2013 MKZ Tracking

Yeah that car maybe wasn't the best benchmark. Its been sitting in flat rock for almost a week. I would hope they would turn-around pre-orders quicker than that.

Mark,

Watch mine as I am a pre-order and it did go to IL; I assume for inspection at Flat Rock. According to MKZtracker, tomorrow is should be at Markham (final Destination) in which I assume again it will be trucked over to Flat Rock. Like you stated, I can't see my car going up there just for sh!ts and giggles.

Edited by SMSgt B

I agree XG have faith, I would not be surprised if you have been assigned a rail car now and are "in transit". As we saw with SMSGT's car it takes about a week to get to Flat Rock. They just hired hundreds of inspectors at Flat Rock for this exact process which means they are expediting the work, and then they are putting them on trucks. I just googled distance from you to Flat Rock that is easily accomplished in 1 day with a Car Hauler.

You know as I write this, one has to wonder where Ford found hundreds of Quality Inspectors to do this work all with the requisite skills necessary??

LOL. Yes, indeed, where did they find them? Layoff lists, current employee reassignments? If they're looking only at certain issues, perhaps it's quickly learned. My guess is, that after all this time and effort, they aren't going to screw it up now.

Edited by Dedonut

I agree XG have faith, I would not be surprised if you have been assigned a rail car now and are "in transit". As we saw with SMSGT's car it takes about a week to get to Flat Rock. They just hired hundreds of inspectors at Flat Rock for this exact process which means they are expediting the work, and then they are putting them on trucks. I just googled distance from you to Flat Rock that is easily accomplished in 1 day with a Car Hauler.

You know as I write this, one has to wonder where Ford found hundreds of Quality Inspectors to do this work all with the requisite skills necessary??

If it wakes a week to get to Flat Rock. Then a couple days to inspect and a week to get to Maryland, then I'm looking at early March, not 2/25. I would assume the trucking makes multiple stops, but at point who knows. maybe they will update the info Friday. As of now it still says "waiting" from 2/11. Like I said, these last days are killers, and my faith in Lincoln is at an all point low. Sorry to be so pessimistic, and I don;t mean to bring everybody down, but I think Lincoln does not deserve any of my respect. This has been a 6 month wait for a stupid run of the mill car, not a Ferrari, Tesla or Bentley for god sakes.

Edited by xgman

Tatonka, got my weekly update from Cyber, still no change at this point

Awaiting Shipment - Origin Received - 01l03 (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Feb-08-2013, 01:00 MT.

ETA *Feb-18-2013. TICK TOCK!!

Cyber won't update mine since I bad mouthed (cough . . well deserved ... cough..) him or something.

Edited by xgman

The new hired inspectors are what makes me nervous. Do they know what to look at. How will they know if something is out of place because they might lack xperience. Is Lincoln hiring inspectors just for the sake of having inspections done quick and get the vehicle out faster?

And what are they inspecting exactly? Just fit and finish I suppose.

I wonder if we are sitting on Dock 54 still?

My car is in IL, heading to Flat Rock. What worries me now is, what if the inspectors find something wrong with the car? Where would it have to go then, and how much more delay would be involved?

SMSgtB; 3LN6L2LU0DR807602

XGMAN; 3ln6l2lu7dr807659

Billtkat; 3LN6L2LU5DR807868

Tanner83; 3LN6L2LUXDR807932

Serraph; 3LN6L2LU9DR808103

JJBKLB; 3LN6L2LU0DR808166

Gunner; 3LN6L2LU4DR807635

Dedonut: 3LN6L2LU0DR807891

Beginning Feb 4 I will post morning updates on Mon/Wed/Fri with vehicle status.

Order No Body Code VIN Vehicle Line Primary Secondary Vehicle Location Status Date / Time ETA

K111 L2L 3LN6L2LU5DR807868 Mkz In Transit Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX711815 (Ferrocarril Mexicano S.a. De C.v. ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Feb-13-2013, 21:00 MT *Feb-25-2013

910 L2L 3LN6L2LU4DR807635 Mkz In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Union Pacific Railroad ) GLO4, IL Feb-13-2013, 15:46 CT Feb-22-2013

20 L2L 3LN6L2LU7DR807659 Mkz Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - 4108c (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Feb-11-2013, 23:18 MT *Feb-25-2013

Z095 L2L 3LN6L2LUXDR807932 Mkz Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - 01l03 (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Feb-08-2013, 01:00 MT *Feb-18-2013

9242 L2L 3LN6L2LU9DR808103 Mkz In Transit Passing (Union Pacific Railroad ) Pratt, KS Feb-14-2013, 03:59 CT Mar-03-2013

1119 L2L 3LN6L2LU0DR808166 Mkz In Production Sent to Plant Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-08-2013 *Mar-04-2013

B191 L2L 3LN6L2LU0DR807891 Mkz Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - 01i03 (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Feb-12-2013, 12:15 MT *Feb-25-2013

1209 L2L 3LN6L2LU0DR807602 Mkz In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Union Pacific Railroad ) Yarcenter, IL Feb-13-2013, 06:49 CT Feb-25-2013

Ok, my car has to move today to make my ETA....... SURVEY SAYS??????

dont sweat it sometimes there is a full day (or two) lag on the status on the vehicle visibility report. your status is as of Feb 8th, which means the status hasnt changed, but it could very well have been released and shipped already. I spent the weekend before my car was delivered checking the status report to verify if it had been offloaded to a truck, nothing ...I got the call Monday my car was at the dealer; however, the tracker didnt update until two days later.

1209 L2L 3LN6L2LU0DR807602 Mkz In Transit Passing (Canadian National Railways ) Markham, IL Feb-15-2013, 04:30 CT Feb-25-2013

CANADIAN NATIONAL RAILWAYS????? Man I do have some homework to do now ...

http://cnebusiness.geomapguide.ca/?s_icid=-feature-rght-stations-terminals-map

Looks like CN travels between Markham and Flat Rock. Just search for Flat Rock, MI in the link above

Edited by SMSgt B

My car apparently hasn't moved in a week. The ETA is therefore bogus.

What is this stuff? Was Stability Control an option somewhere? I thought the car had that.

Less Roof Line Conversion
Less Electronic Stability Control
Less Daytime Running Lamps
Less Front Fog Lamps

Edited by xgman

dont sweat it sometimes there is a full day (or two) lag on the status on the vehicle visibility report. your status is as of Feb 8th, which means the status hasnt changed, but it could very well have been released and shipped already. I spent the weekend before my car was delivered checking the status report to verify if it had been offloaded to a truck, nothing ...I got the call Monday my car was at the dealer; however, the tracker didnt update until two days later.

Thanks Mark, very helpful. I have to say my patience is just about worn out.

Thanks Mark, very helpful. I have to say my patience is just about worn out.

I applaud you. My patience wore out a couple months back. Fumes wore out a couple weeks back. I'm on empty here.

By the way, I can't wait to get the survey from Ford on this order. I have a lot to say! (I wonder if they allow minus scores?)

Edited by xgman

My car apparently hasn't moved in a week. The ETA is therefore bogus.

What is this stuff? Was Stability Control an option somewhere? I thought the car had that.

Less Roof Line Conversion

Less Electronic Stability Control

Less Daytime Running Lamps

Less Front Fog Lamps

My build sheet shows the same. I got the Preferred series, and NONE of these items were mentioned as available options. As far as I can determine, Ford puts ESC on all their cars now. And ever single video and photo I've seen of MKZs on the road, the DRLs were operating. I think somehow we are not understanding the build sheet terminology, and our cars will have these items.

Go get them SMSGT!!! Let your fingers do the walking

I updated the info on Rail tracking ... below is what they told me:

16 Feb 2013 / 16:00CST is departs Kirk Yard, IL via train M33291; arrives Flat Rock Plant on 20 Feb 2013 / 03:00CST. 3 days / 11 hours to go 264 miles.

The 20th is a Wednesday so they have Wed-Fri (22 Feb) for final inspection (I'm sure they don't work on the weekends), and then the weekend to shipping to get here by the 25th.

Edited by SMSgt B