2013 MKZ Tracking

Unfortunately, I think we're co-opting this thread for more than tracking. The very thing Cyberdman was so concerned about. You're exactly right, Serraph, the railcar tracking should be on a separate thread.

Can you put me down for this tracking also? I would like to know where it is every 15minutes til it arrives. :worship:

JK, awesome work guys. Eventually we will reap the rewards that we will be sitting in and hopefully problem free. Looking forward to tomorrows update on status.

More Information from ETIS. I noticed a day or so after my build date, ETIS updated to show minimal information such as my build date. I checked ETIS again today and it now looks complete. I am not sure if there is significance in that, but I hope that it confirms QC has taken place and the car is fully inventoried and ready to be shipped. I say that because in ETIS there is also a spot to track campaign messages which in earlier models showed the defect messages.

Primary Features Build Date: 07.02.2013 Vehicle Line: MKZ Body Style: 4 Door Saloon Series: Series 25 Engine: 2.0 4V DOHC PFI Gas/Electric Transmission: ECVT Auto Trans Power Split S/Wir Drive: LHD FWD Axle Ratio: 2.56 Final Drive Ratio Emission: 50 State Emission Requirements Air Conditioning: Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/C Paint: Bordeaux Reserve Metallic

Edited by tanner83

For a September order, mine seems to be one of the slowest on the list here. Only by about a week at most I guess. I'm in trim line, so I guess it will get done soon. I wonder why everyone is ETA Feb 25th if some orders have already shipped and some like mine are still in the line?

BUMP- mkztracker: Can I get on this list, too, please? Dedonut; 3LN6L2LU0DR807891

SMSgtB; 3LN6L2LU0DR807602

XGMAN; 3ln6l2lu7dr807659

Billtkat; 3LN6L2LU5DR807868

Tanner83; 3LN6L2LUXDR807932

Serraph; 3LN6L2LU9DR808103

JJBKLB; 3LN6L2LU0DR808166

Gunner; 3LN6L2LU4DR807635

BUMP- mkztracker: Can I get on this list, too, please? Dedonut; 3LN6L2LU0DR807891

XGMAN; 3ln6l2lu7dr807659

You might have to PM him, not sure if he checks the messages.

On another note, mine is on the railcar and shipped. So it took about a day for them to complete it. Here's to Flat Rock. YAY!!!!

Got a call from Lincoln this morning stating mine is built and waiting on ramp. Etis now shows build date of 2/9 instead of that place holder , nothing else though. Not sure where the next stop is but at least it is moving and my wife has stopped bugging me to look at other cars !

So Bill, the next step is in about 4 or 5 days ETIS will add the complete information on your car. I see your in Evansville, IN so that will mean your car will be going to Flat Rock for Quality Inspection. Next step for you will be to be assigned a Rail Car # and then tracking the car(if you want) from Hermasillo to Flat Rock. Take a look at SMSGT's posts on his car as your car will be follow the same route.

Got a call from Lincoln this morning stating mine is built and waiting on ramp. Etis now shows build date of 2/9 instead of that place holder , nothing else though. Not sure where the next stop is but at least it is moving and my wife has stopped bugging me to look at other cars !

Mine says 2/11. Now waiting to go to Flat Rock.

By the way if Lincoln is giving dealers money to compensate them for the loss of sales, shouldn't we be getting some of that. I would have thought there would have been some direct to buyer incentive cash at this point for the MKZ's.

VanDyke acknowledged that the delayed MKZ launch has been a burden to dealers. So Lincoln will give dealers a one-time cash payment to help them be financially prepared for the launch of the MKZ, he said. The payment will be based on a formula that considers a dealership's average monthly Lincoln sales in 2012 and the percentage of total sales -- including Ford-brand sales if the store is a Ford-Lincoln dual -- that the MKZ represented.

For example, a dealer who averaged 10 MKZs a month last year and for whom the MKZ counted as 27 percent of sales would get a lump sum of $40,000, VanDyke said.

He also pledged to give dealers better tools to track the status of their vehicles.

Edited by xgman

XGMAN; 3ln6l2lu7dr807659

Dedonut: 3LN6L2LU0DR807891

Beginning Feb 4 I will post morning updates on Mon/Wed/Fri with vehicle status.

Order No Body Code VIN Vehicle Line Primary Secondary Vehicle Location Status Date / Time ETA

K111 L2L 3LN6L2LU5DR807868 Mkz Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - 01i04 (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Feb-11-2013, 08:47 MT *Feb-25-2013

910 L2L 3LN6L2LU4DR807635 Mkz In Transit Passing (Union Pacific Railroad ) Armourdal, KS Feb-13-2013, 03:06 CT Feb-22-2013

20 L2L 3LN6L2LU7DR807659 Mkz Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - 4108c (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Feb-11-2013, 23:18 MT *Feb-25-2013

Z095 L2L 3LN6L2LUXDR807932 Mkz Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - 01l03 (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Feb-08-2013, 01:00 MT *Feb-18-2013

9242 L2L 3LN6L2LU9DR808103 Mkz In Transit Passing (Union Pacific Railroad ) Vaughn, NM Feb-13-2013, 06:45 MT Mar-03-2013

1119 L2L 3LN6L2LU0DR808166 Mkz In Production Sent to Plant Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-08-2013 *Mar-04-2013

B191 L2L 3LN6L2LU0DR807891 Mkz Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - 01i03 (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Feb-12-2013, 12:15 MT *Feb-25-2013

1209 L2L 3LN6L2LU0DR807602 Mkz In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Union Pacific Railroad ) Yarcenter, IL Feb-13-2013, 06:49 CT Feb-25-2013

Ok so I have a couple of questions here:...

1. Why has my car not moved in a week?

Answer: I think my car has not moved in a week because my car is not getting on a train.

2. Why do I think my car is not getting on a train?

Answer: When I look up Allied System LTD, they are not a railroad company. They are a Car Hauling company among other things.

3. Why do I think that my car will go on a Car Hauler?

Answer: I recall the Quality Inspection Memo stating that after the inspections occur at Flat Rock the cars will be put on trucks not trains to get to dealerships faster.

THOUGHTS????

I

Edited by tanner83

The tracking system doesn't have a status to indicate it is awaiting inspection. Since yours is one that is supposed to be inspected in Hermosillo before it ships, that is likely the cause for the delay. There's no way to know if the inspection has happened yet or not until it gets loaded onto a train and shipped to your dealer.

Ramp 54 seems a very popular ramp.

Seeing how most of the eta's are still 2/25, I assume that the last weeks builds no matter what date completed, will likely move out together at some point when there is enough of a load, at least the ones that go to Flat Rock, or maybe all of them.

Edited by xgman

Didn't someone say the Special Order inspections are being done at Hermosillo and only Dealer orders are going to Flat Rock?

No, they said the Southwest states would stay in Mexico and all others now will go to Flat Rock. I don't know which is slower at this point. I'm guessing Mexico may still be slower. Don't these last couple of weeks feel like an eternity?

Edited by xgman

I'm going to keep looking at previous posts because I thought that checks at Flat Rock referred to Dealer stock and all Special Orders were being checked at Hermosillo.

No that changed recently.

“By using two separate locations, we are able to get more vehicles through the inspection process to get as many vehicles to dealers as quickly as possible. We have a ton of vehicles on rail cars being shipped to dealers as we speak. We’ve just started to see our first sales,” he said.

Once inspections are finished in Flat Rock, Lincoln will ship them “via truck instead of rail cars to expedite delivery to you,” Ken Czubay, Ford vice president of U.S. marketing, sales and service, wrote in a memo to dealers earlier this week.

In the memo, Czubay said Ford planned to divert five weeks of Hermosillo’s Lincoln production — from the week of Jan. 28 through the week of Feb. 25 — to Flat Rock for inspection.

How long will the Flat Rock inspections go on?

Our plan right now is for the next five weeks.

That's for everything other than the states in the southwest?

We've got five states, just based on simple logistics, that we're letting Hermosillo do the full inspection process on. But Flat Rock is taking a significant amount of the volume to cover the rest of the country.

Dealers have said they have a hard time tracking when their presold cars will arrive, especially since there have been repeated delays. How are you addressing that?

We're working on giving the dealers as much information as possible about the status of their cars. They don't want us necessarily communicating with customers directly. They need to be the ones who own the point of customer engagement. For them to do that successfully, they obviously require really good information from us. When you make adjustments to the process and you do things like shipping through Flat Rock, it changes the way to provide standard communication on exactly where vehicles are on shipping and ramps and things like that. We've had a lot of dialogue with our dealers this week on some ad hoc things we can do to improve that information flow.

Edited by xgman

No that changed recently.

“By using two separate locations, we are able to get more vehicles through the inspection process to get as many vehicles to dealers as quickly as possible. We have a ton of vehicles on rail cars being shipped to dealers as we speak. We’ve just started to see our first sales,” he said.

Once inspections are finished in Flat Rock, Lincoln will ship them “via truck instead of rail cars to expedite delivery to you,” Ken Czubay, Ford vice president of U.S. marketing, sales and service, wrote in a memo to dealers earlier this week.

In the memo, Czubay said Ford planned to divert five weeks of Hermosillo’s Lincoln production — from the week of Jan. 28 through the week of Feb. 25 — to Flat Rock for inspection.

This memo mentions pre-orders (a part which they dont excerpt)... the quote above is meant to communicate the process for dealer orders w/ those production weeks.

No, they said the Southwest states would stay in Mexico and all others now will go to Flat Rock. I don't know which is slower at this point. I'm guessing Mexico may still be slower. Don't these last couple of weeks feel like an eternity?

Who's "they" said? your sales rep? I would take anything a dealer rep says with a grain of salt -- I think they would be speculating if they told you pre-orders are being sent to flat rock. That information has not come in any official dealer communication; in fact, the only official communications to dealers (the same bulletin that is quoted above) that discuss the Flat Rock inspection site, mentioned that they wanted to develop a process to inspect all pre-orders in Mexico, and would update dealers as they finalized those plans (no update as of yet).

Where are you guys getting your information from? Ive read a couple times that there is some geographical threshold for where the inpection occurs (for example if you're east of the mississippi your insepction occurs in mexico). I would probably qualify any of these statements with sources b/c once the info gets passed around enough on this board you might lose sight of what could be just predications or conjecture. Until one of your cars clearly begins to take a detour towards michigan and away from its final destination, I would assume the inspection for pre-orders will occur in mexico.

Edited by markd4864