Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Did you change it to Ruby Red???? :) If you did, it likely went back a couple of weeks.

If not, who knows. My dealer said you can make changes pretty much right up until they issue the VIN, and even then you can make additional changes like you did right up until the body is siting on the line. Not sure how accurate that is. I wouldn't even add floor mats at this point. Like crossing the path of a black cat. hahaha ;)

The VIN number is assigned when the order is "Submitted to Plant" for scheduling. Spec changes can be made until about 2 weeks prior to the build date when the order status is "Locked In" for production. As a rule of thumb, every change to the order, once it's scheduled, pushes back the build date a week. In addition, orders scheduled during the 2 month "Balance Out" period are normally "locked in" as soon as the unit is scheduled. Further, not all commodities (options, etc.) may be available for scheduling as scheduling gets closer to the "Job Last" date.

• Like 1

I am guessing my VIN will be a couple weeks at best, since it appears there is a commodity issue with Ruby Red paint. Others who have VINs have had their build dates be pushed back by a couple of weeks.

My order was all set when I made it. No changes in store for me. Simply sitting and waiting now. :)

Yeah, I ordered Ruby Red. Supply issues or quality control?

You guys are awesome, by the way. I would have a hard time finding out all this by myself.

All Ruby Red orders are on commodity constraint until at least the week of April 1. After that, it's a matter of priority and any other constraints. Once you get a VIN, you're in the scheduling process, so you have to keep asking for updates to get your BUILD TO dates (Week, then Day).

Edited by Fastronaut

Does any one know if Special Orders (retail orders) will show as dealer inventory once the Window Sticker is available? Mine is not showing up yet, but I wanted to see if any of you guys that have ordered retail have seen your cars in your dealer inventory.

Regards,

APM

My first order (sticker 9/25/2012 damaged in transit in early October) showed up on the dealer's website as "Dealer ordered" as soon as the VIN was assigned. What's more interesting is that the VIN evidently got "built" a second time (new updated date of 11/8/2012 on the window sticker). I'm still wondering if the first vehicle got scrapped and replaced -- or what.

All Ruby Red orders are on commodity constraint until at least the week of April 1. After that, it's a matter of priority and any other constraints. Once you get a VIN, you're in the scheduling process, so you have to keep asking for updates to get your BUILD TO dates (Week, then Day).

There is NO commodity constraint with Ruby Red. It is available!

FUSION – Commodities will vary by dealer

On March 21 – Scheduling Unscheduled Allocation in Week 12

Ginger Ale paint (JY) will not be selected for scheduling. This paint has balanced out.

Only retail orders with Ruby Red paint (RR) will be eligible to schedule this week.

Fusion Titanium Hybrid orders (P0R), retail or stock, are now eligible for scheduling.

Retail Fusion Energi Scheduling

The Okay to Buy has been achieved for Fusion Energi PHEV orders (P0P or P0S). Retail orders are now

eligible to schedule.

Please consider ordering the optional 18” Gloss Black Aluminum Wheel (64M) when ordering an SE with

205B.

Please note that you must be a certified dealer in order to be eligible to schedule a Fusion Energi PHEV (P0P &

P0S) vehicle. Please contact your zone manager with orders.

REGIONAL CONTROLLED COMMODITIES:

* If underlined, Commodities are allocated by SIMS to the Dealer level

Style 2 Alloy 18 Wheel – D2ULB – (64B) - Optional with 205A or 505A

1.6 PI TC I4 Ethnl – EN-RN – (99R)

2.0L TIVCT GTDI T/C 240PS GAS - EN-R9 – (999)

2.5L DOHC PFI 4 Cyl Gas - EN-S7 – (997)

Gas/Electric Hybrid – GBVAZ - (P0L & P0R)

Hybrid less Tech Pkg – OBD8Y – (P0L w/503A less 14L)

Series 5 – VS-DA – (S Version – P0G)

It is recommended that you only be concerned with the following Plant & Labor or Supplier

constraints if they are showing on your preview reports as a reason for non-selection:

1.6L PI TC I4 ETHNL 180/240 PS - EN-RN – (99R) optional with 203B or optional with 204B or 205B

17x7.5 Alloy Wheel - D2YCE – (64E)

18x8 Polished Alum Wheel - D2UAM - (64M) - Optional with 205B

2.0L 4V DOHC PFI NA I4 GAS/ELEC - EN-UA - (P0L) – (99U) – included with 503A or 504B or 505A

2.0L TIVCT GTDI T/C 240PS GAS - EN-R9 – (999) Optional with 204B or 205B or included with 400A

2.5L DOHC PFI 4 CYL GAS – EN-S7– (997) – Included with 101A or 203B

215/60 R16 95H TYRE – D3JA1 – (T7A)

215/60 R16 95V TYRE – D3JAX – (T7B)

235/40 R19 96Y – D3IBZ – (T7Q)

235/40 R19 DESIGN 2 – D3ICY – (T7R)

235/45R18 98Y – D3HD7 – (T7K)

235/50R17 - D3KDE - (T7G)

235/50R17 96W – D3KDF – (T7H)

6.5x 16 Steel Road Wheels – D2XAD – (64C) Std on S Series

8 X 19 Performance Wheels – D2VA3 – (643)

Adaptive Speed control – GTDAC – (53B) Optional with 205B or 400A or 503A or 504B or 505A

All 4 Wheel Drive - DR-- 4 – (P0D)

All Gas – OBFHF – (99R or 999 or 997)

Automated Parking System - HNSAB – (18C) – Optional with 205B or 400A or 505A

Collision Mitigation System – FBFAB – Included with Adaptive Cruise Control on all versions except “S”

Elect St Adjuster-DRV W/MEM – BYPBC – Standard on P0R or P0D or P0K or P0P or P0S and Standard

on 205B and 505A

Gas/Electric Hybrid – GBVAZ (P0L & P0R)

Ginger Ale Paint – PNAAP – (JY) – Balanced Out

KPH/MPH SPEEDOMETER - HDHAC – (92H)

Lane Keeping Aid - HLNAB – (59C)

P225/50R 17 – D3KDK – (T7M)

P225/50VR 17 – D3KGP – (T7T)

P235/45 R18 – D3HDD – (T7J)

PLUG-IN HYBRID VERSION - VS-HI – (P0P – SE PHEV FWD)

POWER 10-WAY DRIV SEAT ADJUST – BYPAM – Included on P0H with 205B or P0L with 505A or

available with P0K or P0D

Power Tilt/Slide Sun Roof - CHAAL - (13B) - Optional on P0H with 203B or 204B or 205B or P0D or

P0K Optional on 400A or P0L Optional on 503A or 504B or 505A Rapid Spec.)

SE Base Gas/HEV/SE App – OBFGZ – 203B or 204B or 503A or 504B

SE Lux/SE HEV/PHEV/Titan - OBFG0 – Standard on 205B or 505A or 900A or 400A

SERIES 5 – VS-DA – (P0G – S Series)

SERIES 10 – VS-DB – (P0H or P0T – SE Series)

SERIES 20 – VS-DD – (P0D or P0K – Titanium Series)

SERIES 25 – VS-DE – (P0L – Hybrid Series)

SERIES 50 – VS-DJ – (P0R – Titanium Hybrid Series)

SERIES 55 – VS-DK – (P0S - Titanium PHEV Series)

Starter - Stop/Start System - DECAU - (47B) - Optional with 203B or 205B

Style 1 Alloy 18 Wheel – D2UL9 – (649)

Style 2 Alloy 18 Wheel – D2ULB – (64B) - Optional with 205B or 505A

Style 3 Alloy 18 Wheel – D2ULD – (64V)

Style 3 Alloy 8J x 19 Inch - D2VLA – (64W) – Optional with 400A

White Platinum - PN3KP - (UG)

• Like 3

Model: Oxford White 2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium
Date Ordered: 12/08/2012

JOB: ?
Promised Delivery time: none

VIN Available: 3/13/13 is when I got an email from my dealer (3FA6P0RU2DR282228)
Window Sticker Available: YES
Scheduled Build Week: March 25th
Scheduled Build Date: TBD
Actual Build Date: TBD
Released from Factory for Shipping: TBD
Rail car ID available: TBD
Estimated Delivery Date: mid-April
Estimated Delivery Date:
Actual Delivery Date: TBD
State: CA

• Like 1

There is NO commodity constraint with Ruby Red. It is available!

FUSION – Commodities will vary by dealer

On March 21 – Scheduling Unscheduled Allocation in Week 12

Ginger Ale paint (JY) will not be selected for scheduling. This paint has balanced out.

Only retail orders with Ruby Red paint (RR) will be eligible to schedule this week.

Fusion Titanium Hybrid orders (P0R), retail or stock, are now eligible for scheduling.

Retail Fusion Energi Scheduling

The Okay to Buy has been achieved for Fusion Energi PHEV orders (P0P or P0S). Retail orders are now

eligible to schedule.

Please consider ordering the optional 18” Gloss Black Aluminum Wheel (64M) when ordering an SE with

205B.

Please note that you must be a certified dealer in order to be eligible to schedule a Fusion Energi PHEV (P0P &

P0S) vehicle. Please contact your zone manager with orders.

REGIONAL CONTROLLED COMMODITIES:

* If underlined, Commodities are allocated by SIMS to the Dealer level

Style 2 Alloy 18 Wheel – D2ULB – (64B) - Optional with 205A or 505A

1.6 PI TC I4 Ethnl – EN-RN – (99R)

2.0L TIVCT GTDI T/C 240PS GAS - EN-R9 – (999)

2.5L DOHC PFI 4 Cyl Gas - EN-S7 – (997)

Gas/Electric Hybrid – GBVAZ - (P0L & P0R)

Series 5 – VS-DA – (S Version – P0G)

It is recommended that you only be concerned with the following Plant & Labor or Supplier

constraints if they are showing on your preview reports as a reason for non-selection:

1.6L PI TC I4 ETHNL 180/240 PS - EN-RN – (99R) optional with 203B or optional with 204B or 205B

17x7.5 Alloy Wheel - D2YCE – (64E)

18x8 Polished Alum Wheel - D2UAM - (64M) - Optional with 205B

2.0L 4V DOHC PFI NA I4 GAS/ELEC - EN-UA - (P0L) – (99U) – included with 503A or 504B or 505A

2.0L TIVCT GTDI T/C 240PS GAS - EN-R9 – (999) Optional with 204B or 205B or included with 400A

2.5L DOHC PFI 4 CYL GAS – EN-S7– (997) – Included with 101A or 203B

215/60 R16 95H TYRE – D3JA1 – (T7A)

215/60 R16 95V TYRE – D3JAX – (T7B)

235/40 R19 96Y – D3IBZ – (T7Q)

235/40 R19 DESIGN 2 – D3ICY – (T7R)

235/45R18 98Y – D3HD7 – (T7K)

235/50R17 - D3KDE - (T7G)

235/50R17 96W – D3KDF – (T7H)

6.5x 16 Steel Road Wheels – D2XAD – (64C) Std on S Series

8 X 19 Performance Wheels – D2VA3 – (643)

Adaptive Speed control – GTDAC – (53B) Optional with 205B or 400A or 503A or 504B or 505A

All 4 Wheel Drive - DR-- 4 – (P0D)

All Gas – OBFHF – (99R or 999 or 997)

Automated Parking System - HNSAB – (18C) – Optional with 205B or 400A or 505A

Collision Mitigation System – FBFAB – Included with Adaptive Cruise Control on all versions except “S”

Elect St Adjuster-DRV W/MEM – BYPBC – Standard on P0R or P0D or P0K or P0P or P0S and Standard

on 205B and 505A

Gas/Electric Hybrid – GBVAZ (P0L & P0R)

Ginger Ale Paint – PNAAP – (JY) – Balanced Out

KPH/MPH SPEEDOMETER - HDHAC – (92H)

Lane Keeping Aid - HLNAB – (59C)

P225/50R 17 – D3KDK – (T7M)

P225/50VR 17 – D3KGP – (T7T)

P235/45 R18 – D3HDD – (T7J)

PLUG-IN HYBRID VERSION - VS-HI – (P0P – SE PHEV FWD)

POWER 10-WAY DRIV SEAT ADJUST – BYPAM – Included on P0H with 205B or P0L with 505A or

available with P0K or P0D

Power Tilt/Slide Sun Roof - CHAAL - (13B) - Optional on P0H with 203B or 204B or 205B or P0D or

P0K Optional on 400A or P0L Optional on 503A or 504B or 505A Rapid Spec.)

SE Base Gas/HEV/SE App – OBFGZ – 203B or 204B or 503A or 504B

SE Lux/SE HEV/PHEV/Titan - OBFG0 – Standard on 205B or 505A or 900A or 400A

SERIES 5 – VS-DA – (P0G – S Series)

SERIES 10 – VS-DB – (P0H or P0T – SE Series)

SERIES 20 – VS-DD – (P0D or P0K – Titanium Series)

SERIES 25 – VS-DE – (P0L – Hybrid Series)

SERIES 50 – VS-DJ – (P0R – Titanium Hybrid Series)

SERIES 55 – VS-DK – (P0S - Titanium PHEV Series)

Starter - Stop/Start System - DECAU - (47B) - Optional with 203B or 205B

Style 1 Alloy 18 Wheel – D2UL9 – (649)

Style 2 Alloy 18 Wheel – D2ULB – (64B) - Optional with 205B or 505A

Style 3 Alloy 18 Wheel – D2ULD – (64V)

Style 3 Alloy 8J x 19 Inch - D2VLA – (64W) – Optional with 400A

White Platinum - PN3KP - (UG)

I'm sure LIKIN' this.

• Like 2

I'm sure LIKIN' this.

As am I!!

Here is a question for ice-capades.... Will a vehicle show "Unscheduled - Clean" even if there were an active commodity issue, or would it show some other status, like "Unschedulded - Commodity Hold" or something like that?

Model: Oxford White 2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Date Ordered: 12/08/2012

JOB: ?

Promised Delivery time: none

VIN Available: 3/13/13 is when I got an email from my dealer (3FA6P0RU2DR282228)

Window Sticker Available: YES

Scheduled Build Week: March 25th

Scheduled Build Date: TBD

Actual Build Date: TBD

Released from Factory for Shipping: TBD

Rail car ID available: TBD

Estimated Delivery Date: mid-April

Estimated Delivery Date:

Actual Delivery Date: TBD

State: CA

Added MScott, welcome aboard :)

One one hand they are trying to say that the cars are in high demand so they can sell them at MSRP, but on the other hand they are turning people away from it... If I had not known as much as I know about the car, I probably would have walked away thinking that this was not a car but a toy.

Regards,

APM

So much for selling at MSRP or higher! They are already discounting the Energi... and this is the only one they have received so far!

http://metroford.dealerconnection.com/Miami-Ft-Lauderdale/For-Sale/New/Ford/Fusion/2013-Titanium-Energi-White-Car/16258919/

The price being offered is almost as good as the X-Plan price... only difference is that they can charge $599 dealer fee instead of $100 on the X-Plan.

Regards,

APM

As am I!!

Here is a question for ice-capades.... Will a vehicle show "Unscheduled - Clean" even if there were an active commodity issue, or would it show some other status, like "Unschedulded - Commodity Hold" or something like that?

The regular status reports will report "Unscheduled/Clean" as long as it's a clean, buildable order. This has nothing to do with the weekly commodity restraints.

However, on a weekly basis Dealers have access to both SIMS (Smart Inventory Management System) and the AM Preview Report which is issued on both Tuesday and Wednesday mornings to give Dealers information on the vehicles that are "flagged" for scheduling on Thursday morning which is when most scheduling is done. The AM Preview Report also includes information on all vehicles that will not be selected for scheduling that week along with all the reasons why.

Until further notice, rail cars are on commodity constraint :)

Sorry, just couldn't resist. Here is the actual notice from March 7th.

3/7/13

Shortage of Railcars (US and Canada)

Ford reports that railways are currently experiencing a shortage of railcars in the US and in Canada. This shortage is due to an industry wide seasonal peak in volume and is not expected to last beyond mid-April. Ford also states that they are monitoring the situation and will work to minimize any shipping delays.

Edited by Fastronaut

I've requested status from my salesman and from FordService and both reply with something like this... "Ur order has been submitted to an assembly plant & is awaiting production". Can someone help me read into this a little? Does it mean the build is imminent (within the next 7 days) or is this just a generic response that could mean almost anything?

I've requested status from my salesman and from FordService and both reply with something like this... "Ur order has been submitted to an assembly plant & is awaiting production". Can someone help me read into this a little? Does it mean the build is imminent (within the next 7 days) or is this just a generic response that could mean almost anything?

Your signature says that you have the VIN but not the window sticker.

You didn't supply your VIN so I can't see if your window sticker is available.

If the estimated build date in your signature is accurate the window sticker should be available.

The dates usually given are build week first followed later by build day.

Well that's a good sign -- the question is.... is the color noted on the sticker the one you finally decided on?

Sadly no, the color on the sticker is platinum white. I had finally decided on sterling gray so now I have 2 options. 1) take the platinum white when it comes in or 2) order a new one in sterling gray and waitttttt....... :waiting: Although I am working with a Ford regional customer svc mgr and he may be able to make my order a priority 01, which should speed things up. I am leaning heavily toward placing the new order. I'm hopeful that HyTi orders are moving faster now. Or am I fooling myself??

Murphy, Could you see if a window sticker is available on this vin

3FA6P0RU0DR288898

It's not available yet.

Click this link to check for it yourself.

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=3FA6P0RU0DR288898

That tells me that the date in your signature is the build week, not the build day.

I would expect your sticker to show up either tomorrow or Saturday.

Typically, but not always, the sticker is available 7 days before the build day.

• Like 1