Gun Control Tramples On The Certain Virtues Of A Heavily Armed Citizenry

A talking point in debate or discourse is a succinct statement designed to support persuasively one side taken on an issue. Such statements can either be free standing or created as retorts to the opposition's talking points and are frequently used in public relations, particularly in areas heavy in debate such as politics and marketing.

As if your side doesn't use them either.

LOL, now it's okay to use them. Right. yeah, what he says.

It's not a talking point, it's just reality. The majority of violent crimes and gun related murders take place in large liberal metropolitican areas where the population tends to vote liberal and liberals are in charge of the government.

Just keep telling yourself it has to do with politics and soon enough you'll believe it. Or perhaps you've been repeating this refrain to yourself long enough already that you already believe the lie.

Just keep telling yourself it has to do with politics and soon enough you'll believe it. Or perhaps you've been repeating this refrain to yourself long enough already that you already believe the lie.

There is no lie. The majority of violent crimes and gun related murders take place in large liberal metropolitan areas where the population tends to vote liberal and liberals are in charge. That's just reality.

No, it is not. Please explain how they are tied together.

Sure. Liberalism has done a fantastic job of turning many people in our society into useless leaches who are incapable of understanding that they are respondible for their own actions and need to take control of their own lives. Liberalsim promotes the false narative that whatever is wrong in your life it is always the fault of someone else, usually one of those evil white conservative old men. Liberalism promotes the victim mentality and convinces those who believe in it that they need only to rely on the the government to make their lives better. That the government will force other people to give liberal followers things that they otherwise would have to work for. Liberalism promotes division and strife along lines of race, gender, sexual preference and financial status. It appeals to the baser emotions of envy and hatred and teaches those who follow it that it is okay, even justifiable, for them to feel such things based on the lines of division I have just laid out. In short, liberalism creates strife, division and hatred within the population. Liberal politicians do this for one reason, to get votes so that they can stay in power and live in the lap of luxury at the expense of the tax payer. They will tell you that all that is wrong with your life is the fault of someone else, even the things that you didn't know were wrong in your life. It is always the fault of someone else and if you will just be willing to render more and more of your liberty and freedom to the almighty government then they will punish those bad people and force them to give you what is rightfully yours. It is the Santa Claus mentality. Vote for me and I'll give you more money. I'll take it from those other evil people over there who are hording it and keeping it from you on purpose because they don't like you. I'll take it from them and give it to you. It is a lie of course, but an ever so seductive lie, espeically to the masses in this country who have an IQ that is barely north of room temperature. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. They are easily led and easily fooled. This is the crux of liberalism. It creates division and hatred based on nothing but false accusations. It fosters and promotes this narrative and then you wonder why those who believe in it are violent? Get a clue.

Sure. Liberalism has done a fantastic job of turning many people in our society into useless leaches who are incapable of understanding that they are respondible for their own actions and need to take control of their own lives. Liberalsim promotes the false narative that whatever is wrong in your life it is always the fault of someone else, usually one of those evil white conservative old men. Liberalism promotes the victim mentality and convinces those who believe in it that they need only to rely on the the government to make their lives better. That the government will force other people to give liberal followers things that they otherwise would have to work for. Liberalism promotes division and strife along lines of race, gender, sexual preference and financial status. It appeals to the baser emotions of envy and hatred and teaches those who follow it that it is okay, even justifiable, for them to feel such things based on the lines of division I have just laid out. In short, liberalism creates strife, division and hatred within the population. Liberal politicians do this for one reason, to get votes so that they can stay in power and live in the lap of luxury at the expense of the tax payer. They will tell you that all that is wrong with your life is the fault of someone else, even the things that you didn't know were wrong in your life. It is always the fault of someone else and if you will just be willing to render more and more of your liberty and freedom to the almighty government then they will punish those bad people and force them to give you what is rightfully yours. It is the Santa Claus mentality. Vote for me and I'll give you more money. I'll take it from those other evil people over there who are hording it and keeping it from you on purpose because they don't like you. I'll take it from them and give it to you. It is a lie of course, but an ever so seductive lie, espeically to the masses in this country who have an IQ that is barely north of room temperature. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. They are easily led and easily fooled. This is the crux of liberalism. It creates division and hatred based on nothing but false accusations. It fosters and promotes this narrative and then you wonder why those who believe in it are violent? Get a clue.

Wow, I guess I was wrong in expecting you to say something that made sense. Instead i got the same old bullshit. Now could you explain how crime is related to politics?

I did really like the bold though. That bullshit is funny, especially since your basically advocating a theory that creates division. Lets face it, you've just repeating the same old lies that the RNC uses to divide us.

"liberals just want to take from you to give to those who won't work for it." is just another political talking point that the RNC has been putting out for decades. Talk about someone being a minion, that's what you are.

Wow, I guess I was wrong in expecting you to say something that made sense. Instead i got the same old bullshit. Now could you explain how crime is related to politics?

I did really like the bold though. That bullshit is funny, especially since your basically advocating a theory that creates division. Lets face it, you've just repeating the same old lies that the RNC uses to divide us.

"liberals just want to take from you to give to those who won't work for it." is just another political talking point that the RNC has been putting out for decades. Talk about someone being a minion, that's what you are.

I didn't expect someone who still insists that George Bush lied about WMD's in Iraq even while Democrats where saying the same thing before he was even President to understand. That goes back to the whole "being stupid" thing I was talking about.

I didn't expect someone who still insists that George Bush lied about WMD's in Iraq even while Democrats where saying the same thing before he was even President to understand. That goes back to the whole "being stupid" thing I was talking about.

Oh, okay. It's not that I don't understand what your saying, it's that what your saying is total bullshit.

Oh, okay. It's not that I don't understand what your saying, it's that what your saying is total bullshit.

Nah, I leave the total bullshit to you and the rest of the libs. You take the black community for instance. I just laugh when liberals talk about how they are the champion of the black community and how they are looking out for the black people in this country. You libs have done more to destroy the black community than any hardcore Klan member could ever dream of doing. You did it by convincing a great many young black woman that a child's father could be replaced by a check from the government. You went into the black community and preached welfare to millions of young black women and convinced them that they didn't have to rely on a man or have a husband or even a job. "Don't worry," you told them. "Vote for a democrat and we will make sure to get you a check every month, and everything will be okay." Only everything didn't turn out okay did it? No it didn't. Because daddy is a whole lot more than just a paycheck. As a result you now have millions of young black men who have grown up without a father figure or a father in the home. Many of these young men (and some young women) still sought out that stability and sort of family structure that they couldn't get at home. Where did they find it? Gangs. The number one cause of death for a black male 18 to 24 in America now is homicide. Homicide kills more young black males than car accidents, suicide and disease combined. All of it is directly attributable to you stupid ass libs meddling in their lives when you should have left them well enough alone. You created and promoted a culture that destroyed the black family and the end result is unchecked gun violence in the black community. This is only one of the ways that liberalism is directly related to the fact that the majority of violent crimes and gun related murders take place in large metropolitan areas where the population tends to vote liberal and liberals are in charge. The blood of millions of you black men who did not deserve to die is on the hands of the democrat party and their nanny state bullshit. That's reality, live with it.

Edited by BlackHorse

Nothing is true that you say. Your not even able to present anything other than your assertions.

I'm able to use the words "your" and "you're" properly. lol It's all true and everyone here knows it. Liberals are meddlesome. These are the people that brought us bans on super size soft drinks. Banning toys from kids happy meals. Banning salt. You guys can't leave well enough alone. You can't resist the tempation to nanny state everything and as a result you have made a real mess of the country.

Edited by BlackHorse

Oh, there is plenty of BS from the DNC about guns, just as there is from the NRA/RNC/conservative gun nut groups.

The problem is that he's repeating the conservative side.

Haven't heard you criticizing the BS from the DNC, save the few exceptions where you claim to want "reasonable restrictions" or words to that effect.

How about presenting an opinion piece about the next proposal from the left with your opinions and any criticisms as we have done?

Post opinions on the issue instead of opinions of the poster!

Haven't heard you criticizing the BS from the DNC, save the few exceptions where you claim to want "reasonable restrictions" or words to that effect.

How about presenting an opinion piece about the next proposal from the left with your opinions and any criticisms as we have done?

Post opinions on the issue instead of opinions of the poster!

You've been here long enough to no what and when i disagree with the DNC, but your usually too worried about whether i disagree with you.

I tell you all the time that i am merely the counterpoint. Why do you think i come here where there virtually no other liberals. If i wanted to engage in nuanced points i wouldn't be debating it with blackhorse, who just employs this one size be all reaganesq welfare queen propaganda, blaming liberals and welfare for violence and issues that are due more to education, economic mobility and opportunity than any single government program.

Or we could here about how Chicago's south side homicide issues are solved by concealed carry when it's not like there is a lack of concealed firearms on the south side.

The problem is that the NRA currently acts as a lobbyist for gun manufacturers, as a political advocacy group for Republicans and has forgotten where it came from.

They are still strong advocates of gun safety and responsible ownership. The lobbying and political advocacy is a direct result of the attempts to ban firearms. The gun grabbers complain about the political activities of the NRA but they are the ones that cause it. They demonize the NRA and the result is the intransigence regarding any gun control legislation. Richard Dreyfus's proposition makes the NRA a major part of the solution instead of an enemy to be destroyed. I sincerely believe that this attitude toward many of the issues in this country would go a long way toward solutions. Both parties could learn much from this lesson.