2013 MKZ Tracking

I had the 2007 Camry Hybrid and really liked that and saw no difference in acceleration. From a full stop, this seems a bit slower to me but when underway and accelerating, e.g, on to the freeway/interstate it moves up really well.

I find the instrument panel way too glitzy and will move to the graph, too …. when I find it. :-)

Max Wolff is the designer of the 2013 MKZ and he and I definitely differ in taste. It seems like he tried a bit too hard to make this car different.

I bought the car for it's technology, but in truth …

-I've never liked the painted wheels over the polished aluminum (and have called to see if I can trade them out). I think the darker wheels just don't go as well with the white car and I couldn't change that option when building it w/o changing other things I wanted.

-I prefer the interior color I had on the 2011, Cashmere, rather than the darker Dune.

-And finally … and there may be even more disagreement with me here … I really don't like the split-wing grille. I much prefer the traditional 2011/12 style.

But it's techie, a sweet ride, and the interior is beautiful (though the glove box is too small) and well worth the wait.

Now … am I to be banished from the Forum? :)

Edited by Dedonut

I had the 2007 Camry Hybrid and really liked that and saw no difference in acceleration. From a full stop, this seems a bit slower to me but when underway and accelerating, e.g, on to the freeway/interstate it moves up really well.

I find the instrument panel way too glitzy and will move to the graph, too …. when I find it. :-)

Max Wolff is the designer of the 2013 MKZ and he and I definitely differ in taste. It seems like he tried a bit too hard to make this car different.

I bought the car for it's technology, but in truth …

-I've never liked the painted wheels over the polished aluminum (and have called to see if I can trade them out). I think the darker wheels just don't go as well with the white car and I couldn't change that option when building it w/o changing other things I wanted.

-I prefer the interior color I had on the 2011, Cashmere, rather than the darker Dune.

-And finally … and there may be even more disagreement with me here … I really don't like the split-wing grille. I much prefer the traditional 2011/12 style.

But it's techie, a sweet ride, and the interior is beautiful (though the glove box is too small) and well worth the wait.

Now … am I to be banished from the Forum? :)

Dedonut -

I absolutely hate the wheels on the 203A package ( i think those are the ones you are talking about ) .... so in my case I opted to not get 203A because I hated the wheels ...

would have gladly payed for every other option in the 203A if I could have scrapped the tires and kept the standard 18 inch ones

Re: the split-wing grille ..... I used to think that I didn't like 2011-2012 grille because the previous Zs looked a little less stylish (IMHO)

but now I wonder wether it was the 2011-2012 grille or every other aspect of the previous model that contributed to my perception of style ......

the new grille is not what makes me excited about this car's exterior styling, it's the lines on the sides, roof line and the integrated-dual exhausts.

John

Edited by jschmitt3

Another great call from Lincoln Customer Service.... Hello Mr.... I wanted to give you an update on your pre ordered MKZ. Great, is it on its way. No, sorry the status is the same. You mean the same status of Awaiting shipment that it had as of Feb. 8th?? Yes, except it now says Awaiting shipment sent offsite! Wow, that is quite the change thanks for the very informative update.

God, I feel sick!!

Hope so. ANd I think the 17 or 18" give a better ride but I don't notice that with these 19' because I think the suspension on this is so much better.

I chose to keep all the options and work on switching the wheels out … hope it's cheaper that way. It isn't the wheel size I mind anymore because, as I said, the ride is great. It's the look I don't like so hopefully will go to 19' polished aluminum (used to be about rims now it's the whole wheel). I'm not sure but might it be the weight that's determining the limit on wheel size option?

Tanner- Next step - railcar ID#.

Personally, I don't think it's a problem caused in Mexico … maybe losing your car is … but the whole delivery debacle is on Lincoln, not the Assembly Plant, and trying to hold so many cars, or treat some differently than others - we hold these here for QC, we ship those there for QC - is what leads to things like losing track of one. No consolation, but my guess is yours isn't the only one in the country they can't find.

Edited by Dedonut

Tanner- Next step - railcar ID#.

Personally, I don't think it's a problem caused in Mexico … maybe losing your car is … but the whole delivery debacle is on Lincoln, not the Assembly Plant, and trying to hold so many cars, or treat some differently than others - we hold these here for QC, we ship those there for QC - is what leads to things like losing track of one. No consolation, but my guess is yours isn't the only one in the country they can't find.

The problems is that they shuffle cars aside and they literally can't get to some of them in order. They have been overwhelmed for whatever reason. They are processing same dealer orders months out of sequence. The same thing happened with the Fusions. It's a local mess that corporate management seems unable to fix in the short term. (these sentiments are gleaned from conversations with Lincoln reps, Ford reps and Lincoln dealers, inventory clerks and GM's)

From Tanners post:

.." DeDonut I think you mentioned about resetting lifetime average, very important step. One thing you may not know though is that if you do a lifetime reset, you will also loss your "known places" resulting in your car having to relearn your frequest desitnations for the EV+ mode. So recommend right as soon as you get the car, do a lifetime reset, all trip resets, etc.... Start Fresh!..."

I understand why you'd want to reset the lifetime average after breaking it in for a while.But assuming the car hasn't been driven when you pick it up;why would you consider resetting it?

LOL - TY, Tanner.

As for xgman, I'm not sure how well I'd handle them losing my car. And I'm not opposed to being the squeaky wheel when I have to, but I imagine the Lincoln Customer Service Reps are taking a beating on this. There's probably a lot of 'shoot the messenger' going on because they're the only live voices we can get to. I just know, everyone in this process is miserably unhappy - from the customers - to the Reps and Dealers who have to listen to us - to the Execs who did not imagine this to be the launch scenario for the 'new Lincoln'. Play nice with the Customer Service Reps. They're your only hope for pursuing information, you don't want to alienate them. Better to commiserate with them on how difficult this is for everyone, including them, they'll try harder.

Edited by Dedonut

My car had 57 or so miles on it, many more than usual because they kept checking it, it wasn't the dealer. And I haven't really established any known places yet, so resetting will be all mine, and I have. Just sorry I didn't think to do it yesterday before my trip of about 125 miles.

Tanner I forgot to tell you.... I had a message from LIncoln customer service yesterday telling me that my car was at the PHX rail yard.... Ok so this was 2 days after I BOUGHT IT !

:drop:

Of course I did yell at the dealer on Friday as to why it was going to take 3 days to get my car FROM the rail yard to the dealership and I had a call within 2 hours but still.... somebodys system isn't updated.

Gotta laugh

What this really means Tanner and XG is that your car could be right under your nose..... you just don't know it. You might call Home Depot or Walmart and ask them if they know where your car is

You can only laugh when you have yours … otherwise, not funny!

What if this whole thing is as much a communication problem as much as a delivery problem? I had to tell the Sales Rep that the car I now have had been delivered. He didn't know they had it; it wasn't in their inventory yet. He said he would go check the delivery lot and physically touch it and then call me back, which he did in about 30 minutes to say it was there. It had been delivered to their site where they prep them before they're taken to the sales lot.

When I picked up the car, I think I understood one Sales Rep say to my mine that he couldn't find my key # in inventory. My Sales Rep said it wasn't there because the car was sold to me. Don't know if he had apparently cleared it. The thing is, things happen and not everything sits properly in their inventory computer lists.

Maybe, Tanner and xgman, you should call and make a plea your Sales Reps to go out and physically check their delivery and/or sales lots for your VIN & color to make sure it isn't sitting somewhere on their property … or let you go do it, if they won't. And if they won't … there's always the survey!

Edited by Dedonut

What this really means Tanner and XG is that your car could be right under your nose..... you just don't know it. You might call Home Depot or Walmart and ask them if they know where your car is

Mine being used to shuttle illegal immigrants over the border as we speak. Actually, seriously, my dealer just re-ordered my car from scratch. .. wow...

Maybe, Tanner and xgman, you should call and make a plea your Sales Reps to go out and physically check their delivery and/or sales lots for your VIN & color to make sure it isn't sitting somewhere on their property … or let you go do it, if they won't. And if they won't … there's always the survey!

Today I checked every dealers inventory online from New York to North Carolina. Out of all that, there are only 2 white cars that are configured like my red one. I ma now suffering over whether to try to get my dealer to try to get one of these white ones, or stick with my lost red order. I decided to just take whichever car that starts moving first. I always second guess my choices though. The white car with the hazelnut interior looks very nice to me in the pictures.

Actually, seriously, my dealer just re-ordered my car from scratch. .. wow...

WOW is right. Good move … Murphy's Law says your first order will now show up!

You'll have it a long time, Tanner, don't take something you don't really want. You'll wish later you'd held out. A week or two won't seem later like too long to wait. The longest part of the wait is behind you.

Edited by Dedonut

Question, do you think it is worth $1000-$2000 more to have your car now than wait for your original order? Only problem I have with this is color variations.

Thats a great question. When you have time Serraph go take a look at CyberDan's tracking blog. Specifically look at the Fusion Pre-Order's for July - Oct of last year. IMHO, this is a great example of what is going on with us right now. You will note many of those pre-orders ended up not being delivered, or wasting away in TBD land. So to your direct question, I don't have any faith what so ever that my car will show up. So now I am opening up my options. To this end I found exactly the same car I ordered except with a Moonroof inbound and am tracking that.

Thats a great question. When you have time Serraph go take a look at CyberDan's tracking blog. Specifically look at the Fusion Pre-Order's for July - Oct of last year. IMHO, this is a great example of what is going on with us right now. You will note many of those pre-orders ended up not being delivered, or wasting away in TBD land. So to your direct question, I don't have any faith what so ever that my car will show up. So now I am opening up my options. To this end I found exactly the same car I ordered except with a Moonroof inbound and am tracking that.

Oh I already know about the Fusion fiasco. Been reading this forum for quite some time. Just didn't make an account until I pre ordered. That's what I was thinking, either going with a dealer order that is coming or not. A lot of the colors are darker or bolder than I would like and plus would like the interior to be black because of kids. I even searched out dealers over 100miles but nothing comes close. lol back in October would have thought it would be a Christmas present. Dealer said the usual 16-20 weeks. I wonder if we qualify for the bespoke gift if we take a dealer ordered one and what about the $100 Visa Card.

Oh the reason I asked is because if we take a dealer ordered one now, the pricing scheme is not the same as it was back last year. Some pricing has increased.

Edited by Serraph