Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Could someone define "Okay to Buy" for me again. I've lost the meaning.

It means there have been 5 consecutive days of production without any problems being discovered, and it is now okay for customers to buy the cars and start shipments to dealers.

It means there have been 5 consecutive days of production without any problems being discovered, and it is now okay for customers to buy the cars and start shipments to dealers.

Thank you. Seems like a rather lofty goal. Sure hope their up to it, I'd like to get my car soon. It's one thing to not know when your car will be produced (bad) but it's even more painful to know your car is built and is just sitting around waiting for the sun and stars to align just right before it is shipped.

In case some of you don't read all the FB Fusion posts, Trina just posted this today:

Jeff gave her the VIN for the ONE HyTy and a few EnergiTy, so she's looking at those too. Looks like we're in for a looonggggg wait :(

Now that's just upsetting. So much for "Early" 2013.

I can't imagine why the Hybrid Titaniums would have a harder time recieving the "Okay to Buy" then the Energis. They already make Titaniums, and they already make Hybrids. The Energi is the newbie. I feel like Ford could have the Hybrid Titaniums in production tomorrow, but are probably pushing them aside to get the Energis out. The Energis being the newest and best to complete with other Plug-ins. We get to be Red-Headed Stepchilds having to wait until everyone else gets their cake.

• Like 1

I can't imagine why the Hybrid Titaniums would have a harder time recieving the "Okay to Buy" then the Energis. They already make Titaniums, and they already make Hybrids. The Energi is the newbie. I feel like Ford could have the Hybrid Titaniums in production tomorrow, but are probably pushing them aside to get the Energis out. The Energis being the newest and best to complete with other Plug-ins. We get to be Red-Headed Stepchilds having to wait until everyone else gets their cake.

Agree. This is one thing that really helped me change my mind about the Titanium. Not only were they not coming out with all the features we'd initially expected, but it seemed to me that they were being pushed back to get the Energis out there ONLY because they are less profitable for Ford. That leaves a lot of customers hanging for no good reason. If I had wanted to wait until mid-year I would have thought about ordering a 2014 instead.

but it seemed to me that they were being pushed back to get the Energis out there

Not only to get the Energi out there, but there are also standing orders for the MKZ that need to be filled, so lots of competition for the one production line I guess... I don't know if the Energi is more profitable, but if so then maybe the same goes for the MKZ, and thus the Titanium Hybrid were pushed back a bit?

It's only a week later. Their estimates are getting better! :(

True, they keep pushing it out but shortening the timeframe! At this rate, next week they'll only push it out 3-4 days, then 2-3 and eventually we'll get one scheduled. Then we'll go through what Energi owners are going through now, last one I saw was getting shipped off site for QA.

I applaud Ford for making sure quality is top notch but I really want to sit in my car... :-( Then again, I'd rather my car function properly and get good MPG rather than some of the stories we've heard.

I think maybe we should step back and let the pros do what they do! That way they're not rushing out a subpar product and make us (the consumer) suffer through recall after recall...

Ford has been doing a pretty good job as of late versus the competition! Go Ford!!!

True, they keep pushing it out but shortening the timeframe! At this rate, next week they'll only push it out 3-4 days, then 2-3 and eventually we'll get one scheduled. Then we'll go through what Energi owners are going through now, last one I saw was getting shipped off site for QA.

I applaud Ford for making sure quality is top notch but I really want to sit in my car... :-( Then again, I'd rather my car function properly and get good MPG rather than some of the stories we've heard.

I think maybe we should step back and let the pros do what they do! That way they're not rushing out a subpar product and make us (the consumer) suffer through recall after recall...

Ford has been doing a pretty good job as of late versus the competition! Go Ford!!!

Agree, but the wait is sooooooo tough! Are we there yet?

Here is my take on all of this:

I think what is happening here, is the ones we are seeing as Built are for Dealer Stock to give them a car or two to show and demo. So they made a number of these Energis and now they are making a number of Hybrid Titaniums (a few Dealer ones, maybe Job #1), then they are going back to make more customer and dealer Energis (maybe Job #2) and those will be coming in mid March and the rest of the Hybrid Titaniums after that (April).

That's my take anyway.

I'm a GM of a Ford Dealer so maybe this info will help:

Ford gave specific allocation to electrified Dealers for CMax Energi, Focus Electric and Fusion Energi. It would not have mattered if they were for Stock or for Retail orders. Currently, every single Fusion Energi that has been produced is in "plant" status, which means Ford has not shipped one yet.

This is speculation, but I have seen this before. I'm pretty sure Ford will not start shipping until supply is high enough per Region to distribute enough units. Hopefully this will be pretty soon, because I am showing 100's that are built and ready to be shipped.

Hold-ups for shipping may include a Quality Control issue also, which was seen on job #1 Fusions and Escapes.

I notice some comments that some were getting shipped off site. This is not true for the Energi, only the Hybrid.

• Like 4

Ford gave specific allocation to electrified Dealers for CMax Energi, Focus Electric and Fusion Energi. It would not have mattered if they were for Stock or for Retail orders. Currently, every single Fusion Energi that has been produced is in "plant" status, which means Ford has not shipped one yet.

This is speculation, but I have seen this before. I'm pretty sure Ford will not start shipping until supply is high enough per Region to distribute enough units. Hopefully this will be pretty soon, because I am showing 100's that are built and ready to be shipped.

Hold-ups for shipping may include a Quality Control issue also, which was seen on job #1 Fusions and Escapes.

I notice some comments that some were getting shipped off site. This is not true for the Energi, only the Hybrid.

Thanks for the valuable insight.

My Rep told me Hybrid Ti's are a no go right now. It looks like a few made it through through, and are in transit to Dealers. But not many, for instance in our entire zone I only show 1.

Thanks so much for the insider's info :) Any idea what's causing the delays?

Another thing I noticed, is some dealers have tentative scheduling and production dates for the Hybrid Ti's, but my dealer just knows it's on hold. I'm pretty sure they would've given me some dates if they had them; with this many delays they won't gain anything by withholding them. Any idea why different dealers get different info?

Thanks so much for the insider's info :) Any idea what's causing the delays?

Another thing I noticed, is some dealers have tentative scheduling and production dates for the Hybrid Ti's, but my dealer just knows it's on hold. I'm pretty sure they would've given me some dates if they had them; with this many delays they won't gain anything by withholding them. Any idea why different dealers get different info?

I think the different info is due to some Dealers making up things. The fact is, Ford would never tell anyone why something is held up. Nearly 99% of the time it's parts. Part suppliers just can't keep up with the demand. Ford doesn't warehouse parts anymore, so when the parts show up, they go straight to the line and onto cars. If the parts don't show, and its an easy part, they still build the car without the part, park the car and wait for a surplus to finish. This stinks because while the cars that are missing the part wait for surplus, Ford won't stop the assembly line, and new parts show up and go directly to the assembly line. The cars that were built first missing the parts don't get shipped, while later builds do. This is what caused all the mad customers with the Fusion Hybrid.

I would assume Ford is using Titanium parts for the Energi builds right now, since they are being built.

• Like 2

I think the different info is due to some Dealers making up things. The fact is, Ford would never tell anyone why something is held up. Nearly 99% of the time it's parts. Part suppliers just can't keep up with the demand. Ford doesn't warehouse parts anymore, so when the parts show up, they go straight to the line and onto cars. If the parts don't show, and its an easy part, they still build the car without the part, park the car and wait for a surplus to finish. This stinks because while the cars that are missing the part wait for surplus, Ford won't stop the assembly line, and new parts show up and go directly to the assembly line. The cars that were built first missing the parts don't get shipped, while later builds do. This is what caused all the mad customers with the Fusion Hybrid.

I would assume Ford is using Titanium parts for the Energi builds right now, since they are being built.

Makes a lot is sense. Thanks for sharing such valuable insight from the real world perspective.

My Titanium Energi was shipped offsite on 2/14, per cyberdman on that date. Does that mean for storage while awaiting shipment or waiting for enough per Region, as you state? Speculation I'm sure.

Edited by pluggedin

My Titanium Energi was shipped offsite on 2/14, per cyberdman on that date. Does that mean for storage while awaiting shipment or waiting for enough per Region, as you state? Speculation I'm sure.

When I search nationwide for Fusion Energi Ti's, 100% show "in plant". None show "in transit"

So i'm not sure who told you yours was shipped offsite but this seems to be incorrect. However, in vehicle visibility your dealer may be seeing something different.

Edited by fusionfan11

When I search nationwide for Fusion Energi Ti's, 100% show "in plant". None show "in transit"

So i'm not sure who told you yours was shipped offsite but this seems to be incorrect. However, in vehicle visibility your dealer may be seeing something different.

The information came from a Ford plant employee, cyberdman. See his answer to my post here: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52699-2013-titanium-fusion-energi/. Also see my signature below...just added it.

• Like 1

Hi Fusionfan11,

I ordered a Fusion Energi Titanium (X-Plan) from a dealer in Miami, FL. At the time I placed the order I was not aware they had any Energi's on order, but a couple of days later Energi's started showing up in their inventory. Currently they have 3 Energi Titaniums on order, and none of those is the one I ordered. Etis shows that two of them have been built and it is still not built.

How does allocation work? Do I stand a chance of mine being built any time soon since they already have 3 on order? I haven't seen any other dealer in the area with more than one Fusion Energi on order.

I'm trying to get the dealer to agree to sell me the first one that comes in, which looks like it will be one equipped as I want, only in black instead of silver, but since I ordered with X-Plan they are refusing to sell it to me for the time being. Of course, I will go to the dealer as soon as I know the car is there, but I was hoping to get the deal done so that there is no chance they will sell it to someone else.

Thanks,

APM

Edited by apm
  • Like 1

First post for me. Ordered a Ruby Red Hybrid Titanium a few weeks ago. Maybe I can make you guys feel a bit better about this ridiculous order time. In 2008 I placed an order for a 2009 VW Sportwagen TDI. I put $500 down. I got the car 15 months later. Hopefully Ford can do better than that ;-)

• Like 1