Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Hi Fusionfan11,

I ordered a Fusion Energi Titanium (X-Plan) from a dealer in Miami, FL. At the time I placed the order I was not aware they had any Energi's on order, but a couples of days later Energi's started showing up in their inventory. Currently they have 3 Energi Titaniums on order, and none of those is the one I ordered. Etis shows that two of them have been built and it is still not built.

How does allocation work? Do I stand a chance of mine being built any time soon since they already have 3 on order? I haven't seen any other dealer in the area with more than one Fusion Energi on order.

I'm trying to get the dealer to agree to sell me the first one that comes in, which looks like it will be one equipped as I want, only in black instead of silver, but since I ordered with X-Plan they are refusing to sell it to me for the time being. Of course, I will go to the dealer as soon as I know the car is there, but I was hoping to get the deal done so that there is no chance they will sell it to someone else.

Thanks,

APM

Almost ditto for me. I see a Black one built (02/07/2013) like the one I ordered, but mine was Blue. If it means I can get it weeks earlier, Black is fine with me. So far the dealer has not said I can't, but they have no idea when it will be arrive here and how far my order would be behind it. Wish I had more info to make better decisions. I really want to get this car soon.

First post for me. Ordered a Ruby Red Hybrid Titanium a few weeks ago. Maybe I can make you guys feel a bit better about this ridiculous order time. In 2008 I placed an order for a 2009 VW Sportwagen TDI. I put $500 down. I got the car 15 months later. Hopefully Ford can do better than that ;-)

Congratulations Ruby! Gosh I do not think I could stick in there that long.

Hi Fusionfan11,

I ordered a Fusion Energi Titanium (X-Plan) from a dealer in Miami, FL. At the time I placed the order I was not aware they had any Energi's on order, but a couples of days later Energi's started showing up in their inventory. Currently they have 3 Energi Titaniums on order, and none of those is the one I ordered. Etis shows that two of them have been built and it is still not built.

How does allocation work? Do I stand a chance of mine being built any time soon since they already have 3 on order? I haven't seen any other dealer in the area with more than one Fusion Energi on order.

I'm trying to get the dealer to agree to sell me the first one that comes in, which looks like it will be one equipped as I want, only in black instead of silver, but since I ordered with X-Plan they are refusing to sell it to me for the time being. Of course, I will go to the dealer as soon as I know the car is there, but I was hoping to get the deal done so that there is no chance they will sell it to someone else.

Thanks,

APM

Not sure where you live, but if you live in an area that isn't very heavy in AXZD plan sales, the Dealer may just be holding out for a higher profit. Which I really don't blame them. Why sell a vehicle for X-plan when they can sell it for MSRP. It's supply vs demand.

AFter the Fusion is in Transit, I would say you should be able to purchase it, subject to arriving, since it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to ship.

Not sure where you live, but if you live in an area that isn't very heavy in AXZD plan sales, the Dealer may just be holding out for a higher profit. Which I really don't blame them. Why sell a vehicle for X-plan when they can sell it for MSRP. It's supply vs demand.

AFter the Fusion is in Transit, I would say you should be able to purchase it, subject to arriving, since it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to ship.

I'm sure the dealer is trying to hold out for more profit, however, they already agreed to sell me a car on X-Plan and they have my $1000 deposit, so I'm buying from them at X-plan price no matter what.

Does it really make that much difference to them to take the profit now vs, a couple of months later at the latest when the car I ordered arrives? They have at least 3 on order plus my order. In the end they will sell 3 at sticker or higher and 1 at X-Plan no matter what. Also, there isn't much difference in price between the silver one I ordered and the black that is coming in... Only the color and $100 in options (All weather floor mats and cargo net) are the differences.

Can you comment on how allocation works? Let's say that the 3 they order was their allocation for the period, will my order get be held up until they get more allocation? How long is the allocation period? One month? Quarter? If it helps I can give you the name of the dealer.

Thanks for your insight!

Regards,

APM

FYI: I did an inventory search last week and found 2 for my Zip, but 5 Fusion Energi Titaniums on an Extended search. Today I found 39, that is 30 Fusion Energi Titaniums and 9 Energi SEs (Extended Search). Seems like we are rocking now!

Excellent sleuthing, Jeff. Now if we can just get them to produce Hybrid Titaniums things would be terrific. Thanks.
  • Like 1

Can you comment on how allocation works? Let's say that the 3 they order was their allocation for the period, will my order get be held up until they get more allocation? How long is the allocation period? One month? Quarter? If it helps I can give you the name of the dealer.

Thanks for your insight!

Regards,

APM

Read this link to help you understand allocation and ordering.

http://greenhybrid.com/discuss/f61/ford-dealer-discusses-orders-allocation-19747/

Saw my salesperson yesterday. She looked up hybrid Titaniums on the computer and found 3.

Genoa, OH build date 1/22

Roanoke, VA build date 2/5

Escondido, CA build date 2/5

The Ohio one can be found here

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=3FA6P0RU5DR171852&refid=DC&hash=a1cc531945df3f6eb8fa48479bc859e4&pacode=05679&modelid=289%22

Edited by fusionTX

FORD DEALERS

COMMODITY AND CONSTRAINT LETTER – FEBRUARY PRODUCTION = WEEKS 3 – 6

FUSION – Commodities will vary by dealer

On January 31 – Scheduling Unscheduled Allocation in Week 5

Orders with Ginger Ale Paint (JY) are now being selected for scheduling.

Until further notice, Fusion Titanium Hybrid orders (P0R), retail or stock, will not be available for

scheduling.

Until the Okay to Buy has been achieved, retail Fusion Energi PHEV orders (P0P or P0S) will not be selected for scheduling.

Has any one with a Fusion Energi retail order (not dealer order) been scheduled to be built and/or received a VIN?

Just wondering if the car has been "Ok'd to Buy" yet.

Regards,

APM

Edited by apm

Hey, PluggedIn noticed a Base Price difference on a Energi Titanium, some being $40,100 instead of $40,200. I went back to some I had printed and it seems like they have all changed. Is this a price drop of $100?

Yes, so it would seem. My Window Sticker has been changed to reflect the new price as well.

This paragraph came from the Ford dealer that has a long explanation about Ford scheduling elsewhere on this forum.

My dealer always knows and emails me on Thursday pm as per this information. That is why i said Thursday.

Now were ready to go to the complicated part, Scheduling.

5. Scheduling. Scheduling usually happens Thursday night (allocation happens Wed night and we get the results sometime Thursday). Basically its all done by computer (unless something like a priority 01 may be manually scheduled first to make sure it gets scheduled). It lines all the dealers (that have allocation) in some sort of random order. If there are no commodities, this is easy, first dealers unit scheduled, second dealers, third dealers, etc, Once all dealers first allocation has been scheduled they go to the next round and do the same for the dealers that have a second allocation, once everyone’s second is done they go those with a 3rd and so on. Now that’s in a perfect world where there aren't any commodities.

Edited by chuckokie36

This paragraph came from the Ford dealer that has a long explanation about Ford scheduling elsewhere on this forum.

My dealer always knows and emails me on Thursday pm as per this information. That is why i said Thursday.

Now were ready to go to the complicated part, Scheduling.

5. Scheduling. Scheduling usually happens Thursday night (allocation happens Wed night and we get the results sometime Thursday). Basically its all done by computer (unless something like a priority 01 may be manually scheduled first to make sure it gets scheduled). It lines all the dealers (that have allocation) in some sort of random order. If there are no commodities, this is easy, first dealers unit scheduled, second dealers, third dealers, etc, Once all dealers first allocation has been scheduled they go to the next round and do the same for the dealers that have a second allocation, once everyone’s second is done they go those with a 3rd and so on. Now that’s in a perfect world where there aren't any commodities.

I'd still prefer to wait until Friday so information about both allocation and scheduling are available. If I find out I am the order that was allocated, my next question is what's the schedule on it.

I'd still prefer to wait until Friday so information about both allocation and scheduling are available. If I find out I am the order that was allocated, my next question is what's the schedule on it.

Another thing I've noticed is that the online inventory portion of Ford.com populates with the new "dealer ordered" dealer stock vehicles around that same time every week... so if you go check now for a couple of your local dealers and model and see what it says as of a Wednesday, when you see an update on a Thursday (or Friday) maybe that's an indication that your dealer should also have new info on retail orders too. It's not foolproof as I guess nothing would change if a dealer didn't have any allocation for that week for the model you chose, but may provide a clue for those who are curious as to when updates for the week are posted.

Model: Ingot Silver 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium (Driver Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Active Park Assist, Navigation, Moonroof, Floor mats A/W, Cargo net)

Date Ordered: 02/04/2013

Job # 2

Promised Delivery time: none

VIN Available: not yet

Window Sticker Available: not yet

Scheduled Build Week: TBD

Scheduled Build Date: TBD

Actual Build Date: TBD

Released from Factory for Shipping: TBD

Rail car ID available: TBD

Estimated Delivery Date:

Estimated Delivery Date:

Actual Delivery Date: TBD

State: FL

This morning I was looking to see if there had been any new Fusion Energi schedule to be build and I found this one:

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=3FA6P0SU2DR252589

Note the color.... Sterling Gray on a Fusion Energi Titanium!

I originally wanted Sterling Gray, but it wasn't available on the build & price web site and of course the dealer did not know about the color either. I called the dealer this morning to ask them if I could change the color and I sent them the sticker to show that in fact it was available. After about one hour they called me back to tell me the change was done and accepted. They also told me that I requested the change just in time... the Ford rep was at the dealer working on allocation and scheduling and that apparently they will start selecting retail order for scheduling. I will call them again on Friday to see if they have a VIN for me.

Has anyone with a retail order received a VIN yet?

Regards,

APM

Edited by apm

FYI: I got this from my Dealer this morning:

2013 MY FUSION

SPECIAL NOTICES AND UPDATED SCHEDULING PLAN

• Fusion scheduling for today, Thursday, February 21, has been postponed until 4PM ET today. Please use today’s Thursday A.M. Preview to manage final order bank adjustments for Fusion scheduling at 4PM Eastern Time.
  • NEW ANNOUNCEMENT-Scheduling of the Fusion Titanium Hybrid has been approved. On Thursday, February 21, only 14 stock orders will be selected. Retail order scheduling is tentatively planned to begin Thursday, February 28.
  • NEW ANNOUNCEMENT-Scheduling of retail orders for the Plug-In Fusion Energi will begin tomorrow, Thursday, February 21. Weekly volumes are limited.

FYI: I got this from my Dealer this morning:

2013 MY FUSION

SPECIAL NOTICES AND UPDATED SCHEDULING PLAN

• Fusion scheduling for today, Thursday, February 21, has been postponed until 4PM ET today. Please use today’s Thursday A.M. Preview to manage final order bank adjustments for Fusion scheduling at 4PM Eastern Time.
  • NEW ANNOUNCEMENT-Scheduling of the Fusion Titanium Hybrid has been approved. On Thursday, February 21, only 14 stock orders will be selected. Retail order scheduling is tentatively planned to begin Thursday, February 28.
  • NEW ANNOUNCEMENT-Scheduling of retail orders for the Plug-In Fusion Energi will begin tomorrow, Thursday, February 21. Weekly volumes are limited.

This confirms what my dealer told me yesterday... I hope my car gets selected this week!

Regards,

APM