Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Sorry, neod, I should have been more specific. It's the Energi that is still waiting for OK-to-buy.

Well, actually, it's ME that's still waiting!

Retail orders will still be built right now. At least in my zone. This is how it works; My Rep calls me and tells me I have allocation for 3 more Fusion Energi's, and to give him the body code and order #'s I want built. I can give him a retail order if I want. We have 5 ordered, 3 are built and the other 2 will be pulled within the next few weeks. One of them is a retail order.

So, I guess what I am saying, is, a Energi is a specialty vehicle, and ok to buy has nothing to do with it. Ok to buy is already here.

Edited by fusionfan11

I can find out. All I know is that they are just not getting built. I show one in my zone in transit which is really strange. Guess that Dealer just got lucky.

fusionfan11 - There are a whole bunch of us who would be so very grateful to get real information concerning the FFHT situation. All ears here ...

• Like 1

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT-Scheduling of the Fusion Titanium Hybrid has been approved. On Thursday, February 21, only 14 stock orders will be selected. Retail order scheduling is tentatively planned to begin Thursday, February 28.

Fastronaut you referred to this last Thursday. My dealer confirmed on Friday that only 14 dealer stock orders were being scheduled last week, so maybe there is hope for Thursday Feb 28!?!

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT-Scheduling of the Fusion Titanium Hybrid has been approved. On Thursday, February 21, only 14 stock orders will be selected. Retail order scheduling is tentatively planned to begin Thursday, February 28.

We can hope!

Fastronaut you referred to this last Thursday. My dealer confirmed on Friday that only 14 dealer stock orders were being scheduled last week, so maybe there is hope for Thursday Feb 28!?!

Hope springs eternal. My dealer remains clueless.

That IS great news. Are any of these retail orders, or are all of them dealer stock?

I'm not really sure if I posted something about stock vs retail orders on energi's here. As Dealers get allocated Fusion Energi's, they give their rep order #'s and body code info to be built. I guess what I'm saying is: If I get allocated a Fusion Energi, I can give my rep a retail order. So retail orders can be built right now, if a dealer decides to to do it.

When I decided to buy a Energi, I asked my rep if I should change it to a retail order from stock, and he told me it wouldn't make a bit of difference. This is because I had already given him the order # to be picked up by Ford.

If you have a Energi on order, and your dealer has some coming in after your order was made, it is because the Dealer didn't get your order built. It's as simple as that.

I'm not really sure if I posted something about stock vs retail orders on energi's here. As Dealers get allocated Fusion Energi's, they give their rep order #'s and body code info to be built. I guess what I'm saying is: If I get allocated a Fusion Energi, I can give my rep a retail order. So retail orders can be built right now, if a dealer decides to to do it.

When I decided to buy a Energi, I asked my rep if I should change it to a retail order from stock, and he told me it wouldn't make a bit of difference. This is because I had already given him the order # to be picked up by Ford.

If you have a Energi on order, and your dealer has some coming in after your order was made, it is because the Dealer didn't get your order built. It's as simple as that.

Just an FYI to add: My dealer is a big group of dealers and they do not put in their own orders for stock vehicles. They have an outside company that does an analysis of their past sales and decides how many and of what to order. Which means they have stock Ford Energis coming, but not my order, it builds the week of Mar 18. It sucks, but I understand why.

Just an FYI to add: My dealer is a big group of dealers and they do not put in their own orders for stock vehicles. They have an outside company that does an analysis of their past sales and decides how many and of what to order. Which means they have stock Ford Energis coming, but not my order, it builds the week of Mar 18. It sucks, but I understand why.

An outside company really wouldn't matter. The Ford Factory rep is the person that distributes allocation based on a formula. We have used an outside company also in the past, it's just that they are less than employing someone to do it.

So after emailing my dealer every week for three weeks with no response I dropped by and they said they would check my HyTi order. They called and said my ruby red HyTi was scheduled for 3/8. I told them mine wasn't red so they said they would look into it and call back. He called back and said it was scheduled for "sometime later in March" and that the red one was a dealer order. I will call him tomorrow and see if I can get an exact date and VIN#. Until then I don't trust them with their track record of misinformation over the last six months.

• Like 1

So after emailing my dealer every week for three weeks with no response I dropped by and they said they would check my HyTi order. They called and said my ruby red HyTi was scheduled for 3/8. I told them mine wasn't red so they said they would look into it and call back. He called back and said it was scheduled for "sometime later in March" and that the red one was a dealer order. I will call him tomorrow and see if I can get an exact date and VIN#. Until then I don't trust them with their track record of misinformation over the last six months.

Wow, this dealer needs to get their act together!

Per the Weekly Commodity & Constraints Letter sent to dealers yesterday... 2013 Fusion Titanium Hybrid orders, Retail or Stock, are now eligible for scheduling! In addition, the Fusion Energi is now eligible for Retail Order scheduling including both the Energi SE Luxury & Energi Titanium!

You made my day! Thanks :)

Here is a copy of the actual dealer notice:

FUSION – Commodities will vary by dealer

On February 28 – Scheduling Unscheduled Allocation in Week 9

Ginger Ale paint (JY) will not be selected for scheduling. This paint has balanced out.

Fusion Titanium Hybrid orders (P0R), retail or stock, are now eligible for scheduling.

Retail Fusion Energi Scheduling

The Okay to Buy has been achieved for Fusion Energi PHEV orders (P0P or P0S). Retail orders are

now eligible to schedule.

Please consider ordering the optional 18” Gloss Black Aluminum Wheel (64M) when ordering an SE with

• Like 3

Do you know if Okay to Buy has been achieved for the Hybrid Titanium as well?

YES - Orders are now being scheduled for production. On Friday AM, check with your dealer to see the status of your order. Good luck. Preliminary indications are for the week of 3/18/2013 scheduling but that's not confirmed until Thursday night.

YES - Orders are now being scheduled for production. On Friday AM, check with your dealer to see the status of your order. Good luck. Preliminary indications are for the week of 3/18/2013 scheduling but that's not confirmed until Thursday night.

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure when I saw the OK to buy on the Energi, but not on the Hybrid :) This is going to be an awesome week!