2013 MKZ Tracking

Are you wondering if the preorders are affected by the final inspection? Didn't your sales rep read the 25th bulletin (referenced in the article) to you directly? did he read the part about their intention to perform the final inspection in Mexico for preorders? Also, did you read my excerpt of the bulletin in the mkz update thread which directly addresses this question ?

Good Morning Mark, so the sales person did not read me anything about the Pre-Orders being exempt from being shipped to FlatRock.... hmm that is a little suspect. I do recall now that you reminded me that in your post before you stated that Lincoln may decide to do the Pre-Orders in Mexico to not impact the overall delivery schedule, but it appeared there had not been a final decision on that. Are you saying it is definitive they will be performing QA's on Pre Orders in Mexico? Sorry if my posts are bothersome, its not a lot of fun trying to glean information from these posts because your dealership knows less than I do. Appreciate your responses and your efforts to date.

I wouldnt be suprised if top lincoln brass thought it was in bad taste to provide an internal ford dealer bulletin to autonews. I wonder if your rep Kevin can get in trouble for providing that info to a journalist! : ) it seems as though lincoln would try and minimize the conversation in the media about quality issues / inspections.

Actually I think this was an official sanctioned announcement as others were quoted in the article as well, including a VP. Not familiar with Ford's infrastructure but in most companies a VP is a pretty senior role.

im sorry i seemed annoyed in my post i thought i read your dealer shared the bulletin with you. in which case, it seemed unusual for you to introduce more ambiguity. i am bit frusterated too, so maybe my post shared that tone. excuse me!

the article didnt quote the vp, but rather said ( im paraphrasing) ...as written by Ken in the memo. not a direct quote. ken didnt provide that to autonews but rather to dealers in his memo. which kevin shared with a journalist.

Edited by markd4864

im sorry i seemed annoyed in my post i thought i read your dealer shared the bulletin with you. in which case, it seemed unusual for you to introduce more ambiguity. i am bit frusterated too, so maybe my post shared that tone. excuse me!

the article didnt quote the vp, but rather said ( im paraphrasing) ...as written by Ken in the memo. not a direct quote. ken didnt provide that to autonews but rather to dealers in his memo. which kevin shared with a journalist.

No worries my friend..... What is the status on your car is it here today?????? Are you so excited???

No status on the car that's why I'm frusterated...its late! On the article really not a big deal. There was someone who posted an article on a dealer that spent millions on his dealership awaiting the arrival of the nkz in novemeber. I'm sure he doesn't have to clear these comments with ford media relation...as kevin probably doesn't either, but still they don't seem like good press and probably don't promote the brand in the most positive way.

The Lincoln field rep I spoke to a couple days ago said he thought they had arranged in Mexico inspections to save time on "pre-orders". We'll see I guess.

Finally got my window sticker today. I wonder how long now it will sit in "inspections"?

From the news reports today, I'm guessing at least a week delay for these inspections. Maybe two, before it hits the train. On and on and on and on.....

Ford Motor Co. (F), citing shortages of its new Lincoln MKZ for the luxury brand’s worst sales month in 32 years, is funneling some of the sedans produced in Mexico through a Michigan plant for inspection to ensure quality.

Ford’s factory in Hermosillo, Mexico, which builds the MKZ as well as the Ford Fusion sedan, has fallen behind with validation processes during the ramp up of production, Tom Kowaleski, a spokesman, said yesterday in a telephone interview. The automaker is sending some new Lincolns to a factory in Flat Rock, Michigan, before they are shipped to dealers, he said.

Edited by xgman

You know I reread the memo that I read yesterday and it says this...

By using two separate locations, we are able to get more vehicles through the inspection process to get as many vehicles to dealers as quickly as possible. We have a ton of vehicles on rail cars being shipped to dealers as we speak.

I think Mark is correct is saying that only dealer stock will be shipped to Flat Rock. So I am being optimistic and betting they will do our Pre-Order's QC in Hermasillo.
For the heck of it I just got back from my dealership they had received a new MKZ v-6 fully loaded. I tell you guys we are getting a nice looking car for sure. I am going to be patient(well as best as I can be but will probably be on these forums for 20 times a day. LOL)

It's good to know we all now have stickers and see light at the end of the tunnel. For me, I just hope whomever is the highest Ebay bidder on our current car is not just a tire kicker and really plans on buying it. Once this step is complete, then I will be even more excited and impatient about our MKZ.

Edited by SMSgt B
  • Like 1

Hi Guys I spotted this over in another thread, thought I would post here. I guess at some point in time we will get a Rail Car assignment for our cars. It appears you can track the train this way...

Are you kidding? His locator thread has had 1,877 views, we should ALL track his railcar!!

In Transit - Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX906756 (Ferrocarril Mexicano S.a. De C.v. ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Jan-30-2013, 19:00 MT.

ETA Feb-15-2013.

Here are instructions that I copied from a prior post and saved to an email in case I needed it for my shipment, have seen comments from others that yes it works, so give it a try.

Here's how to track your ETTX railcar.

1. Call CSX at 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)
4. When prompted for the car number, say or key in your 6-digit ETTX car number
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.

It's good to know we all now have stickers and see light at the end of the tunner. For me, I just hope whomever is the highest Ebay bidder on our current car is not just a tire kicker and really plans on buying it. Once this step is complete, then I will be even more excited and impatient about our MKZ.

Not me yet

Not me yet

I'm confident that everyone is well ahead of me as I continue to hold out for the Multi-Contour Seats. Still no VIN or Build Date issued and despite pre-ordering in mid December I have concerns that my pre-order Lincoln Makers gift is in jeopardy as I will fall through the cracks. I did recieve confirmation email from Lincoln as others have but nothing since then.

Has anyone heard anything about the status of the Multi-Contour Seats lately?

I'm confident that everyone is well ahead of me as I continue to hold out for the Multi-Contour Seats. Still no VIN or Build Date issued and despite pre-ordering in mid December I have concerns that my pre-order Lincoln Makers gift is in jeopardy as I will fall through the cracks. I did recieve confirmation email from Lincoln as others have but nothing since then.

Has anyone heard anything about the status of the Multi-Contour Seats lately?

Some one posted earlier saying the Lincoln Maker Program has been extended. Ah found it.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52476-lincoln-makers-program-mkz-pre-orders/

yeah i converted the dealer stock to retail on 12/27 and am eligible. if you didnt receive any materials in the mail it may be because your dealer didnt upload your info into the system yet...which wouldnt preclude you from receiving the gift if you ordered in time. they contact people after they take delivery, but you could always follow up too. the prgm ran through 1/3

Hi Guys I spotted this over in another thread, thought I would post here. I guess at some point in time we will get a Rail Car assignment for our cars. It appears you can track the train this way...

Are you kidding? His locator thread has had 1,877 views, we should ALL track his railcar!!

In Transit - Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX906756 (Ferrocarril Mexicano S.a. De C.v. ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Jan-30-2013, 19:00 MT.

ETA Feb-15-2013.

Here are instructions that I copied from a prior post and saved to an email in case I needed it for my shipment, have seen comments from others that yes it works, so give it a try.

Here's how to track your ETTX railcar.

1. Call CSX at 1-800-235-2352

2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.

3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)

4. When prompted for the car number, say or key in your 6-digit ETTX car number

5. When prompted for next car say DONE.

Unfortunately the cars arent being shipped with CSX...at least of the none of the more than two dozen ive browsed. Their being shipped by either Union Pacific (1st carrier) or Northfolk Southern (2nd carrier if applicable). I know that Northfolk does not have an automated tracker any longer...but, Im not sure about Union Pacific

Edited by markd4864

A question in regards to the Lincoln extended service plan. Is anyone planning on getting this? Never owned a Lincoln before with my current Honda never felt like I needed one the car is so reliable. Thoughts???

We've never had to purchase any extra warranties on the vehicles that we owned so far. It's been a good 20years or so. Although since we're getting a panoramic roof and from what I've heard, it's going to be a nightmare to fix if it breaks. So hard to say from this point. Depends if it's a good deal or after the 4years we could buy in or not. A lot of cars nowadays are more electronics than mechanical so it will cost some what more to fix. You can't just stick in a new part and call it a day. Everything is so interconnected and dependant on each little thing to function. To each his own. If you like a peace of mind then by all means go for it. It's good to have when things does go wrong.

I had read that you can purchase a ESP as late as 1 month prior to your manufacturer warranty ending or 1000 miles prior to the warranty ending. I think I will probably end up doing that if based upon my repair schedules from the first 48000 miles. I do plan on keeping this car for a while so we shall see. Thanks for your response.

SMSgtB; 3LN6L2LU0DR807602

XGMAN; 3ln6l2lu7dr807659

Billtkat; 3LN6L2LU5DR807868

Tanner83; 3LN6L2LUXDR807932

Serraph; 3LN6L2LU9DR808103

JJBKLB; 3LN6L2LU0DR808166

Beginning Feb 4 I will post morning updates on Mon/Wed/Fri with vehicle status.

Order No Body Code VIN Vehicle Line Primary Secondary Vehicle Location Status Date / Time ETA

K111 L2L 3LN6L2LU5DR807868 Mkz In Production Sent to Plant Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-01-2013 TBD

0020 L2L 3LN6L2LU7DR807659 Mkz In Production Sent to Plant Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-01-2013 TBD

Z095 L2L 3LN6L2LUXDR807932 Mkz In Production Sent to Plant Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-30-2013 *Feb-18-2013

9242 L2L 3LN6L2LU9DR808103 Mkz In Production Sent to Plant Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-31-2013 *Mar-04-2013

1119 L2L 3LN6L2LU0DR808166 Mkz In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (2013-02-15) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-01-2013 TBD

1209 L2L 3LN6L2LU0DR807602 Mkz In Production Sent to Plant Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Jan-29-2013 *Feb-25-2013

Hi MKZ I have another VIN for you to add please from Ray Gunner seems he cannot post here but was on the lincolnforums blog. His VIN is 3LN6L2G90DR801515. Thanks much !!!

Hi MKZ I have another VIN for you to add please from Ray Gunner seems he cannot post here but was on the lincolnforums blog. His VIN is 3LN6L2G90DR801515. Thanks much !!!

Hi just relaying a message from Ray Gunner:

Tanner 83, I see on the other forum where you requested my VIN be added to the list:

Unfortunately, I'm not sure where you got that VIN, but it isn't even close to mine, which is 3LN6L2LU4DR807635

Ray Gunner

I was wondering why the original VIN# was so low, mostly every one else are in the 807-808's.

Edited by Serraph

Re:mkztracker post above (BTW thank you mark for posting the info.

Weeks ago,my dealer said that my MKZ order was to be built on Feb 11th.

Regarding the line with my order in marks post:
" "
1119 L2L 3LN6L2LU0DR808166 Mkz In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (2013-02-15) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-01-2013 TBD
So I'm clear on interpreting that line.Does this mean that the car WON'T be built on Feb 11th & instead will built on Feb 15th? Or does it mean that it will be started on the 11th & FINISHED assembly on the 15th?
& the last part,....."SO Feb-01-2013 TBD",what does the SO stand for?
Thanks again for the info.