Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Taylor JD should get his car this week. So....

Unless someone objects, or wants to do the spreadsheet, I will take it over.

I already have the share setup, and a copy of the spreadsheet.

Once JD hands over the "wand" then I will put the share in my signature.

Once I have my car... :) then someone else can take it over.

• Like 4

I got that message early on. I believe it means the railcar has been uncoupled and left at the destination yard. There should be a follow-up message, where the rail car weight is zero, meaning it has been unloaded.

Thanks. CSX never had any weight info on my railcar, so I can't use that to find out when it's been unloaded. I'm waiting for the follow-up status :)

The dealer said it was delayed a week. I'm in the Los Angeles area, and I believe they use a truck auto transporter to ship from Phoenix to LA, so I'm at the mercy of available transporters. It looks like the April rebates are similar to March, so I'm not that bothered.

Is this true for San Francisco as well? My FFE was built on 3/25 and as of yesterday, is at Yuma, AZ. So I guess they're not unloaded at Phoenix, since it took a left at Tucson.

Here is my vehicle status thread

I've searched on here but can't figure out how to track the railcar.

My dealer won't "lock in" any rebates. They say I'll get what's available when I pick up the car. I'm also glad the $500 is the same, but I wished it was higher due to the 2014 model years coming out soon!

My dealer told me the same thing. I'm not seeing incentives other than the 0% APR on the Ford website. It says to contact your local dealer.

Being in Texas hasn't help me so far... 12 weeks in unscheduled clean status for my Energi (as of 3-APR-13). Neither Ford or the dealer has any explanation for the lack of allocation. In theory, Leif Johnson is a large dealer in central Texas. It isn't anything special [P0S, 800A, 53B, 60N, 13B in lovely J4], but I wiat hoping Ford catches up to the orders.

On the upside I'm less likely to have the car sit in a lot waiting for a RR car, headliner, headlights, but I'm sure it will be somethign once the start, just my luck.

For those waiting for MY14, this may be an indicator of what's to come (Yes, LED lights):

http://fusionecoboostowners.com/topic/335-ford-introduces-15l-ecoboost-for-mondeo/

That is the 2014 Ford Mondeo and it is a DIFFERENT vehicle to the Fusion. The Fusion has always been the North American vehicle counterpart with the Mondeo being the European counterpart but in the past they have been very much different vehicles...until now. With the One Ford objective the two cars are much more closely linked and related so features may be shared between them, but not necessarily seen on both.

In other words, the Mondeo has a number of attractive features the 2013 Ford Fusion doens't have...and may not get ever...and if the Fusion does get these features who knows when and how they will be introduced on the North American Fusion. Just because the 2014 Mondeo has features like perpendicular park assist (north america just gets parallel), panoramic sunroof (north america this is on the lincoln), and LED headlights (once again on lincoln in north america) doesn't mean the Fusion will get them. A lot of those features are class exclusive or vehicle exclusive so those Mondeo features may make their way to the Ford Taurus or Lincoln models and never make it to the Fusion.

So don't look at the Mondeo and think whatever it has will come to the Fusion because they are two different cars in two different territories. Furthermore Ford Europe gives customers more feature offerings because they sale features a lot differently than here in America. Here in america it's all about keeping the price of a midsize car in a certain range and this impedes what the car could come with here in America. Also, Americans like simplicity so features are offered mostly in packages with only a handful that are standalone for which you can add to your vehicle. In europe most features are individually sold so you have the complete freedom to make your vehicle as expensive (and so as feature rich) as you like. We don't get that freedom here because - well you have seen it here for yourself, people opt out on sunroof and park assist and navigation just because it makes the car too expensive or don't want it...so why on earth would they offer panaramic sunroof thats even more expensive to americans in the midsize segment fusion when they can offer it on a lincoln mkz for those who already are planning on spending more money for their car.

Anyway....all you can do is dream and hope if you're waiting for the 2014...once ford announces features then you'll know.

• Like 1

That is the 2014 Ford Mondeo and it is a DIFFERENT vehicle to the Fusion. The Fusion has always been the North American vehicle counterpart with the Mondeo being the European counterpart but in the past they have been very much different vehicles...until now. With the One Ford objective the two cars are much more closely linked and related so features may be shared between them, but not necessarily seen on both.
[...]

That's a very good summary about Ford brand product feature methodology. I read the original post as, these features are out in the wild on the Fusion platform, so they *could* be coming in 2014, e.g. it is possible from a practical / logistics standpoint. But as you rightly pointed out, they may not be coming because of product management decisions..

Edited by TechOps

Question:... I got the order number for my car, but not the dealer code.

I took a couple pics of windows stickers at the dealer, does it have the dealer code on it somewhere?

Maybe I can cheat and get it off that?... My dealer did say my VIN wasn't there today, and that he would let me know when it was. So I can wait. But then, who likes to wait? :)

Feel bad for you Ruby Red folk. Gotta pain you some to see those that ordered Jan and later get their cars while you plug away with Cyberdman (bless his Soup Nazi goodness).

Here is to hoping your build to dealer time is as short as possible.

• Like 1

I just got a build confirmation on ETIS, and was wondering if theres a way other than cyberdman or dealer to get info. I am wanting to wait till Friday to get a report from cyberdman, as I don't want to waste my post. If it was built on Monday 4/1, when would be best to get an update, with possibly a railcar number?

I just got a build confirmation on ETIS, and was wondering if theres a way other than cyberdman or dealer to get info. I am wanting to wait till Friday to get a report from cyberdman, as I don't want to waste my post. If it was built on Monday 4/1, when would be best to get an update, with possibly a railcar number?

You can try to go to the Ford build & price and open chat window on top left... then tell them you believe your car has been built and ask them to see if VIN 3FA6xxxx has a rail car assignment... don't know if they will be able to see it, or if they will provide the info, but it's worth a try.

In other words, the Mondeo has a number of attractive features the 2013 Ford Fusion doens't have...and may not get ever...and if the Fusion does get these features who knows when and how they will be introduced on the North American Fusion. Just because the 2014 Mondeo has features like perpendicular park assist (north america just gets parallel), panoramic sunroof (north america this is on the lincoln), and LED headlights (once again on lincoln in north america) doesn't mean the Fusion will get them. A lot of those features are class exclusive or vehicle exclusive so those Mondeo features may make their way to the Ford Taurus or Lincoln models and never make it to the Fusion.

So don't look at the Mondeo and think whatever it has will come to the Fusion because they are two different cars in two different territories. Furthermore Ford Europe gives customers more feature offerings because they sale features a lot differently than here in America. Here in america it's all about keeping the price of a midsize car in a certain range and this impedes what the car could come with here in America. Also, Americans like simplicity so features are offered mostly in packages with only a handful that are standalone for which you can add to your vehicle. In europe most features are individually sold so you have the complete freedom to make your vehicle as expensive (and so as feature rich) as you like. We don't get that freedom here because - well you have seen it here for yourself, people opt out on sunroof and park assist and navigation just because it makes the car too expensive or don't want it...so why on earth would they offer panaramic sunroof thats even more expensive to americans in the midsize segment fusion when they can offer it on a lincoln mkz for those who already are planning on spending more money for their car.

Anyway....all you can do is dream and hope if you're waiting for the 2014...once ford announces features then you'll know.

Appreciate the comments. Should be interesting.

Feel bad for you Ruby Red folk. Gotta pain you some to see those that ordered Jan and later get their cars while you plug away with Cyberdman (bless his Soup Nazi goodness).

Here is to hoping your build to dealer time is as short as possible.

Like a fine wine, Ruby Red takes time :)
  • Like 1

May be a dumb question.. What is ETIS, and how are you getting updates from it?

It's not for updates. It's a website that shows the day your car is built - but it usually shows it a day AFTER your car has finished production and is built...so its a good tool for verifying if your car has been built yet if you have a build week of March 31st for example and know your car will be built some day that week. You can go to FordEtis website and check back everyday and see if the build day shows up when you put in your VIN. If it hasnt then your car is either still in production on the line or hasnt started yet. If it does show it then it means your car finished production and was built yesterday (the day before). Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1

I would put in a request to cyberdman a day or two after the car is built. That way you stand a good chance of getting rail information.

I think I did the day after getting confirmation.

I went to ETIS for an update just to see. My born on date isn't expected until 4/15. Look at the build date it suggested, anyone else have this and can help me make sense of it?

Primary Features.

Build Date: 30.11.0002.

Vehicle Line: Transit Connect 2002-.

Engine: 2.0 4V DOHC PFI Gas/Electric.

Transmission: ECVT Auto Trans Power Split.

My Fusion was built on 3/27, put on a train from Hermosillo on 3/28 and arrived at Herington, KS on 3/31 (via Union Pacific). That is really moving.

I suspect it is awaiting transfer to another rail line from there to go to Twin Oaks, PA. ETA is 4/15, but based upon others with similar destinations, I'm expecting (actually "hoping") it to arrive by 4/12.

I went to ETIS for an update just to see. My born on date isn't expected until 4/15. Look at the build date it suggested, anyone else have this and can help me make sense of it? Primary Features. Build Date: 30.11.0002. Vehicle Line: Transit Connect 2002-. Engine: 2.0 4V DOHC PFI Gas/Electric. Transmission: ECVT Auto Trans Power Split.

Build Date: 30.11.0002 Means no build date assigned yet. If it was it would have a date like 01.04.2013 (or April 1, 2013)

The Vehicle Line: Transit Connect 2002 is because it is a Europe systems that does not have the Fusion, so it is a default.

I went to ETIS for an update just to see. My born on date isn't expected until 4/15. Look at the build date it suggested, anyone else have this and can help me make sense of it?Primary Features.Build Date: 30.11.0002.Vehicle Line: Transit Connect 2002-.Engine: 2.0 4V DOHC PFI Gas/Electric.Transmission: ECVT Auto Trans Power Split.

It's been explained a few times, even in this thread. Try the search function :-)