Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Taylor JD should get his car this week. So....

Unless someone objects, or wants to do the spreadsheet, I will take it over.

I already have the share setup, and a copy of the spreadsheet.

Once JD hands over the "wand" then I will put the share in my signature.

Once I have my car... :) then someone else can take it over.

I sent you a message, we'll start the hand off. I am so happy to see this continue. You may want to add a new column, one for ETA Date and make the other Actual Date, but that will be up to you.

So you thinking maybe put in one for tomorrow? My salesman has been great also, so I always have a Friday backup I guess.

My car showed up on ETIS a day after it was built. That evening I put in my request to cyberdman and early the next morning I got the update with rail car information. It worked well for me.

• Like 1

Well folks after the long wait we finally got her home. First impressions, the Deep Impact Blue rocks...(Neod192, your going to like it). It will take a bit to sift thru all the techno, especially explaining it to my wife. The ride is incredible. I have been driving Escapes for the last 11 years and it is quite different. It will take a while to get use to dragging my ass on the ground. Very comfortable inside even for a six footer like myself. Got to do some more reading. BTW, the Sony system is sweet, loaded some John Hiatt Walk On and it was nice. Will provide more observations after I get a few days under my belt.

• Like 4

JD,

Here you go. I got it from here. Make sure I don't screw up !!!! lol

I sent you a few suggestions, (like please sort by "VIN Sequence" rather then "VIN #"), but I am turning it over to you. Thank you so much for continuing the Spreadsheet, I think it is useful to see hope we all stack up :). Have Fun!

In other words, the Mondeo has a number of attractive features the 2013 Ford Fusion doens't have...and may not get ever...and if the Fusion does get these features who knows when and how they will be introduced on the North American Fusion. Just because the 2014 Mondeo has features like ... LED headlights ...

OK, all understood. But can we somehow take advantage of the fact that these 2 cars are so similar? What I mean is, could someone go over to Europe, order a pair of LED headlights for a Mondeo, ship them back to the US, and have them installed on a Fusion? Would they just fit automatically?

OK, all understood. But can we somehow take advantage of the fact that these 2 cars are so similar? What I mean is, could someone go over to Europe, order a pair of LED headlights for a Mondeo, ship them back to the US, and have them installed on a Fusion? Would they just fit automatically?

Bet they would :). I did something like that on my Yamaha TMAX 500. It had dumb looking US turn signals, which I swapped for EU turn signals that I bought from someone who got them in France. post-49063-0-49875200-1364957304_thumb.jpg

US on the left and EU on the right (picture done halfway through the change)

• Like 1

That's a very good summary about Ford brand product feature methodology. I read the original post as, these features are out in the wild on the Fusion platform, so they *could* be coming in 2014, e.g. it is possible from a practical / logistics standpoint. But as you rightly pointed out, they may not be coming because of product management decisions..

Another item on this, especially on the headlamp issue / desire. Keep in mind that essentially the entire world EXCEPT North America has uniform vehicle standards that they adopt from the EU. For the most part, these standards are similar to the US standards. Some notable and very distinct differences are in lighting and pedestrian crash injury reduction. The US and Canada have their own regulations, and Canada is more open to accepting EU standards by default than the US is. (If you search these forums, you will find some links to some very interesting websites that go into detail on these items)

Particularly with LED headlamps, there is a significant and known problem with them generating enough heat out to the lens cover to keep snow and ice clear. HID and Halogen generate more than enough, and the manufacturers who are deploying them have had to resort to heating devices of some sort to allow for this. Headlamp mindset is very different in the US, with a lot of attention being given to the vocal people (there is a shock) complaining about glare, color, etc., to the point where the manufacturers do not in any way agree on items, which, in turn, slows down the US approval of new designs. Something so simple as DRL, which I am a huge proponent of, can't get a consensus in the US, and subsequently their haphazard deployment. GM, who notoriously has had DRL standard for many years, is apparently rethinking that strategy.

When Ford and others are building cars, especially for Europe, remember who they are competing against. You have to have items like these as standard or inexpensive options to compete with the Mercedes/Volkswagen/BMW machines.

APM / Murphy62 Done :)

btw, Murphy do you happen to know the actual build day?

Looks like my ETA is 4/10 (Update please Malibu3105 :)) . Via Cyberdman "In Transit - Passing (Csx Transportation ) Walbridge, OH Apr-02-2013, 22:38 ET. ETA Apr-10-2013."

It's been in Walbrige for the last two days (got there on April 1 at 4:45 am). Hope it is moving now. At least I have a day ETA.

Edited by taylorjd
  • Like 1

It's moving again! After saying "Arrived at Walbridge, OH April 1 at 8:58 am" for the last two days, it now says "Departed Walbridge, OH April 02 at 22:38 ET-02-2013, 22:38 pm for Jessup, Maryland"

That's only 20-25 minutes from me. Exactly where I showed you. It's a huge lot with lots of cars sitting in it all the time. You can easily drive by it.

• Like 1

It's moving again!

ter saying "Arrived at Walbridge, OH April 1 at 8:58 am" for the last two days, it now says "Departed Walbridge, OH April 02 at 22:38 ET-02-2013, 22:38 pm for Jessup, Maryland"

My rail Car shot up to Lansing, MI.

I assume my Energi is still on the same rail car

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....I wish I had been able to get my rail car number...I know my car is close, but not exactly sure where it is. Last I found out from Cyberdman was Sunday, March 31 in Shreveport, LA at 6pm. I'm assuming it's heading to Jacksonville, but don't even know that for sure. Asked dealer for a Vehicle Visibility report and got the "HUH?" answer many have given. I would like to get more information, but it will get here when it gets here....not worried enough to push at the dealership to get Sales Manager or whomever the person is that can do that involved. Thought that was my salesman's job and I'll mention it on the review I give the dealership when the time comes. Other than that they have been fantastic!!!! :-)

You may be able to do the Mondeo/Fusion headlight magic trick swap..but keep in mind that whole Amber turn signal thing manufacturers have to abide by for vehicles sold in the US. They don't have that in Europe...so notice how the Mondeo LED headlights do not have the Amber/orange turn indicators on them...so now instead of an easy pull out and swap entire light housings you'll have to make a more intricate modifying process to use your housing and their bulbs....but with the whole heat issue your housing may not be compatible with their bulbs...or at least if you see burns or discoloration in the future you'll know :P ....

anyhooo...what do i know? lol...we need some guinea pigs that care enough to order europe mondeo lights and put them on their american fusions to test it for the rest of us :)

Edited by Powered By Fusion