2013 MKZ Tracking

Most dealers I called this morning hadn't heard anything about a stop yet, but I found one dealer that did confirm all their orders were put on stop ship last night and they were to have some sort of briefing tonight. HEY LINCOLN? HOW"S ABOUT BRIEFING YOUR CUSTOMERS???

I couldn't agree with you more. So tempted to get the ES but it's like an extra $5k. After read some bad stuff about Tesla, we've abandoned that idea as well. Seriously debating now unless that stop ship is just temporary and not a long drawn out wait again.

I've looked at the ES a half dozen times while waiting here and it just doesn't measure up to what the MKZ is in numerous ways. That said, as we all know, you can't get the MKZ yet and can get the ES, so I don't know,.........

(even if we could find a stock order that we would accept right now, the question is what's wrong with them??? And they would have been built long before any possible plant fix.)

Edited by xgman

I talked with a classmate the other night who I overheard saying he was working out of flatrock. I assumed he was a Ford dude and introduced myself. Turns out he is a "new product development launch engineer"...that literally is his title in the co directory. Long eh? He said most if not all of the issues were supplier related. Primarily shortages, some quality. It doesn't seem approp to send him a message to ask about the stopship (he knows I already have mine so I don't want to appear like I'm interesting in gossip to spread) but if these questions are still unawnsered next week ill ask him in class. Also, I ask him how long the inspections are taking (assuming he even knows).

I go into the dealer at 1:00 and will ask re: stop shipment but we all know from experience the dealers seem to be the last to hear. Sounds like a lot of them don't read the Dealer Directives/Notices.

Needless to say, I'm concerned, too. I leased the 2011 because I knew I wouldn't keep it and told the Sales Rep last night I'm buying this one. Hmmmmm. And the question about '...if stopped shipment, then recall for the delivered?" is a good one. The only thing I can say at this point is I trust Lincoln will make everything right and 4yr/50k warranty; 8yr/70k warranty; 4yr/50k comp maint., not that I want to have to use them much.

I'll post again with what I hear, if anything.

Somehow, I think if it was about supplier issues, Lincoln would have wanted people to know that it wasn't them.

Edited by Dedonut

Has anybody called Lincoln CS to see what the official spin is ? I'm going to try to call my dealer also when i get a minute just to compare stories.

My car is off the train and probably within 20 miles of where I sit.... a little reluctant to pull the trigger but not happy with my other options.

I would reserve judgement until you hear any official news. The dealers are very far down the food chain in many respects including information, which in unfortunate b/c they are the go between customers and the company. I would not take what a salesman at an AZ dealership says as gospel. Unless info comes in an offical communication (or webcast, or a debrief later this evening as someone suggested) to dealers it's simply gossip.

I would reserve judgement until you hear any official news. The dealers are very far down the food chain in many respects including information, which in unfortunate b/c they are the go between customers and the company. I would not take what a salesman at an AZ dealership says as gospel. Unless info comes in an offical communication (or webcast, or a debrief later this evening as someone suggested) to dealers it's simply gossip.

Let me be absolutely clear, this was not a salesperson in Arizona. This was an official communication from Lincoln. That communication which i pasted above states unequivocally that ALL MKZ shipments have been put on hold with out any reason or justification. You are all grown adults so you are entitled make your own decisions. As for me, Lincoln just lost a customer.

Was nice chatting with you all, I hope the best for each of you regardless of what decision you make.

Take care.

Let me be absolutely clear, this was not a salesperson in Arizona. This was an official communication from Lincoln. That communication which i pasted above states unequivocally that ALL MKZ shipments have been put on hold with out any reason or justification. You are all grown adults so you are entitled make your own decisions. As for me, Lincoln just lost a customer.

Was nice chatting with you all, I hope the best for each of you regardless of what decision you make.

Take care.

Tanner I'll let you know where I end up. Good luck man.

Take care.

give it some time before you abandon hope. I just send an IM to my Flat Rock classmate..and, as the vehicle launch engineer on the MKZ program, he hadnt heard anything about it. but, he is going to send a message to his boss, who is in hermosillo.

give it some time before you abandon hope. I just send an IM to my Flat Rock classmate..and, as the vehicle launch engineer on the MKZ program, he hadnt heard anything about it. but, he is going to send a message to his boss, who is in hermosillo.

Mark we all appreciate it. I know it puts you in the middle of things.

Hope to know something before Dedonut finalizes. I'm still hoping for the best.

It's almost like we know too much but really don't know anything. Wonder if we would be better flying deaf and dumb sometimes.

I just got done messaging w/ the engineer in flat rock. he got off the phone w/ his boss in mexico and replied:

"just on the phone with my boss in hermosillo
there was a stop ship
it has since been lifted
so there shouldnt be too much longer of a delay"

Yay hopes are up again, going to test drive the ES again just for kicks and see if he will do a better deal.

I'm not sure if leases allow for re-assignment you would have to check the legal docs or contract. It might be easier to excercise the lease purchase option on the car and buy it. If the lease is nearing the end of term this might make economic sense; the purchase option while in the middle of a lease is a function of your residual value (end of lease buy out option) and all the remaining pyments...plus some other stuff like unearned rent but those costs are marginal. I was able to sell my german leased vehicle with relative ease during year 3, month 1 of my lease (the buyer just wired the money and my lease was terminated). The excercise option just happend to be less than the car's value (with 11 remaining payments) which was fortunate. If you can't reassign, consider this option.

Thanks, Mark, they can be assumed. My guess is they don't ever want the car back if they can get someone to continue the payments. It just sounded a whole lot easier the first time we called!

We finally got the name and number of the person handling the Lease Account and transfer. All other times as you know, when you call a general number, you end up talking to someone different each time, who requires yet another document.

The lease has 14 months to run and the residual is higher than Kelly BB. The 2011 (and I most likely the 2012) didn't hold their value with the up-coming redesign of the 2013.