Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Mystiq - what color is your order? Last we knew, Ruby Red was on commodity hold. I wonder if that is why.
Yeah, I ordered Ruby Red. Supply issues or quality control?

You guys are awesome, by the way. I would have a hard time finding out all this by myself.

Edited by Mystiq

neod192 is correct. Mine was built yesterday. Pretty stoked right now. Now I just have to hope it ends up on a railcar soon and not in limbo. Shipping time to Fort Worth, TX seems to only be a couple weeks if all goes smoothly

For some details on that shipping to DFW - at least from my experience - check this thread - http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52847-anyone-tracked-from-hermosillo-to-dallas/ post #11 and my signature have some dates. This was for a gas Titanium. But as long as you don't need to go through extra inspections or get side tracked - your experience should be similar for shipping.

I was going through this process exactly 2 years ago with my Mustang, and there was the same supply hold on the red with flake in it due to the tsunami.

Yep. My 2011 Fusion was in production right now 2 years ago with Red Candy paint. It never went on commodity hold, but was reportedly slow due to the backlog of cars needing production with the red colors. Took 9 weeks from order to receipt, and at that time, most vehicles the dealer was ordering were coming in 6-7 weeks.

Now they say that cars are coming even faster, but I don't think these are a part of that. Almost makes me want to wait until the Michigan plant is up and running full steam, but I can't wait that long! :)

Can somebody help me get a VIN on a Fusion Hybrid Titanium ordered on 2/14/13?

Order No: 3530

Dealer: F72500

Thanks!

You can chat with Ford, and if a VIN is available they can provide it. Go to the build a Fusion tool and click the small chat icon in the top left corner.

Did you change it to Ruby Red???? :) If you did, it likely went back a couple of weeks.

If not, who knows. My dealer said you can make changes pretty much right up until they issue the VIN, and even then you can make additional changes like you did right up until the body is siting on the line. Not sure how accurate that is. I wouldn't even add floor mats at this point. Like crossing the path of a black cat. hahaha ;)

No window sticker for me yet and my build DAY is supposed to be March 25. I wonder if my day is being pushed back because I changed the color of my car last week-- twice!

Keep checking each day... mine didn't show up until the Friday night prior to the build week.

Gentlemen, and any ladies, I will be leaving your ranks soon. My HyTi order was cancelled today. With any luck I will take delivery of a dealer ordered Fusion Energi in the next few days. The wait since November, continued status of "order processing" and a local dealer getting in a couple Ruby Red Titanium Energis finally pushed me over the edge. I'm having to sacrifice the Adaptive Cruise Control but that is the one thing I added which was pure fluff anyway. Tonight I go get my current car appraised for trade value. May be stopping at CarMax after visiting the dealership! Here's to hoping they'll overlook a couple moderate cosmetic flaws.

I'll post pics and any thoughts after I get the vehicle.

The end is near(er)!

• Like 1

I got my second window sticker today. Why would anyone need a second window sticker? Well, it's a story...

When I decided in January I was ready to order, my nearest dealer would not honor X-Plan pricing for a Fusion Energi. It took calling 3 more dealers before I found one who would, and then only for retail orders. So on February 6th I ordered the precise car I wanted -- Fusion Energi Titanium, ingot silver, moonroof, adaptive cruise, navigation, driver assist. With X-Plan, $105 over dealer invoice! On February 8th, cyberdman said it was "unscheduled clean".

But then the sales rep started to manage my expectations downwards. First he warned that I shouldn't expect the car until April. Then it was April or May, then May. Then he said May or June. I started to think that the dealer had more retail orders than they had allocations, and was trying to see how long I would wait.

And just then my nearest dealer called me and asked if I was still shopping for a Fusion Energi. Only under X-Plan, I said. Hold the phone, she said, and then came back and said the general manager had changed the policy, X-Plan was OK for Energis, and even for dealer stock.

So I found a car in their inventory with all the right options plus one extra -- parking assist -- that was already built and ready to ship. On March 1st I ordered my second Energi, also under X-Plan. On March 4th, cyberdman told me it was "awaiting shipment on ramp 54". And there it has stood. I just checked with @FordService and it is still on ramp 54 in Hermosillo.

I planned to cancel my original order as soon as I placed my second order, but when I got home I realized I didn't necessarily have to, I could just let it ride. And now the original retail order has been scheduled for production, has a window sticker posted, and the sales rep tells me it could be here by the end of April.

So there's a race on. Will the dealer-stock order get on a train and get here before the retail-order car gets built and shipped? Or will the dealer-stock car sit under the Mexican sun for a month? Stay tuned...

• Like 1

Did you change it to Ruby Red???? :) If you did, it likely went back a couple of weeks.

If not, who knows. My dealer said you can make changes pretty much right up until they issue the VIN, and even then you can make additional changes like you did right up until the body is siting on the line. Not sure how accurate that is. I wouldn't even add floor mats at this point. Like crossing the path of a black cat. hahaha ;)

It's always been Ruby Red. Ordered it December last year.

I don't think my spreadsheet is equipped to handle this kind of multi sticker foolery :) LOL

"We're going to need a bigger boat"

It's simple, just give me 2 lines.

What I'm struggling to figure out is how I could put all this into my signature...

Does any one know if Special Orders (retail orders) will show as dealer inventory once the Window Sticker is available? Mine is not showing up yet, but I wanted to see if any of you guys that have ordered retail have seen your cars in your dealer inventory.

Regards,

APM

Edited by apm

My special ordered car (FFH) appeared on their website as in dealer inventory the day the dealer received it. They didn't waist any time as they used the car to entice people to come in to take a look. If someone came and asked about the car the reply was, that car was sold. Two days after I took delivery they took it down.

My special ordered car (FFH) appeared on their website as in dealer inventory the day the dealer received it. They didn't waist any time as they used the car to entice people to come in to take a look. If someone came and asked about the car the reply was, that car was sold. Two days after I took delivery they took it down.

I think maybe it varies by dealership and that they have to manually add a special order to have it show up on their web site -- my order never showed up on my dealer's web site, and another FFH arrived on same truck as mine and had "special order" on the window sticker and that one was not listed on the dealer's site either.