2013 MKZ Tracking

Why is Serraph's eta so late (march 4) compared to the others? So now instead of 18 days it takes 4-5 weeks to deliver a "built" car???? Why do I still have this gut feeling that I won't see my car till June? All the excitement of knowing my car finally was in build has totally worn off and I'm starting to hate Lincoln all over again and get myself all worked up. I don't care what anyone says,this entire situation and model launch was botched from start to finish and I'm sticking to that opinion. (but even though I a totally sick of it, I'm still waiting in the line)

Edited by xgman

Why is Serraph's eta so late (march 4) compared to the others? Why do I still have this gut feeling that I won't see my car till June? All the excitement of knowing my car finally was in build has totally worn off and I'm starting to hate Lincoln all over again and get myself all worked up. I don't care what anyone says,this entire situation and model launch was botched from start to finish and I'm sticking to that opinion. (but even though I a totally sick of it, I'm still waiting in the line)

Not sure why you dont have an ETA yet xgman, but I would hang tight ...all of you guys have the same priority code in the system ..."1" which is the highest. Parenthetically, JJBLKB has a priority code "10", not sure why...but likely is the reason his car isnt in production yet.

Not sure why you dont have an ETA yet xgman, but I would hang tight ...all of you guys have the same priority code in the system ..."1" which is the highest. Parenthetically, JJBLKB has a priority code "10", not sure why...but likely is the reason his car isnt in production yet.

You know mark,I'd feel better with that 10 if I was Bo Derek.But since I don't have the same equipment package as her,I think that I'd rather be a "1".

Just sayin'........

Edited by jjbklb

Why is Serraph's eta so late (march 4) compared to the others? So now instead of 18 days it takes 4-5 weeks to deliver a "built" car???? Why do I still have this gut feeling that I won't see my car till June? All the excitement of knowing my car finally was in build has totally worn off and I'm starting to hate Lincoln all over again and get myself all worked up. I don't care what anyone says,this entire situation and model launch was botched from start to finish and I'm sticking to that opinion. (but even though I a totally sick of it, I'm still waiting in the line)

Good question. Mine is built along the same week as the other Feb 4 group but the ETA on mine is 2-3 weeks further. Could be mine is going to Flat Rock?

Just hang in there you've waited this long and what's another few weeks right? I'm upset and frustrated by this whole process as well but Lincoln wants every thing to be perfect. Would you rather have the car now and end up being recalled like the Fuscion 1.6 and Escapes or have a car that pass the inspection so you won't have to spend more time going to the dealer having them fix the car and leaving you without one? I don't know, waiting always seems longer if you're focus on it. Trust me I'm there on google looking up anything MKZ related but some times you just need to step back and get some fresh air and let the people do their job so that you can get the best enjoyment out of the car. That's just my thought on this. So hang in there.

Edited by Serraph

Would you rather have the car now and end up being recalled like the Fuscion 1.6 and Escapes or have a car that pass the inspection so you won't have to spend more time going to the dealer having them fix the car and leaving you without one?

At this point yes. My trade value is plummeting.

I don't care what anyone says,this entire situation and model launch was botched from start to finish and I'm sticking to that opinion.

Who said it wasn't? I think everybody would agree that Ford is doing everything possible to get these cars to dealers and customers as fast as possible with the required level of quality.

10 is the highest priority for any regular order. Only a Ford rep can set a priority below 10 and that's only done for unusual circumstances. Note that it still requires the dealer to have allocation before even a priority 1 order can be built.

It is a balancing act right, I mean we all know that dealerships will not give you the best price for your trade in. In my case that meant that I needed to sale my car on my own, but I can't do that because the dealership cannot actually tell me when I will get my car. I had actually sold my car and had to cancel the deal because I needed transportation until Lincoln can get me my pre ordered car.

Now having said that Serraph, I think (and it is just my guessing) that the only item relevant to the dealership will be did you have to extend your lease as that is what is directly mentioned in the article. So for schmucks like me trying to sell a car, I doubt if they will do anything.

All that aside, who wants to bet Mark did not go to work today and is out driving his new car!!!!!!! MARK??? come on brother tell the truth!!!!

Who said it wasn't? I think everybody would agree that Ford is doing everything possible to get these cars to dealers and customers as fast as possible with the required level of quality.

I totally and wholeheartedly disagree with that. As a consumer, I am left with an overwhelming feeling that something is seriously wrong with Ford and Lincoln operations. I am fed up with the entire situation. To be honest, I expect a problematic car. If I had any sense or if there was a viable option for me I would jump. Corporate heads should roll over this,the escape recalls, and the fusions recalls, etc.

If Lincoln wants to do something for it's customers who have been waiting, why not a rebate (like every other car that Ford sells). I see no sign of it. I see some dealer discretion crap about reimbursements for Lease extensions or rentals. How does that help me?

Right now I wish Lincoln could simply tell me if my car has been built? What is my ETA as of now? But as of right now I can't get that answer for some reason. I'll admit that I have lost all patience and at the same time all faith in this.

Edited by xgman

I totally and wholeheartedly disagree with that. As a consumer, I am left with an overwhelming feeling that something is seriously wrong with Ford and Lincoln operations. I am fed up with the entire situation. To be honest, I expect a problematic car. If I had any sense or if there was a viable option for me I would jump. Corporate heads should roll over this,the escape recalls, and the fusions recalls, etc.

If Lincoln wants to do something for it's customers who have been waiting, why not a rebate (like every other car that Ford sells). I see no sign of it. I see some dealer discretion crap about reimbursements for Lease extensions or rentals. How does that help me?

You're not listening to what I'm saying. OF COURSE something is seriously wrong with the launch. Otherwise it wouldn't be delayed this long. But this is the most important vehicle launch for Lincoln since the 2000 LS and I guarantee you they are doing everything they can to fix the problems. It doesn't mean there aren't problems - just that they're doing everything they possibly can to fix them as fast as they can.

These are not problems that are going to show up over time - these are missing parts, parts installed wrong or parts that were engineered or manufactured incorrectly. Once fixed they won't continue to have problems. The extra time should prevent YOU from having to deal with these issues after you take delivery. It's still a new vehicle and as such is always subject to problems not found at the plant but you shouldn't have any long term issues.

Why does Ford give the dealer cash and discretion? So they can do different things for different people. A rebate doesn't help someone who has to rent a car now. Or extend lease payments. A good dealer will use the cash to take care of you and in your case that may mean a discount.

I get the sense that nothing Lincoln does from this point will satisfy you. Maybe you should walk away.

I get the sense that nothing Lincoln does from this point will satisfy you. Maybe you should walk away.

I am in fact very close to doing so. Remember, this was to be a late Fall 2012 launch. My order has been in since September. They have had plenty of time to shake out the bugs and get this car manufactured. All I hear now is a lot of bla bla bla quality check bal bla bla. (yes I know I have become very cynical over this)

On a brighter note, after some arm twisting, Lincoln finally called me back and said that the current ETA for my car is Feb 25th. They were careful to say that the date is subject to, and likely to, change though.

Edited by xgman

At this point yes. My trade value is plummeting.

It's been over 2 1/2 months since I got a price on my trade-in vehicle.Since then ,because of the production delays,the vehicle inspection deadline has come & gone.I haven't gotten it re-inspected since I know that it would involve a significant money output to pass.

I'm going on the assumption that the dealer will take the car 'as is' & honor the trade-in quote from the time I put the deposit down on the new car.

BTW

On an entirely different point,does anyone know if going from the 18 inch wheels to the 19 inch option results in a change from a regular to a low-profile tire?

I hope not.I know a two people that hit pot-holes with low-profile tires & damaged the wheel,resulting in needing a new wheel for an expensive flat repair.

It's been over 2 1/2 months since I got a price on my trade-in vehicle.Since then ,because of the production delays,the vehicle inspection deadline has come & gone.I haven't gotten it re-inspected since I know that it would involve a significant money output to pass.

I'm going on the assumption that the dealer will take the car 'as is' & honor the trade-in quote from the time I put the deposit down on the new car.

BTW

On an entirely different point,does anyone know if going from the 18 inch wheels to the 19 inch option results in a change from a regular to a low-profile tire?

I hope not.I know a two people that hit pot-holes with low-profile tires & damaged the wheel,resulting in needing a new wheel for an expensive flat repair.

18s are already "low profile". 19s will just be a little bit lower. Not a huge difference between the 2.

BTW

You know what they say about assuming! Personally I don't think the dealer will honor the trade-in quote they gave you almost 3 months ago for a couple of reasons. First , auction prices change all the time and the longer it is, the less it becomes. The good news is that if you are still making payments, you are also lowering your pay off balance during this time frame. Your payment is less than the depreciation value, so it all works out. Now, if your car is paid off, that's a different story. I would try and sell it outright...you should make more money than the trade-in value.

18" and 19" could be considered low profile and if you are worried about pot-holes, I would get the wheel/tire insurance if they offer it. Another option is not to hit pot-holes ;)

Edited by SMSgt B

Lincoln Customer Service;

I would be interested in what your experiences have been interacting with Lincoln Customer service. I have called them a number of times and have been less than pleased with their capabilities. It appears overall that this is just another call center(does appear to be staffed with native English speakers which is nice) and the experience of the call center personnel is really varied. I will say I had one positive interaction with a woman who appeared very proficient and navigating through the computer to find the answers to the questions I had, but mostly I have been unimpressed.

Several months ago Lincoln announced a "Concierge Service" boy I sure hope this is not it...

Thoughts?

Lincoln Customer Service;

I would be interested in what your experiences have been interacting with Lincoln Customer service. I have called them a number of times and have been less than pleased with their capabilities. It appears overall that this is just another call center(does appear to be staffed with native English speakers which is nice) and the experience of the call center personnel is really varied. I will say I had one positive interaction with a woman who appeared very proficient and navigating through the computer to find the answers to the questions I had, but mostly I have been unimpressed.

Several months ago Lincoln announced a "Concierge Service" boy I sure hope this is not it...

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that there is far more information available in the forum than at Lincoln. What they need is Fed Ex style customer accessible tracking of every step.

My thoughts are that there is far more information available in the forum than at Lincoln. What they need is Fed Ex style customer accessible tracking of every step.

That is a great idea, I would love that !

On a different note, for those who are concerned with the dealer honoring the agreed upon trade in value given months ago, it does happen. I have bought 2 cars from a dealer who honored the trade in price given me on my 4 year old Corvette on a new, 2011 Mustang 5.0 convertible. As some of you might know, the new 5.0 Mustang was the hottest item that Ford had for years when it was introduced for the 2011 model year in 2009. I ordered mine in January, 2010, and due to many delays (as bad or worse than for the MKZ I have ordered), the car didn't arrive until June. No problem, the dealer honored the price quoted for my Vette 6 months earlier. They also honored the agreed upon trade in value when I ordered another car which took 2 months to arrive. I am hoping, and have no reason to believe otherwise, that they will do the same when my new MKZ, ordered in September, finally arrives.

Funny......., if you have a little time google a 2013 Ford Fusion Hood picture and then google a 2013 MKZ hood picture. Alot of similarity in my opinion. I used to discount the people that said the MKZ was just a amp'd up Fusion, but the more I look at styling (at least outside styling) there are a number of similarities.

What do you all think? Did we all just buy really expensive Ford Fusions??

Funny......., if you have a little time google a 2013 Ford Fusion Hood picture and then google a 2013 MKZ hood picture. Alot of similarity in my opinion. I used to discount the people that said the MKZ was just a amp'd up Fusion, but the more I look at styling (at least outside styling) there are a number of similarities.

What do you all think? Did we all just buy really expensive Ford Fusions??

The MKZ has a center line on the hood, so about 5 distint lines. . The Fusion has 4. I've sat in a Fusion at the auto show. It's nothing like the MKZ. Some how it felt less roomier than the MKZ.