2013 MKZ Tracking

any way to track once your car hits flat rock? I would guess it is not the same car number so do I have to hope and pray my dealer will call? I am not sure speaking to Lincoln works as the CR from Lincoln who had been calling with updates for a bit called early this week and asked if we got our car so clearly did not know the car was in flat rock

Well XG, called on your car again, since I don't have my railcar number yet....LOL It appears that it is in load status with UP in Nogales. Hopefully if everything is as I think it is, my car should be pulling into Nogales this morning.

It is 174 miles from Nogales to Phoenix, so that is about a day from what I can tell, but the key item(as evidenced by your car XG) is getting out of "load" status and back "In Transit" status. That appears to have taken you about a day so far.

SMSGT, what is the latest status on your guy's cars coming out of Flatrock, any news so far??

I have heard nothing and if they are loaded up on a car carrier, which I thought they were going to do then not sure how to track. Calling Lincoln does not work as they asked us if our car came in on 2/26 -

Bill, so far to date we have not seen any status for any of our cars that show a car carrier, except the generic one Allied Systems LTD. I did some research on Allied and they do have a 1 800 number that you can call and give your VIN to the person that answers. Two problems with this. 1. Don't know that Allied is the actual carrier. 2. Don't know if they are set up to do this for many as I got the feeling she was doing me a favor in checking.

From the head of national sales:

First, your vehicle will be shipped directly from the plant to the dealer and not via Flat Rock. We have an expedited shipping plan to reduce the time getting the vehicles to the dealers.

I don't know if this applies to all on ramp now or just a few stuck ones or everyone from now on. I'm on the East Coast by the way.

Thank you. Since you have direct comms with him, can you ask him to post here just once with where the current production to delivery process is as of nopw, his future QA improvement process/methodology and an update for those of us with VINs without preferential handling, please?

SMSGT, what is the latest status on your guy's cars coming out of Flatrock, any news so far??

Dealer stated they got an email stating my car either left/or about to leave yesterday so they expect it sometime this week.

Edited by SMSgt B

Here's how to track your ETTX railcar.

1. Call CSX at 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)
4. When prompted for the car number, say or key in your 6-digit ETTX car number
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.

Mine has to go all the way to Maryland and the trains randomly stop for days at a time for whatever reason along the way. My FORD stated ETA is 3/16. I think it will take very bit of that and maybe a few more since there are so many stop and wait stops along the way. But at least it's in the good old USA and on the way East.

Tanner, if it's going to be 2-3 days per state, I'm in for a long wait to get to Maryland. I think it goes through Chicago hub.

Edited by xgman
  • Like 1

Thank you. Since you have direct comms with him, can you ask him to post here just once with where the current production to delivery process is as of nopw, his future QA improvement process/methodology and an update for those of us with VINs without preferential handling, please?

A couple of us have unloaded our gripes and thoughts on them via email and they seem to take it as constructive criticism, but I can't get any more out of them than that. Since the cars are moving, they referred me down the line again. The best resource I have found in your dealers local Ford rep for your dealers region if your dealer will give you their contact info. I doubt any Ford management would admit to reading even the Ford sponsored forum. Same with companies like Apple. You can only get so far.

A couple of us have unloaded our gripes and thoughts on them via email and they seem to take it as constructive criticism, but I can't get any more out of them than that. Since the cars are moving, they referred me down the line again. The best resource I have found in your dealers local Ford rep for your dealers region if your dealer will give you their contact info. I doubt any Ford management would admit to reading even the Ford sponsored forum. Same with companies like Apple. You can only get so far.

Who is "them?" Head of national ford sales, Czuby? If I had any luck with the dealer, regional rep or CS, I would'nt be bugging you on this forum. Mkztracker stopped yesterday and I am looking for another resource.

Who is "them?" Head of national ford sales, Czuby? If I had any luck with the dealer, regional rep or CS, I would'nt be bugging you on this forum. Mkztracker stopped yesterday and I am looking for another resource.

see your PM

So I got antsy and called my dealer today. He doesn't have anything to report and from his check a few days ago, he said they were inspecting it. I don't know what to believe. I have an ETA date of 3-3 but I doubt it will be here within the week. Those ETA dates are invalid. Since some one said they have released the MKZ since Fri and trucking here would probably take 3-5 days unless they go by rails. Even a phone call to CR yields nothing. They took down my info ( mail/phone) and said will check back with me in a week. That doesn't sound very optimistic at all. Like most of every one's ETA, dates have pass and long gone by. Although CR did assured me that I will receive my car by end of this month.

Edited by Serraph

WooHoo!!!

Z095 L2L 3LN6L2LUXDR807932 Mkz In Transit Load FerroMex 8:55 pm 1 MAR 13Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Mar-2-2013, *Feb-18-2013.... Move that rail car over XG, my train is coming through!!!!

Alrighty, we are making progress..... ETTX 860123 arrived Nogales, SO at 3:55am today. Come on choo choo, Daddy needs a new car!!!