Ford, Industry report December 2012 and year end sales results

Because Ford doesn't sell a minivan. Thought that was pretty obvious. The 20+ Fords (and many other brands as well) I've owned before that give me a pretty good baseline of how to converse about Fords and their competitors.

Does that make my opinion any less valid?

I've been lucky enough to belong to this board for 12 years through owning Fords as well as other manufacturer's vehicles. Through the ridiculous times of "Sheriff" and the BON legal drama with Ford. The majority of the people I've met through those years don't give two hoots what you drive as long as you bring something intelligent to the conversation. I've also conversed with plenty of Ford owners in that time that brought nothing intelligent to the conversation.

Which one are you?

Minivans will be obselete by 2020 IMO. I believe Chrysler will stop production of the T&C but will continue production of the Dodge varient... or maybe its vice versa. Minivans do not get good gas mileage when compared to a CUV and they are not built for towing as a CUV is more tow oriented. Glad you purchased a T&C as they are the best minivans in the already dead segment. Ford made a terrible mistake with the Freestar as they did with a lot of other products. They never should have renamed it to the Freestar and should of stuck with Windstar. Also, it was nothing more than a refresh of what it replaced. The body style was old and outdated. I understand the Mercury Montery as it was suppose to replace the Villager. They also had those same Essex 3.9 and 4.2 V6 which was nothing more than a slightly upgraded 3.8L... Should have given those vans the 3.0 Duratec.

What the hell someone always picking here?. I was talking about Borg point, you the one putting up science project graphics about the eb.

Do the Eb 3.5 make more power and tq then the eb 2.0? yes again your average v6 will put out a better tq curve then a 4 cly in case someone else is not catching on. Also if Ford themselves are making a small v6 they must think along the same lines then.

And if your are getting a small engine with large power get ready to pay for the power.

English is what...your 4th language? If I were you, that's the excuse I would use.

Minivans will be obselete by 2020 IMO. I believe Chrysler will stop production of the T&C but will continue production of the Dodge varient... or maybe its vice versa. Minivans do not get good gas mileage when compared to a CUV and they are not built for towing as a CUV is more tow oriented. Glad you purchased a T&C as they are the best minivans in the already dead segment. Ford made a terrible mistake with the Freestar as they did with a lot of other products. They never should have renamed it to the Freestar and should of stuck with Windstar. Also, it was nothing more than a refresh of what it replaced. The body style was old and outdated. I understand the Mercury Montery as it was suppose to replace the Villager. They also had those same Essex 3.9 and 4.2 V6 which was nothing more than a slightly upgraded 3.8L... Should have given those vans the 3.0 Duratec.

I don't think the minivan will be going away anytime soon. Of course they don't offer some of the benefits of some CUVs, but no CUVs offers all of the benefits of a minivan either. They are the perfect vehicles for a good number of buyers still. They offer very convenient family-oriented packaging that can't be matched by even the most well thought out CUV.

I'm on a trip right now and have a 2012 Toyota Camry rental. I've never driven a Camry before so I was really excited to see how wonderful it must be if they sold over 400,000 of them last year. Needless to say I'm quite disappointed with the car. I swear my 2011 Escape has better handling and it rides more like a Buick LeSabre then a modern midsized car. Interior materials are decent, but honestly pretty cheap and this comes from an older generation Escape driver. I haven't even lifted the hood, but power wise I can tell it's a 4. It gets by, but won't raise your pulse. Some of the ergonomics inside don't make much sense either.

Anyhow I'm just surprised so many love this mediocre car. If it is the golden standard by which all others are judged I'm speechless. Toyota really should change it's name from Camry to Mediocrity since it would reflect the driving experience better.

For the market leaders, they still outsell many other segments.

post-6726-0-36450900-1358021065.png

post-6726-0-36450900-1358021065_thumb.png

Edited by Intrepidatious