Gun Control Tramples On The Certain Virtues Of A Heavily Armed Citizenry

So you never did scenario based sims training?

And you do no "What if" planning in your personal life and safety?

Fire drills, disaster preparedness, insurance?

In all fairness to langston the Army wasn't doing much in the way of simulation training 22 years ago. The biggest simulation system was at Fort Hood and the program wasn't all that great. Think about how far computer's have come sense the early 90's. At that time the best training was still hands on training and for combat arms, hands on is still the best training. Urban warfare and CQB is not even remotely the same on Xbox as it is in real life for instance. However I do agree about having a plan and being ready and there is nothing wrong with pondering how one would react in an active shooter situation in a public place. That's just good common sense and to claim otherwise is foolishness.

In all fairness to langston the Army wasn't doing much in the way of simulation training 22 years ago. The biggest simulation system was at Fort Hood and the program wasn't all that great. Think about how far computer's have come sense the early 90's. At that time the best training was still hands on training and for combat arms, hands on is still the best training. Urban warfare and CQB is not even remotely the same on Xbox as it is in real life for instance. However I do agree about having a plan and being ready and there is nothing wrong with pondering how one would react in an active shooter situation in a public place. That's just good common sense and to claim otherwise is foolishness.

Only a fool lives their life without mentally anticipating possible consequences of ones own actions or the possible actions of others.

LH is just refusing to cede a point and is willing to say the stupidest things to stand against what we have proposed or declared.

I actually believe he DOES play "mental what-if" for most everything he does.

Otherwise he would quickly become road kill in direct result of his failure to anticipate what he should/could do as he approaches on coming traffic at an intersection.

He can't be as brain dead as he thinks he's claiming he is.

And if he is, this Boy Scout would proudly offer to help him cross the street.

Alas, I suspect he'd refuse.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany
  • Like 1

Thank you for your service, but that doesn't make what i said wrong.

I don't believe in playing mental games talking about what one would do IF. It's been 22 years since I wore the Tarot Leaf and I'm no longer a 11Bravo.

What did you do in the motor pool?

Don't you mean "Taro Leaf".....the patch of the 24th Inf. Div.?

Having a plan for what? I don't expect to find a working assault rifle lying around, that shit is video game stuff.

I don't go around armed so my plan is basic, be aware of surroundings, especially exits and cover. I'm not going to kid myself like Fired that i'm going to end school shooting using a jammed/no ammo AR-15 as a war hammer.

• 2 months later...

Evidence that some "Gun Control Activists" are simply trying to be the last man with a fire arm. After advocating the area's restrictive gun control laws, this guy is busted carrying one.........

Wait for it.........

In a Elementary School.

GUN STUN: Gun control activist swears he forgot he was carrying gun while visiting school

A Buffalo, N.Y. community activist who is well known locally for pushing for a highly restrictive 2013 gun control law has been arrested for — wait for it — carrying a gun illegally at a public elementary school.

The arrested gun-control advocate, Dwayne Ferguson, caused quite a scene at Harvey Austin Elementary School, reports local CBS affiliate WIVB.

At about 4:15 p.m. on Thursday, police acted on a pair of anonymous 911 tips. A battalion of cops quickly swarmed the school. The brigade included over a dozen squad cars, the SWAT team and K9 units. The Erie County Sheriff’s Air One helicopter and what appears to be an armored vehicle also turned up.

The school was immediately placed on lockdown. Parts of two streets were closed.

About 60 students who were still on campus participating in after-school activities were funneled to the cafeteria.

Cops searched the school room by room and would not let parents on campus until they were satisfied that no shooting threat existed.

Ferguson, 52, was at Harvey Elementary because he works as a mentor in an after-school program for disadvantaged students.

He said he frequently carries a pistol. He has a license but the license does not matter under the strict state law Ferguson helped pass.

Evidence that some "Gun Control Activists" are simply trying to be the last man with a fire arm. After advocating the area's restrictive gun control laws, this guy is busted carrying one.........

Wait for it.........

In a Elementary School.

GUN STUN: Gun control activist swears he forgot he was carrying gun while visiting school

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Kinda like Shemane Nugent showing up to the airport with a pistol in her carry on.

http://gawker.com/here-is-the-gun-that-got-ted-nugents-wife-arrested-1251536014

Ted Nugent’s wife arrested at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport; attorney says she made “honest mistake”

http://www.dispatch.com//content/stories/public/2013/08/12/concealed-carry-accidental-shooting.html

A firearms instructor accidentally shot a student while teaching a gun-safety class on Saturday in Fairfield County to people seeking permits to carry concealed weapons.
Terry J. Dunlap Sr., who runs a shooting range and training center at 6995 Coonpath Rd. near Lancaster, was demonstrating a handgun when he fired a .38-caliber bullet that ricocheted off a desk and into student Michael Piemonte’s right arm.

The irony of you mentioning "Hypocrisy at its finest", since you guys ignore your own sides fuck ups. :happy feet:

Finally, some good news when it comes to lawful exercising of one's "right to bear arms", in California no less.

Court overturns concealed-carry rule in blow to California gun law

(Reuters) - A federal appeals court on Thursday struck down a requirement by San Diego County that residents show "good cause" to carry a concealed firearm, a ruling that could force local governments across California to revisit the way they license handguns.

A three-member panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, acting on a 2009 lawsuit, ruled in a 2-1 decision that San Diego County's restrictions amounted to an unconstitutional infringement on citizens' Second Amendment rights to bear arms.

Coupled with a California state law that largely bans the open carrying of firearms in public, San Diego County's "good cause" rules on concealed weapons effectively bar residents from carrying a gun altogether, the panel said.

"In California, the only way that the typical, responsible, law-abiding citizen can carry a weapon in public for the lawful purpose of self-defense is with a concealed carry permit. And, in San Diego County, that option has been taken off the table," Justice Thomas O'Scannlain wrote in the 77-page opinion for the majority.

California, which has enacted some of the nation's strictest gun laws, allows residents to carry a concealed weapon if they meet several requirements, including completing a training course, demonstrating good moral character and establishing "good cause" to have the gun.

Interpretation of the statute is left to individual jurisdictions, with San Diego County taking one of the most restrictive stances by refusing to accept self-defense or concern for personal safety as a "good cause."

Instead, applicants must demonstrate a special need or a specific risk in order to establish good cause.

• 3 weeks later...

True dat.

You're aware that the same could be said of conservatives and their logic.

We should not judge the TeaParty/anti-abortion/Christians etc. but we can judge Muslims/Occupy and so on by them.

I expect Cal to be one sided but you keep telling us you are not, so why is it you tell us you're not and show us you are?

BTW, requiring stronger regulations to limit the lunatics isn't judging gun owners. After all we increased regulations on air travel because of the actions of a few. Very few people were advocating for less restrictions after 9/11 were they? It's perfectly okay to make using a plane in mass murder less easy but suggesting that for firearms is considered outlandish.

You're aware that the same could be said of conservatives and their logic.

We should not judge the TeaParty/anti-abortion/Christians etc. but we can judge Muslims/Occupy and so on by them.

I expect Cal to be one sided but you keep telling us you are not, so why is it you tell us you're not and show us you are?

BTW, requiring stronger regulations to limit the lunatics isn't judging gun owners. After all we increased regulations on air travel because of the actions of a few. Very few people were advocating for less restrictions after 9/11 were they? It's perfectly okay to make using a plane in mass murder less easy but suggesting that for firearms is considered outlandish.

The point was to not paint with such a wide brush all Muslims, and I haven't, all Tea Party, as you have, all gun rights advocates, as you have, or all gun related deaths, as you typically do.

And just "HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN STOPPED WITH THE TSA SCREENING SYSTEM WE HAVE?"

Shoe Bomber and Underwear Bomber made it through and attempted their crimes.

And the recent flight had passengers using fake passports.

Just how effective is all that inconvenience and hassle?

Edited by FiredMotorCompany
  • Like 1

The point was to not paint with such a wide brush all Muslims, and I haven't, all Tea Party, as you have, all gun rights advocates, as you have, or all gun related deaths, as you typically do.

I doubt that was Cal's intent.

Or gun control advocates which you do, or occupy which you did. Your standard brush is very broad, but I'm mot telling you something you don't know.

The liberal lives in a world where permission to do anything is granted by higher authority. He simply can't grasp the idea of liberty, freedom, or earned success. In his world everything is given or taken, never really owned. In his world we should all consider ourselves to be lucky to be allowed to own a gun, fly on an airplane, keep a few of the dollars we earn, or be able to live in a modest home. These are all privileges granted by a stern but compassionate government that knows what is best for each of us. He takes great joy when his master beats down any that would seek to advance or step out of line. He may never be outstanding, but he is happy in the knowledge that his master will never allow those who are more capable to surpass his own modest achievements. Since he has no rights, his focus is to make sure that others are equally chained.

• Like 2

And the recent flight had passengers using fake passports.

To be fair, that wasn't a US-bound/sourced flight, and had the passports been checked against the global database (as I believe all international flights departing/arriving from the US are required to now) they would have been discovered then.