Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Don't remember if it had floor mats, but it was next to the two other Fusions. Sure looks ready to me. I would not accept that car with the trunk like that. Can you imagine how the tail lights would look when lit.

That uuuuuugly dealer (and freakin obtrusive) sticker on the trunk tells me that the dealer has prepped it. That'd be the first thing I would demand was removed when I took delivery. Unless they're giving me a couple hundo to drive it like that (until I took a hairdryer to it when I got home).

That uuuuuugly dealer (and freakin obtrusive) sticker on the trunk tells me that the dealer has prepped it. That'd be the first thing I would demand was removed when I took delivery. Unless they're giving me a couple hundo to drive it like that (until I took a hairdryer to it when I got home).

That's the first thing I noticed too, that big gawdy dealer decal... hideous.

Does any one have a clue how long it should take from build date of 3/25 in HERMOSILLO, Mexico to Delivery in Florida? My Birthday is 4/4, so a new car would be a good gift! Now if only if I can get it by then and wrapped in a big bow.

On a second note, I am not that thrilled with the 18" Inch Polished Face with Flash Gray-Painted Pockets Wheels that come with the HyTi. I would be willing to trade out right for the 17" Sparkle Silver-Painted Aluminum on an SE, as long as it is not a create a big problem with the speedometer/odometer with the size decrease. If the size decrease is a big hassle, I would trade for 18" 5 Spoke Premium Painted Aluminum Wheels. I would much prefer the 17"s, plus I am guessing the tires may be cheaper too.

Also how do you find out the build day? I just know the build week.

Model: Deep Impact Blue Metallic 2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium (P0R, 900A, 53B, 55M, 90A)
Price: X-Plan $33055.19

Date Ordered: 12/27/12
VIN Available:
3/4/13
VIN #: 3FA6P0RU4DR281842

Window Sticker Available: ?
Scheduled Build Week: 3/25/13

Scheduled Build Date: ?
State: FL

Does any one have a clue how long it should take from build date of 3/25 in HERMOSILLO, Mexico to Delivery in Florida? My Birthday is 4/4, so a new car would be a good gift! Now if only if I can get it by then and wrapped in a big bow.

If you get a build on 3/25 it's possible to get to the dealer by 4/4 but I would say chances are pretty slim, just from following the threads of the transport of many others.

On your wheels, if you can't take the wheels I would suggest buying aftermarket ones of the same size, as personally I would not use wheels of a different size, but to each his own.

To find out if it was built on time, go to www.etis.ford.com and input the VIN, the actual build date normally gets posted the day after the build is complete.

Good day everyone!

I saw this thread while poking around and thought I would add what I heard from the dealership when I ordered. (March 7)

This is my third order for a vehicle over the last few years. They have averaged the following:

2011 Fusion Hybrid - Ordered March 3rd, delivered to dealer April 25th. - Just shy of 8 weeks.

2013 Focus SE - Ordered October 3rd, delivered to dealer December 28th. - Just over 12 weeks. Of course there was Thanksgiving in the middle of this, and then shipping from the rail yard to the dealer at Christmas. (Looks like it sat at the rail yard for about 8 days)

Right now, they are saying more toward 6 weeks. Lucky thing is that my dealer is a Select Dealer, so, depending on things, means getting in line for build a bit quicker than some other dealers. It will be interesting to see when the schedule is set for build with a lot of the people on here being the week of 3-18 and 3-25.

This is a great thread for me to monitor as things build to see if they go on quality hold or anything like that after the builds.

On a second note, I am not that thrilled with the 18" Inch Polished Face with Flash Gray-Painted Pockets Wheels that come with the HyTi. I would be willing to trade out right for the 17" Sparkle Silver-Painted Aluminum on an SE, as long as it is not a create a big problem with the speedometer/odometer with the size decrease. If the size decrease is a big hassle, I would trade for 18" 5 Spoke Premium Painted Aluminum Wheels. I would much prefer the 17"s, plus I am guessing the tires may be cheaper too.

Model: Deep Impact Blue Metallic 2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium (P0R, 900A, 53B, 55M, 90A)

Price: X-Plan $33055.19

Date Ordered: 12/27/12

VIN Available: 3/4/13

VIN #: 3FA6P0RU4DR281842

Window Sticker Available: ?

Scheduled Build Week: 3/25/13

Scheduled Build Date: ?

State: FL

As per your build week, your car is not yet produced. Go here during your build week: http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do, click on the "Vehicle" tab, enter your VIN and click search. A couple of days after your car is built the default date that is shown will change to your build date. About a week later your parts list will populate.

Go here for a discussion on swapping out wheels and tires: http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/568-upgrading-to-larger-wheeltires/.

There was one on the Fusion and Fusion Energi, the one for the hybrid was less ($1000 or $500). Build and Price still show them.

I just ordered, and referenced those rebates. The $1,000 is NOT for Hybrid. The $500 IS. There are also no really strong financing offers right now. (The good one that is low rate plus $1,250 is for regular Fusion).

Just so all of you know, up until the last couple of months, all offers from Ford specifically excluded Hybrids completely. (Like GT500, etc.)

And, if you do it fast enough, you might sign up for more information on a vehicle from Ford and get a certificate for $750. I get them all the time and you don't need to have them when you go. Ford has a record of them and their expiration in their systems. I have one toward mine that lasts until March 2014, that I will be using along with the $500 and $200 from Ford through Owner's Advantage.

I have one toward mine that lasts until March 2014, that I will be using along with the $500 and $200 from Ford through Owner's Advantage.

That's a crazy expiration date! Is it for $750 off? The one I got was for $750 and expired on 3/4/13.

I'm not familiar with the Owner's Advantage rebate. I made an account on owner.ford.com and didn't see any discounts there. Can you give us more info on it?

Thanks!

That's a crazy expiration date! Is it for $750 off? The one I got was for $750 and expired on 3/4/13.

I'm not familiar with the Owner's Advantage rebate. I made an account on owner.ford.com and didn't see any discounts there. Can you give us more info on it?

Thanks!

Sure! Owner's Advantage is something you enroll in as a Ford customer. As you purchase vehicles and have them serviced at a Ford dealer, you earn rewards back. For example, I get about every 4th oil change for free. I always get "The Works", where they rotate the tires, etc, and I end up paying the difference from standard service. My last full service cost me $18 because of the free work. It is usually around $50.

We have 3 Fords in our household, so we earn the rewards pretty quickly. You get $100 when you purchase a new vehicle, and it goes toward a new one.

I had Owner Advantage at my previous dealer. One day they decided to drop participation in the program. Fortunately I was able to use the $50 that was in the account before it evaporated. I lost the $100 that was there for a new car purchase. I hope they saved a lot of money by dropping the program because my new car purchase is not through them.

We have 3 Fords in our household, so we earn the rewards pretty quickly. You get $100 when you purchase a new vehicle, and it goes toward a new one.

Thanks! Do the rewards expire, or can I use the $100 I'll get for buying this Fusion in 10 years when I'll be ready for a new one?

I am not sure if the rewards expired. These are both well over 1 year old. One is nearing 2 years. Since you get them by buying a car, I would expect they leave them around for a few years at least.

murphy62, you sound like me a while back. I bought a 2009 Focus from a different dealer in the Rochester, NY area that literally was the worst car dealer ever after the sale. I had no issues with the sales side, and actually my sales person went to bat for me with the service issues. They didn't participate in Owner Rewards and were doing their own "Free Oil Changes For Life" nonsense. Which would be fine if it were actually on terms you could accept.

My dealer now is simply awesome. I wouldn't go anywhere else for sales OR service. It is nice to walk in and hear "Hey Joe! What's going on today??". That is what I expect from a place your family has bought 3 cars from. At the other dealership, we would have been just another number to the service department.

Sorry, I might have missed it, but when did job2 start? Just got word my car is choochooing along about 4 hrs south of my dealer! They think it might get there on their overnight truck! Fingers crossed. But I've been very curious if ill get the buttons or the sensors. Build date was 2/9

Sorry, I might have missed it, but when did job2 start? Just got word my car is choochooing along about 4 hrs south of my dealer! They think it might get there on their overnight truck! Fingers crossed. But I've been very curious if ill get the buttons or the sensors. Build date was 2/9

Scooter - wondering the same thing. Several have referenced Job 2 - but I can't find anyone that can say it definitely started - lots of assumptions. My car was built on Friday and Etis was updated with that date today, but the details are not there yet, only the build date. While putting other VIN's in Etis though I did notice that several of them said Job 1 build. Wondering since your car was built recently - if you go put your VIN in Etis - look through the long list - which it is known not all of them are right, but look and see if you have a note about Job 1 or Job 2 build? http://www.etis.ford.com - Click the Vehicle tab and key your VIN there - see what we might learn. Thanks !

I received confirmation from a reliable source that the change from sensory to pushbutton overhead switches in Job2 was due to production quality issues which have been solved by the change.

Jennifer Palsgrove (who works for Ford said on the http://www.Facebook.com/FordFusion site said "Okay I just got off the phone with the lighting manager & she said they did away with the touch sensor lights because of production & robust issues. She said they are hoping to perfect the technology & get it back into future models when it's right. About the lighted cup holders it might of just been a design thing. The Lincoln's won't have it either or the sensor lights because they aren't robust at this point."

• Like 2

Jennifer Palsgrove (who works for Ford said on the http://www.Facebook.com/FordFusion site said "Okay I just got off the phone with the lighting manager & she said they did away with the touch sensor lights because of production & robust issues. She said they are hoping to perfect the technology & get it back into future models when it's right. About the lighted cup holders it might of just been a design thing. The Lincoln's won't have it either or the sensor lights because they aren't robust at this point."

So are the touch sensor switches like those in the Edge? The ones in the other models? In our Edge, they are small, raised, non-moving buttons, that react to touch/ swipe.

Newbie/First Post

I have a question for all of you with VINs, I received my build week (3/25/13) on 2/28/13 but my dealer insists there is not yet a VIN. Yet I see many of you on here with VINs, what can I do to inquire myself.

You can post your info w cyberdman http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/ Read the rules first. You can also ask for a Status from Facebooks Trina of Ford or Eric of Ford or on with Twitter @FordService

Scooter - wondering the same thing. Several have referenced Job 2 - but I can't find anyone that can say it definitely started - lots of assumptions. My car was built on Friday and Etis was updated with that date today, but the details are not there yet, only the build date. While putting other VIN's in Etis though I did notice that several of them said Job 1 build. Wondering since your car was built recently - if you go put your VIN in Etis - look through the long list - which it is known not all of them are right, but look and see if you have a note about Job 1 or Job 2 build? http://www.etis.ford.com - Click the Vehicle tab and key your VIN there - see what we might learn. Thanks !

Job #2 started in January for February Builds.

Edited by fusionfan11

It says on my order that I got from the dealer that my HYTI is a Job 2 order. FYI, So far my order seems to be moving right along. Ordered 2/19, got my vin on 2/28, build on 3/25 ish. That would be 5 weeks to build from order, 7-8ish for delivery on a fully loaded Hy Ti. Not bad considering all of the delays that have been going on. I either have been really lucky or I know what I'm doing! :D

Yeah, I've looked at that a couple of times, but don't see any reference to a job#. Maybe that inherently means job1? I see I should have the aluminum pedals which I'm happy with. And maybe I'll be getting the touch sensor moonroof controls too. As far as the lighted cup holders go, I'd really like to see if anyone's CENTER CONSOLE cup holders are lit. I've now come to believe the literature (which may or may not have shown the center console cup holders), when talking about them being lighted with ambient lighting, was ACTUALLY talking about the cup holders in the doors.

Anywho, if you're interesting in checking my VIN on etis yourself to compare: 3FA6P0SU6DR240946