2013 MKZ Tracking

Hey on other question, can someone go look at my window sticker for the build date? It is not making sense.....

HRM-000264 AZ 9-Normal ND, 100264, DA301 6231

Thoughts?

The build date is not shown on the Hermosillo window stickers. To find the true build date, go to www.etis.ford.com then click on the Vehicle tab and enter the VIN. A date of 30.11.0002 indicates it hasn't been built yet, which is what your VIN currently shows.

The build date is not shown on the Hermosillo window stickers. To find the true build date, go to www.etis.ford.com then click on the Vehicle tab and enter the VIN. A date of 30.11.0002 indicates it hasn't been built yet, which is what your VIN currently shows.

Not sure that I understand that. If a MKZ takes about 20 hours to build and it was sent to production on the 29th as SGT's was then technically the ETIS site should show that date right? But it does not it shows the 30.11.0002 date. Either A.) Just because an order is sent to production it does not complete that day or B.) The ETIS site is not updated dynamically and thus shows old information.

You got nothin..... yet, I had nothin yesterday so keep the faith brother!!

I think we really need to to track SGT's car as best we can as I think that will really provide clarity in the build, QA, transportation, Delivery process. Hopefully MKZtracker will be able to provide some or all of this information for all concerned.

Agreed. I wish we had a few more to track as well. At least some movement. Is anyone who had a Feb 9th yesterday gone to production yet?

Not sure that I understand that. If a MKZ takes about 20 hours to build and it was sent to production on the 29th as SGT's was then technically the ETIS site should show that date right? But it does not it shows the 30.11.0002 date. Either A.) Just because an order is sent to production it does not complete that day or B.) The ETIS site is not updated dynamically and thus shows old information.

A BIG THANKS to mkztracker who is helping us get some up to date info that doesn't seem available even through Lincoln customer service and that most dealers don't want to be bothered with. The ETIS site is probably just not in real time.

SMSgtB; 3LN6L2LU0DR807602

XGMAN; 3ln6l2lu7dr807659

Billtkat; 3LN6L2LU5DR807868

Dedonut

Tanner83; 3LN6L2LUXDR807932

Serraph; 3LN6L2LU9DR808103

JJBKLB

Those above that wish to have your vehicle tracked post your VIN here in this thread.

Beginning Feb 4 I will post morning updates on Mon/Wed/Fri with vehicle status.

Order No Body Code VIN Vehicle Line Primary Secondary Vehicle Location Status Date / Time ETA

K111 L2L 3LN6L2LU5DR807868 Mkz In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (2013-02-09) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-25-2013 TBD

0020 L2L 3LN6L2LU7DR807659 Mkz In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (2013-02-09) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-25-2013 TBD

Z095 L2L 3LN6L2LUXDR807932 Mkz In Production Sent to Plant Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-30-2013 TBD

9242 L2L 3LN6L2LU9DR808103 Mkz In Production Sent to Plant Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-31-2013 TBD

1209 L2L 3LN6L2LU0DR807602 Mkz In Production Sent to Plant Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-29-2013 *Feb-25-2013

To

mkztracker-Thanks for going beyond the call of duty in following up the VINS as you have been

JJBKLB VIN # is 3LN6L2LU0DR808166

Thanks again in advance for adding me to the list of VINS that you have volunteered to track.

Tanner,

Check out the attachment ... I've heard this is the build day and it does coincide with the data MKZTracker has provided.

post-49255-0-76848400-1359679565_thumb.jpg

Edited by SMSgt B

Not my September order unfortunately.

Not my Aug 18th order either. I guess it pays not to rush out and order (LOL)

In fact I would love someone to explain why mine would be sent down the line after ones ordered afterwards. I did not order the ginger ale color or the seats that showed late availability either - Or maybe it is another joy of living here in the middle of nowhere Indiana ?

Edited by billtkat

Not my Aug 18th order either. I guess it pays not to rush out and order (LOL)

In fact I would love someone to explain why mine would be sent down the line after ones ordered afterwards. I did not order the ginger ale color or the seats that showed late availability either - Or maybe it is another joy of living here in the middle of nowhere Indiana ?

Well we could easily get worked up about this, (and I am getting plenty grumpy) but I'm guessing that unless ours gets delayed again, the weeks production will likely all go out after inspection together? The truth is, if I knew what I know now, I would have bought a different model car last Fall. This whole process has been ridiculous. (By the way, east coast Wash DC area here)

Edited by xgman

Yeah - I was really just being sarcastic . It seems it is all getting close and glad to hear others are getting them so I can not be too far behind. I did however learn through this process when I buy my next car I will look for something already out there before ordering. This one is for my wife, mine will be in a couple years when I replace my 03 Miata with another convertible

Hi Guys, just read this memorandum from Ford. In the article you will see a guy named Kevin Cour is mentioned. I have been working with Kevin on my car and just sent him an email in regards to whether our Pre-Orders will be affected by having to be sent off site to Flat Rock for QC. I will post any email that I receive from him if I get an answers. You probably all have seen this memorandum before but you can find it here:http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130201/OEM01/130209990/ford-adds-lincoln-mkz-inspectors-to-speed-launch#axzz2Jgh5ei9w

I don't recall someone has probably already stated this but there appears to be a corollary between when the window sticker is produced and when the car is built. The sticker seems to be produced first about seven calendar days prior to when the build date shows in ETIS. To further this premise it appears that from the sticker date to delivery takes 27 days and the delivery from the ETIS date takes about 20 days.

Ah deductive reasoning you have to love it. I wonder if I should have been a detective instead of a computer geek.

Edited by tanner83

Hi Guys, just read this memorandum from Ford. In the article you will see a guy named Kevin Cour is mentioned. I have been working with Kevin on my car and just sent him an email in regards to whether our Pre-Orders will be affected by having to be sent off site to Flat Rock for QC. I will post any email that I receive from him if I get an answers. You probably all have seen this memorandum before but you can find it here:http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130201/OEM01/130209990/ford-adds-lincoln-mkz-inspectors-to-speed-launch#axzz2Jgh5ei9w

Are you womdering if the preorders are affected by the final inspection? Didnt your sales rep read the 25th bulletin (referenced in the article) to you directly? did he read the part about their intention to perform the final inspection in mexico for preorders? Also, did you read my excerpt of the bulletin in the mkz update thread which directly addresses this question ?

I wouldnt be suprised if top lincoln brass thought it was in bad taste to provide an internal ford dealer bulletin to autonews. I wonder if your rep Kevin can get in trouble for providing that info to a journalist! : ) it seems as though lincoln would try and minimize the conversation in the media about quality issues / inspections.