2013 MKZ Tracking

I know impressive isn't it XG! First your cars sits for 11 days because no one knows where it is, then when they can find it, you hope it can find its way to a train that is taking the "slow boat to CHINA" so it can sit at another Ford plant. IMPRESSIVE

Meanwhile it is the 23rd, Lincoln does not know where my car is either with the mysterious "AWAITING SHIPMENT...SENT OFFSITE"...ah sent offsite I say do you know what that means? NO. Great so your telling me you don't know crap about where my car is, why my ETA on the 18th has not been met, how it will travel to Phoenix, and WHEN I WILL GET MY CAR!

No Sir, thank you for calling Lincoln!

I must be crazy to think of spending over 40K for this kind of treatment!

Funny thing is that Lincoln field reps are aware of what you are saying and embarrassed, but more or less helpless to do anything about it. However, so much noise has been made by us, dealers and even Lincoln managers and brass recently, that I feel like changes will come quite soon to how this is done. Too late for us, but they are aware of the ridiculousness of this. I think they will find our cars in the next few days and get them moving. I feel like any average high school student would have been able to manage this entire operation better.

SMSGTb, there was talk about trucking these late ones in to save time, but I haven't seen any evidence of that. I really am quite bewildered by this mess at this point.

Edited by xgman

So, we ordered ours January 21 and had our VIN inside of 2 weeks. Our build date on ETIS says Feb 20. I just called Lincoln (thank you for posting websites and phone numbers!) and asked for an update. I was told our car is awaiting shipment (yay!) and our ETA is March 11.

Questions: where do you find rail car assignments? Does it post on the ETIS website? When my complete vehicle info updates on ETIS, what kind of information will be there?

I ordered my car in September 2012, and ironically you will see your car before I see mine.

I ordered my car in September 2012, and ironically you will see your car before I see mine.

We have the same delivery data and I was a 1 October order. This topic has given me more info in 3 days than 5 months from Lincoln. Based on that I told the dealer he has till 15 March to deliver or I am done. He owes me for a Roush Mustang. I just left a Cadillac dealer and they are holding an ATS for me. Cadillac is betting against lincoln completing their side of the deal. The lincoln dealer is aware of what I've done and frankly I don't care who wins. Lincoln wants to compete, they have to produce.

SMSGTb, there was talk about trucking these late ones in to save time, but I haven't seen any evidence of that. I really am quite bewildered by this mess at this point.

If I remember correctly, the trucking would happen after the final inspection to speed up delivery to the owners. That's great and I sure hope they really do it, but the bottleneck I'm referring to is the trip via rail to get to the plant for inspection. Lincoln could cut their total shipment time from (13/14 days to 5/6/7 days) by "trucking" them from Joliet, IL to Flat Rock plant.

Just popping in to report ... I got it! 5.5 months after ordering it finally came. First one the dealership had.

Car is nicer in person than in pictures I've gotta say. Thanks to all here in the forum who worked to provide info along the way.

So many of you should be seeing yours soon, hang in there!

Thanks for the information. It appears that the wife is not going to be satisfied unless it is the MKZ. I did like the Avalon though, nice car. Looks like I am back to playing the waiting game!!

Tanner you know damn well that if the wife ain't happy....ain't nobody happy.

Tanner you know damn well that if the wife ain't happy....ain't nobody happy.

Truer words have never been spoken. Dude really pumped for you if your ever feeling generous I am always up for a road trip!!!

We still have to do the picture with our cars once mine arrives!

Hey you forgot to tell me your response to how your going to fill out the survey and if you we're going to let them show your car for the waiting list??

Edited by tanner83

No way was I going to let those clowns keep this car for another second. These people had the nerve to tell me how they all wanted to drive it before I got there.

Funniest ( if you can call it that ) thing is I'm the one who told them it was coming !!!!

I'm a nice guy and understand that the delays were not there fault but they did close to nothing to keep me informed. I wouldn't care if they called to say they just don't have any more info..... as it was I always initiated the communication. I have a hard time giving them a good score and will have some, ahem.....suggestions for how to treat a sale. Even after the last minute ass kissing.

We'll grab lunch sometime!

No way was I going to let those clowns keep this car for another second. These people had the nerve to tell me how they all wanted to drive it before I got there.

Funniest ( if you can call it that ) thing is I'm the one who told them it was coming !!!!

I'm a nice guy and understand that the delays were not there fault but they did close to nothing to keep me informed. I wouldn't care if they called to say they just don't have any more info..... as it was I always initiated the communication. I have a hard time giving them a good score and will have some, ahem.....suggestions for how to treat a sale. Even after the last minute ass kissing.

We'll grab lunch sometime!

Pictures?

No way was I going to let those clowns keep this car for another second. These people had the nerve to tell me how they all wanted to drive it before I got there. Funniest ( if you can call it that ) thing is I'm the one who told them it was coming !!!! I'm a nice guy and understand that the delays were not there fault but they did close to nothing to keep me informed. I wouldn't care if they called to say they just don't have any more info..... as it was I always initiated the communication. I have a hard time giving them a good score and will have some, ahem.....suggestions for how to treat a sale. Even after the last minute ass kissing. We'll grab lunch sometime!

Sounds like we have the same sales person (LOL) I had to call to get updates all along. My last conversation while test driving the MKZ they received was he would know when it was built, shipped, then delivered. Well , I call to tell him when it was built, then shipped, and even the fact it was heading to flat rock - Other than that I called when I got a VIN assigned, etc - He was good when it came to ordering the car but if I know the minute it will hit the lot I will be down there waiting. No way is this thing hanging out at the dealer for joy rides, or even having it around to attract other buyers - I wonder if the survey has negative numbers on it ?

Well Bill this salesperson must get around because he is just like mine. I had to tell them everything I had to get updates on my own, find these forums on my own, figure out ETIS on my own, etc.......... Only through the grace of others that are on this forum was this ordering situation made tolerable. Hopefully the car comes in this week because I have about three pages of notes I am attaching to this survey.

Tatonka when you get back from your all night road trip we need pictures posted!!! LOL

If I remember correctly, the trucking would happen after the final inspection to speed up delivery to the owners. That's great and I sure hope they really do it, but the bottleneck I'm referring to is the trip via rail to get to the plant for inspection. Lincoln could cut their total shipment time from (13/14 days to 5/6/7 days) by "trucking" them from Joliet, IL to Flat Rock plant.

Ford needs to figure out another way to transport cars in this modern age. Lincoln's dead body moved faster on the train than these cars have.

...I don't think that will be a part of their next marketing push...lol

LOL, indeed. :) But it should be a part of their next Marketing meeting!!

I can't imagine that heads won't roll in the Executive Suites when this is over and the lines are rolling smoothly!

Edited by Dedonut

Just posted this over on the Lincoln forum... I suggest that this behavior of not communicating, not setting expectations, and not being open and honest with all the delays and stop ships is not acceptable and we as customers should hold them accountable.

Its not about patience and its not about the MKZ being the right car. What it is about is the horrible job Lincoln in doing in communicating with its customers. The report above to Karl, is actually pretty impressive they know where the car is, they know where the car is headed, and they know when it is supposed to arrive. That is good, so far Lincoln can't tell me that and I ordered before you did, as did many on the Blue Oval Forum. My story is not unique many others on this forum and the Blue Oval forum are telling the same story.

How many times have we heard that LMC wants to get this right, they want to deliver a perfect car, final quality inspection... I have no problem with that, what I have a problem with is LMC not being able to tell me exactly how that will affect me. How long will my car be delayed, what does the full process look like, when will I receive my car now, based upon this delay. Only through the grace of FMC employees like Mark have we been able to find any amount of decent and open communication.

LMC, be open and honest with your customers. They may not like what you have to say, but it is always the best policy.

I have decided to put down in writing my entire experience with pre ordering this car, from the crappy dealership service I got, to the uninformed LMC customer service personnel. I will be attaching this as part of the survey(when and if I finally get my car). I will be farming this out to any journalist that will listen. Its funny most reviews harp on the fact that the MKZ is nothing but a glorified Fusion. That is not the story, hopefully with my letter to the editor they will understand what the true story is. Can't deliver, Can't communicate, Can't set expectations.

It will be a miracle if LMC can relaunch this brand after this debacle.

Edited by tanner83