmas! If that happens, that means I'll be spending my birthday driving around in it on New Year's Eve!

• Like 3

I hit 8 weeks this past Saturday. When I contacted Ford's customer care, they told me retail orders take 8-10 weeks and that I should wait two more weeks.

Can you share what trim level and options you ordered?

Now that's funny. Edited by hermans

Congrats puppy! I ordered on 8/30 so I'm at 15 weeks today. Of course I'm also on my second order. According to ETIS it was built on 12/11/12 so I'm hopeful I might get it before the end of the year but I won't be crushed if this spills into early next year. It sure would be nice to have it over the Holidays though.

After nearly 9 weeks of waiting for it, I finally have an estimated delivery date for my new Fusion! 12-20-2012, only one week from today! If I'm able to pick it up on 12-22-12, it will be exactly 10 weeks since I placed my order. Looks like I may actually get my new car right before Christmas! If that happens, that means I'll be spending my birthday driving around in it on New Year's Eve!

Congrats! Im supposed to get mine on the 22nd. Ordered first week of July. Talk about anxious!

• Like 1

Look at my signature.... Enough said.... :waiting:

You are my car brother from another mother. Ordered August 30th here and stuck in TBD land ever since. I got into contact with the regional operations manager but he never got back to me after receiving two responses from him. I will try again on Monday or Tuesday.

Edited by expresspotato
  • Like 1

I wonder if they just set the dates on cars around that time. I checked yesterday and my FFH was still sitting. Ordered a week after you.

My first order was crash tested 3 days before it was supposed to arrive oct 1. This one is my second one ordered. Built 11-27

Edited by jarhead727

SE 2.0, SE appearance package, moon roof, Deep Impact Blue

I placed my order on October 13th, but I have no idea what the build date was, or any of the other lovely details that everyone else here seems to know about their cars. My dealer never gave me an order number, or a VIN number, so I could obsess over tracking the progress on my car like everyone else here is. I'm surprised he even gave me an ETA for it, since he seems determined to keep me in the dark about it. He still hasn't told me if I can get Titanium tail lights installed on it yet either. All he said was that he could do it for me as long as my car was wired for them, but he'd have to find out if it is or not. Since then, all he's said is that he's getting conflicting answers about whether it is or not. So that's still a mystery. All I know is he said that if it's wired for them, he can order the parts and install them for me when they come in, and he can add the price to the financing. I can't get a parts credit for the original SE tail lights though. I wish he'd hurry up and find out for sure if it can be done or not, so I can at least report what he said about it. I'm not sure if I'm actually gonna be able to do it or not though myself, since the price for the parts is estimated at over $1200 now. That's an awful lot of money to spend just to get better looking tail lights, but it's still cheaper than buying a Titanium to get them, so I dunno. I might do it, if it can be done, and the final price of my car is low enough to add them to it.

After nearly 9 weeks of waiting for it, I finally have an estimated delivery date for my new Fusion! 12-20-2012, only one week from today! If I'm able to pick it up on 12-22-12, it will be exactly 10 weeks since I placed my order. Looks like I may actually get my new car right before Christmas! If that happens, that means I'll be spending my birthday driving around in it on New Year's Eve!

Not quite as lucky but, given the circumstances and what othe people are experienced, pretty happy with how it is working out for me (fingers crossed, I hope it all ends as planned).

You can see the dates in my signature but, if all goes as currently scheduled, it will be a total of 11 weeks from order to ETA.

The catch in my case, though, is that I will be out of town when the car makes to the dealer.

So I arranged delivery with the dealer tentatively for 1/2/2013. Or 1/3/2013, if I am delayed or feel too jet lagged on my return.

12 long weeks from order. But I see as a slightly delayed Xmas present...

SE 2.0, SE appearance package, moon roof, Deep Impact Blue

I placed my order on October 13th, but I have no idea what the build date was, or any of the other lovely details that everyone else here seems to know about their cars. My dealer never gave me an order number, or a VIN number, so I could obsess over tracking the progress on my car like everyone else here is. I'm surprised he even gave me an ETA for it, since he seems determined to keep me in the dark about it. He still hasn't told me if I can get Titanium tail lights installed on it yet either. All he said was that he could do it for me as long as my car was wired for them, but he'd have to find out if it is or not. Since then, all he's said is that he's getting conflicting answers about whether it is or not. So that's still a mystery. All I know is he said that if it's wired for them, he can order the parts and install them for me when they come in, and he can add the price to the financing. I can't get a parts credit for the original SE tail lights though. I wish he'd hurry up and find out for sure if it can be done or not, so I can at least report what he said about it. I'm not sure if I'm actually gonna be able to do it or not though myself, since the price for the parts is estimated at over $1200 now. That's an awful lot of money to spend just to get better looking tail lights, but it's still cheaper than buying a Titanium to get them, so I dunno. I might do it, if it can be done, and the final price of my car is low enough to add them to it.

Interesting post as I wasn't aware that there was a difference in the tail lights on Fusion trim series.I'll have to look at the 2013 Fusion Order Guide in more detail now!

I hit 8 weeks this past Saturday. When I contacted Ford's customer care, they told me retail orders take 8-10 weeks and that I should wait two more weeks.

Can you share what trim level and options you ordered?

Contact them for specific information about your vehicle by looking up your VIN or order number/dealer code combo. They do the exact same thing someone else on this forum does for free to members.

Also, how are you enjoying AC3?

I did that. If my update from cyberdman next week doesn't show any movement, I'll probably call back and see if I can get it escalated.

AC3 is great, finished the main storyline last week. Not the best entry in the series (AC Brotherhood was my favorite), but a worthy close to the series.

I did that. If my update from cyberdman next week doesn't show any movement, I'll probably call back and see if I can get it escalated.

AC3 is great, finished the main storyline last week. Not the best entry in the series (AC Brotherhood was my favorite), but a worthy close to the series.

I agree...I wasn't too thrilled with this new guy either or the story, but it was fun nonetheless. Nothing beats Ezio's story line through...from when he was young, to middle aged, to retired..all three were the best in the series.

Well I finally heard back from my dealer about swapping out my SE tail lights for Titanium tail lights. It's totally doable! The parts, labor and all is only $900 to do it, so I'm going for it! I figured it would be cheaper if I had the dealer do it for me as part of the final deal on my car, instead of waiting until later to do it myself! Now the only outwardly visible differences between my SE and a Titanium will be the chrome door handles and the chrome trim all the way around the side windows, since I got the SE appearance package instead of the luxury package, and of course the name badges. So at night, anyone who knows about the difference in the tail lights will think that I'm driving a Titanium instead of an SE!

Well I finally heard back from my dealer about swapping out my SE tail lights for Titanium tail lights. It's totally doable! The parts, labor and all is only $900 to do it, so I'm going for it! I figured it would be cheaper if I had the dealer do it for me as part of the final deal on my car, instead of waiting until later to do it myself! Now the only outwardly visible differences between my SE and a Titanium will be the chrome door handles and the chrome trim all the way around the side windows, since I got the SE appearance package instead of the luxury package, and of course the name badges. So at night, anyone who knows about the difference in the tail lights will think that I'm driving a Titanium instead of an SE!

That's awesome that you can do it! For me the price difference between my configured SE and a base Titanium was a little over $1500, so that in the end ended up being worth it to me to upgrade. But it's nice that SE owners will have the option of adding the Titanium tail lights.

• 2 weeks later...