2013 MKZ Tracking

Test away, Serraph, but you change change a sow's ear. :-)

lol not sure what that means but just going to test drive it again. The ES just really doesn't compare to the techno stuff you get from the MKZ and plus extra on the hybrid. Although the customer service is excellent so hoping if he would lower the price and we'll see. I will most probably wait for the MKZ since I ordered roughly over 4 months ago. Maybe once you get yours, you can take lots of pix so that we can all pretend we're driving ours. :)

mark

I just want to add my voice to the others in thanking you for the time you've spent of this forum helping people here.

You're a good man.

I totally agree with this. Even when you got your car, you could have been done and satisfied but you went above and beyond as a true forum mate to update us on the inner workings and status.

Thank you.

Serraph-

An old saying that you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. You can keep test driving the Fusion but it'll never be the MKZ. Keep in mind, you're going to have this car for a long time! Don't get this close and give up because you're angry. Later on, you'll wish you hadn't when you see one. :-)

Edited by Dedonut

Hello

Just signed on to this system in order to post. I have been reading all of the statements over the last few months and decided to record my experiences with this new vehicle. It has been a long time comming but two MKZs have arrived at the dealer in south Atlanta in the last week. Neither one was a pre-order but both of them are already sold. The standard 4 cylinder took a day and a half, and the hybrid took three hours. We did get to test drive the hybrid and we placed an order yesterday. When asked what to expect for delivery the salesman laughed (that was OK since we know each other). Then he said 8 to 12 weeks, and I will let you know as anything updates. He is experienced and good at tracking the cars in the Ford system because he knew which day they would arrive a week before they showed up. The recalls for reinspection are a reality because he had one car two weeks ago that came into Atlanta on the train and was then shipped back up North for quality control (that one was a pre order and the customer is mad).

Anyway, we ordered a hybrid - Ruby Red, Dune interior, several options and the price came to about 39K plus tax, tag and title. We did qualify for the "Lincoln Makers Program", the dealer accepted the pricing from USAA buyers guide, the car comes with 50K scheduled maintanence for free, the deposit was $500 and is fully refundable.

Will post again as I hear more about build and delivery times.

I'm not buy any of this yet. Not a hold, not a lift nothing. This has got to be the worst info chain of any company out there with the possible exception of Apple. Did you notice that Lincoln and Ford have a message on their main sites saying that they are not taking email due to system issues? Really??

I've spoke today to GM's, Sales managers at various dealers ll over the East Coast, Lincoln Cust Service, Supervisors at Lincoln Customer Service, Field Lincoln Reps and almost a different story at every source! It's absolutely pathetic. My GM was so upset at Lincoln today I heard him speaking to a Lincoln rep and say in a loud voice "WHY THE HELL CAN"T SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE MY CUSTOMERS F__K__G CAR IS!!!" Well at least he's trying. Every single sales manager a various dealers today expressed disgust at this situation as it is draining $ from all of the dealerships. I spoke with about 8-10 dealers and each and every one had at least one MKZ if one sort or another and most seemed unsold oddly enough.

Anyway, I have this "investigation" going to try to find out what has happened to my sidelined car since February 11. So far it is a big mystery and no one can find anything at all. It's like dealing with the CIA. I'll be so glad when this is all behind us.

All of this aside, I very much do think that we do have legitimate concerns over quality here. Compounded issues starting with the obvious first model year, then the Fusion recalls, then the many stops, delays, rumors, lack of info. It's very unsettling. If this car wasn't loaded with features, styling and specs that are hard to duplicate, many of us would come to our senses. But the truth is it has a lot to offer assuming that whatever the problems don't linger after delivery. I'd be more than a bit concerned if I was to take delivery of one of the dealer stock cars that are out there right now. They were probably made weeks and weeks ago and may or may not have the fixes or updates, but then we don't really know what they are.

Edited by xgman

Serraph-

An old saying that you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. You can keep test driving the Fusion but it'll never be the MKZ. Keep in mind, you're going to have this car for a long time! Don't get this close and give up because you're angry. Later on, you'll wish you hadn't when you see one. :-)

Ah yeah, that makes sense. Oh I was just going to test drive the ES and see what the lowest price he will agree to. Been waiting this long and so might as well go the rest of the way. Only another 1.5 week to go. Might go test drive the MKZ for once, it's apparently available. Going to give the Lincoln a call and schedule before it's sold.

The regional Lincoln rep just got back to me and told me he has a handful of slow moving cars that he has escalated and mine is one of them. You can really tell how frustrated management is with what's going on out there. They seem very embarrassed if nothing else. I'm guessing I'm still a couple weeks out then from the time that they push mine out the door. He said that they will likely try to compensate me somehow for the debacle. A lot of this sounds like incompetence in their build/inspection/delivery system to me. I don't think I'll be buying any Ford stock any time soon.

Well I really liked the Fusion Hybrid drove great, got 46.2 mpg on the way to my house to show my wife. About 20 miles one way. Unfortunately my wife hated it, said it looked cheap inside. I had planned on bringing a CMAX to show her as well, but the interior of the CMAX looks cheaper than the Fusion. Hmmm lets see next in line I think will be the Toyota Avalon hybrid, nice care, good ride, a bit more expensive than the MKZ and not as good technology but oh well!. Then I guess after that will be the Lexus ES 300h. Well looks like it will be a busy weekend.

My dealer just returned my call..... after I told him where my car was supposed to be. Says they are expecting it Monday. We will see.

I'm still hoping to start seeing the success stories start rolling in. Understand everybody has their own decisions to make. For the record, I'm still 90% on board barring any other news. For the record, I'm still 90% on board barring any other bad news.

I see my car is with the Canadian RR now. I thought someone posted a number for them to use for tracking -- If so can someone re-post it ? If so do I use the same car number I had when it left Mexico ? The ETTX number ? Been on travel the past few weeks so been out of the loop on the site so any issues on delivery anyone can catch me up on would be great

I see my car is with the Canadian RR now. I thought someone posted a number for them to use for tracking -- If so can someone re-post it ? If so do I use the same car number I had when it left Mexico ? The ETTX number ? Been on travel the past few weeks so been out of the loop on the site so any issues on delivery anyone can catch me up on would be great

The below is a CSX number but I've tracked a ETTX car that was handed off to CN and still got reporting from this number, so give it a try - good luck.

Here's how to track your ETTX railcar.

1. Call CSX at 1-800-235-2352

2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.

3. When prompted for the caricon1.png initials, say ETTX then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)

4. When prompted for the car number, say or key in your 6-digit ETTX car number

5. When prompted for next car say DONE.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

OK...once your car arrives at Markham, IL via Union Pacific, it will probably go to Flat Rock via Canadian National Railways. Here is their contact information. Once you get through to a human, just give them the "Railcar" number (for example: mine is ETTX 810011) and they will provide the scheduled departure and arrival dates/times.

Carload Service Delivery Centres

CN's Service Delivery Representatives are your connection to Operations. Whether you need reliable shipment information or assistance in moving goods, your Service Delivery Representative is here to help the team can be reached by dialing one, easy toll free number 24 hours, seven days a week.

Phone: 1-866-926-7245

Email: Service Delivery Team

Edited by SMSgt B, 15 February 2013 - 05:47 PM.

Thanks ! Just got off the phone and the car is in Battle Creek MI and should be in Flat Rock Sunday night - If true somewhere between 13-14 days in transit

13-14 days? Sheesh! What is this, the early 1900's? I guess progress is relative. That probably puts my car out at least another 3 weeks in this never ending tale.

Edited by xgman

I know impressive isn't it XG! First your cars sits for 11 days because no one knows where it is, then when they can find it, you hope it can find its way to a train that is taking the "slow boat to CHINA" so it can sit at another Ford plant. IMPRESSIVE

Meanwhile it is the 23rd, Lincoln does not know where my car is either with the mysterious "AWAITING SHIPMENT...SENT OFFSITE"...ah sent offsite I say do you know what that means? NO. Great so your telling me you don't know crap about where my car is, why my ETA on the 18th has not been met, how it will travel to Phoenix, and WHEN I WILL GET MY CAR!

No Sir, thank you for calling Lincoln!

I must be crazy to think of spending over 40K for this kind of treatment!

I waited to order my 2013 MKZ Hybrid until January. Do we know how long it is taking now from order date to delivery? I spoke to my sales person yesterday and he told me "the order has been sent to the plant by the processing team and should be built next week". Not sure if I should get my hopes up yet, it seems like some have been waiting for a very long time.

10-16 weeks from order to delivery.

So, we ordered ours January 21 and had our VIN inside of 2 weeks. Our build date on ETIS says Feb 20. I just called Lincoln (thank you for posting websites and phone numbers!) and asked for an update. I was told our car is awaiting shipment (yay!) and our ETA is March 11.

Questions: where do you find rail car assignments? Does it post on the ETIS website? When my complete vehicle info updates on ETIS, what kind of information will be there?

So, we ordered ours January 21 and had our VIN inside of 2 weeks. Our build date on ETIS says Feb 20. I just called Lincoln (thank you for posting websites and phone numbers!) and asked for an update. I was told our car is awaiting shipment (yay!) and our ETA is March 11.

Questions: where do you find rail car assignments? Does it post on the ETIS website? When my complete vehicle info updates on ETIS, what kind of information will be there?

Post a message in vehicle locator for cyber, you can request lookup once a week and follow his rules. He does it for free out of his own time.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

Well I really liked the Fusion Hybrid drove great, got 46.2 mpg on the way to my house to show my wife. Hmmm lets see next in line I think will be the Toyota Avalon hybrid, nice care, good ride, a bit more expensive than the MKZ and not as good technology but oh well!.

The latest motor trend mag evaluated the Avalon.The driver said that the front seats were so stiff that it felt like he was siting on bleachers at a game.

"These seats feel like plywood.

We have an ''06 Avalon that had comfortable seats.Looks like they got hung-up on going sporty,letting comfort go to 2nd place.

Well I really liked the Fusion Hybrid drove great, got 46.2 mpg on the way to my house to show my wife. About 20 miles one way. Unfortunately my wife hated it, said it looked cheap inside. I had planned on bringing a CMAX to show her as well, but the interior of the CMAX looks cheaper than the Fusion. Hmmm lets see next in line I think will be the Toyota Avalon hybrid, nice care, good ride, a bit more expensive than the MKZ and not as good technology but oh well!. Then I guess after that will be the Lexus ES 300h. Well looks like it will be a busy weekend.

Here is an unfavorable review from CR for the Avalon.

http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/2013/02/video-2013-toyota-avalon-offers-a-luxurious-cabin-but-not-a-lexus-ride.html

13-14 days? Sheesh! What is this, the early 1900's? I guess progress is relative. That probably puts my car out at least another 3 weeks in this never ending tale.

Like I stated before, mine took 13 days to get to Flat Rock. It takes 5 days from Mexico to Joliet, IL which is right outside Chicago. This is where the bottleneck starts because of the high rail volume which adds another 8-9 days to only go roughly 280 miles. This is the point where Lincoln/Ford should concentrate on improving their shipment process.

Edited by SMSgt B