2013 MKZ Tracking

...but I could really care less how many cars they assemble. What I do care about is the car they assembled for me. ...

You do care how many cars they assemble, because if they only assembled yours, you couldn't afford it...

Yeah, it sucks you have to wait, but they are concerned about quality more than anything else, so that should help.

So

Well just my impression Kirby, but I could really care less how many cars they assemble. What I do care about is the car they assembled for me. Suggest you start at page 1 of this forum and read the experiences of myself and others, and then if you still want to say that this giant cluster*** means that ford knows what they are doing go to the next forum about Hybrid Titaniums and start at page one and read through all of those. Course that is just my opinion and we are entitled to our own.

Have a good one.

I don't doubt that they are trying hard, but I have to admit some of the long waits for cars, in particular cars that show statuses that really ought to have been delivered, are disturbing. If it's a matter of the system being updated properly to show real statuses or an actual problem with delivery, something needs to be done to clean up the pipe from factory to customer. I'm sure it is slowly getting better, or at least the positive side of me believes that; but even that doesn't minimize the rather large negative impact it is having on an important restart to the brand.

You do care how many cars they assemble, because if they only assembled yours, you couldn't afford it...

Yeah, it sucks you have to wait, but they are concerned about quality more than anything else, so that should help.

True, but that is taking Tanner's statement to a ridiculous extreme. He has a valid reason for his frustration. Of course he wants enough to be built to keep the price in his range, but that doesn't negate the fact that the delivery of these cars to date has been abysmal at best and good information doesn't seem to be equally flowing to all customers attempting to track their orders. I have yet to reach Tanner's levels of waiting, patience or frustration and honestly, I hope I don't reach them, but I feel that his frustration is very valid considering his wait, to date.

Edited by galangg

As far as I'm concerned anyone who defends this mess is either a diehard fanboy, works for Ford, or is just looking to stir up trouble. You guys will get no sympathy in this thread. This situation is disturbing. Quite frankly what is more disturbing is that we still are going to buy them! I don't really feel like arguing this point anymore with anyone. I'm too pissed off, and I'm certainly not alone! Remember people like Tanner and myself have been waiting for 6 months when it was promised in a matter of weeks, and contrary to Fords rhetoric, the overall situation hasn't really improved much as of today. Done with the rant.

Edited by xgman

As far as I'm concerned anyone who defends this mess is either a diehard fanboy, works for Ford, or is just looking to stir up trouble. You guys will get no sympathy in this thread. This situation is disturbing. Quite frankly what is more disturbing is that we still are going to buy them! I don't really feel like arguing this point anymore with anyone. I'm too pissed off, and I'm certainly not alone! Remember people like Tanner and myself have been waiting for 6 months when it was promised in a matter of weeks, and contrary to Fords rhetoric, the overall situation hasn't really improved much as of today. Done with the rant.

Yeah, I do really feel badly for those that have had to wait all these months and am amazed, though not surprised at you staying. I'm staying, because the car is just better than others at the same price point. I haven't waited for even close to the time they have waited, but I'll stick it out, much like they have.

I really hope I can see pictures of your car soon xg. You too Tanner!

I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm not defending it. Sure, it sucks, but if you ordered 6 months ago, I'll bet you lunch that Ford didn't promise your car in a matter of weeks (unless it was something to the tune of 30 weeks). Seriously, you have to expect this stuff. It's a brand new car, on a new platform, with a lot of new technology. That's what drew you to the car. You should expect delays. Probably not 6 months, but some delay is understandable.

It really sucks to be you guys that are waiting, and I'm glad I'm not in your shoes. Have you shopped around for one on the lot similar to what you have on order?

I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm not defending it. Sure, it sucks, but if you ordered 6 months ago, I'll bet you lunch that Ford didn't promise your car in a matter of weeks (unless it was something to the tune of 30 weeks). Seriously, you have to expect this stuff. It's a brand new car, on a new platform, with a lot of new technology. That's what drew you to the car. You should expect delays. Probably not 6 months, but some delay is understandable.

It really sucks to be you guys that are waiting, and I'm glad I'm not in your shoes. Have you shopped around for one on the lot similar to what you have on order?

Ordered Sep 28. They promised late Fall, then Dec, then Jan, then Feb. Well I'm not looking at mid March. Yes I shopped 30 dealers all over the east coast and more and I couldn't find a like kind car. Like the car. Don't like the way the company has handles this (or the numerous Fusion/Esacpe recalls last year)

Yes I shopped 30 dealers all over the east coast and more and I couldn't find a like kind car.

Then that should tell you something about the difficulty with getting the car. I agree, it sucks, but with the issues that cropped up, they're between a rock and a hard place.

Then that should tell you something about the difficulty with getting the car. I agree, it sucks, but with the issues that cropped up, they're between a rock and a hard place.

I think we all understand that issues can and will crop up, especially with a new car with new technology. I believe that a great deal of the frustration might have been alleviated with far better communication and statuses available for tracking along the way. As it stands, for some people, it has been a herculean effort to get timely and accurate information about vehicles. Sometimes, it even seems the information that is given is just plain wrong. Couple this with the experiences of calling a customer rep or dealer who has no clue how to check on things and it's a recipe for the levels of frustration and anger you can feel coming off the posts here. I never discount the fact that the process is new and thus fraught with all kinds of errors simply because it's new, but there are a number of things that could have made things far bearable that are not being done for people and that isn't really excusable.

I think we all understand that issues can and will crop up, especially with a new car with new technology. I believe that a great deal of the frustration might have been alleviated with far better communication and statuses available for tracking along the way. As it stands, for some people, it has been a herculean effort to get timely and accurate information about vehicles. Sometimes, it even seems the information that is given is just plain wrong. Couple this with the experiences of calling a customer rep or dealer who has no clue how to check on things and it's a recipe for the levels of frustration and anger you can feel coming off the posts here. I never discount the fact that the process is new and thus fraught with all kinds of errors simply because it's new, but there are a number of things that could have made things far bearable that are not being done for people and that isn't really excusable.

The order tracking process has never been a good process. That part, I really don't understand why they can't make it better or more efficient. Go to a website, plug in a VIN, and get tracking and status information. Seems pretty simple, but I have a feeling that there is some reason that Ford doesn't want that information that accessible. They want to avoid the "WHY IS MY CAR STUCK IN QC FOR 2 WEEKS?" questions, even though the system now doesn't help any.

Congrats and hopefully mine is on the same truck heading next to Tampa ... drive like a bandit damnit!!! BTW, CS still thinks my car in still in inspection.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if yours was on the same truck. Mine got off at Sweetwater, TN, which is right on I-75m headed to FL.

If this experience has taught me anything, it is not to have blind faith in CS.

OK XG, just got the call. Looks like I have an appointment to pick up my car at 2pm on Monday.

We shall see. Interesting story, so as I was saying earlier, I went down to the railhead auto yard yesterday and there was a car hauler loading like 5 or 6 MKZ's and I said " Hey be careful with those, one might be mine and he started laughing and said really?? I said no I don't see mine, and he was like well is your car here in the lot? I said yes supposedly but I cannot see it from here. I said, but where are those headed. He said oh I have a long drive to San Diego tonight. I was thinking why did these cars come to Phoenix instead of San Diego, surely they have a rail head there?

I started rolling on the floor laughing my A** off. Great point man! In fact when I read this I thought, so thats why I can't go buy a Tesla!!

I've read all of the Fusion and MKZ threads. I know the issues. I'm not defending anything Ford has done with either of these launches. The launches are abysmal failures no matter how you look at it. The only positive is that they seem to be committed to fixing the problems before they ship the MKZ so at least by the time the cars show up they should be ok (if not then that will also be a failure). Communication from Ford has also been terrible. Nobody here is arguing differently.

HOWEVER...........I've been through these types of things many times in my 26 year IT career. These vehicles were simply pushed out too quickly before they were ready. The plant wasn't ready. The engineering wasn't ready. The suppliers weren't ready. The transportation wasn't ready. The processes were not ready.

It's not because Ford suddenly forgot how to build cars. They just got way too aggressive with the schedule. Once they pulled the plug on the old model and started building the new ones they were totally committed and there was no going back. Then they started having problems - one after the other. It's like whack-a-mole - you fix one problem and another one crops up. You think you have everything fixed and you're all ready to go and something else breaks. Now you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Dealers are losing money because they don't have cars to sell. Customers are upset because they're waiting and waiting. Ford is working as hard as possible to get the cars out.

That's all I'm saying.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if yours was on the same truck. Mine got off at Sweetwater, TN, which is right on I-75m headed to FL.

If this experience has taught me anything, it is not to have blind faith in CS.

Did they give you an ETA? Mine said in transit also from Flatrock. Dealership says anyday but I think he just said that to shut me up? I live in CT

No ETA as of yet. My dealer still hasn't given me the weekly updates yet but I'm sure I will get an email soon as I post this. They have been pretty good so far. My best guess should be by the end of the week. Takes about 2 days to prep the car. Good luck every one. Remember to post pics.

OK XG, just got the call. Looks like I have an appointment to pick up my car at 2pm on Monday.

We shall see. Interesting story, so as I was saying earlier, I went down to the railhead auto yard yesterday and there was a car hauler loading like 5 or 6 MKZ's and I said " Hey be careful with those, one might be mine and he started laughing and said really?? I said no I don't see mine, and he was like well is your car here in the lot? I said yes supposedly but I cannot see it from here. I said, but where are those headed. He said oh I have a long drive to San Diego tonight. I was thinking why did these cars come to Phoenix instead of San Diego, surely they have a rail head there?

Many pictures! :) And congrats!

I've read all of the Fusion and MKZ threads. I know the issues. I'm not defending anything Ford has done with either of these launches. The launches are abysmal failures no matter how you look at it. The only positive is that they seem to be committed to fixing the problems before they ship the MKZ so at least by the time the cars show up they should be ok (if not then that will also be a failure). Communication from Ford has also been terrible. Nobody here is arguing differently.

HOWEVER...........I've been through these types of things many times in my 26 year IT career. These vehicles were simply pushed out too quickly before they were ready. The plant wasn't ready. The engineering wasn't ready. The suppliers weren't ready. The transportation wasn't ready. The processes were not ready.

It's not because Ford suddenly forgot how to build cars. They just got way too aggressive with the schedule. Once they pulled the plug on the old model and started building the new ones they were totally committed and there was no going back. Then they started having problems - one after the other. It's like whack-a-mole - you fix one problem and another one crops up. You think you have everything fixed and you're all ready to go and something else breaks. Now you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Dealers are losing money because they don't have cars to sell. Customers are upset because they're waiting and waiting. Ford is working as hard as possible to get the cars out.

That's all I'm saying.

That is fair enough Kirby, and I don't disagree with your assessment. I am in IT myself

Edited by tanner83

Looks like there is some type of new "process" when you call into LCS and ask for an update on your car -

they take all kinds of information from you to verify that you are the person associated with a custom order; (Dealership, dealer name, dealer number, order, number, personal phone number, home address, etc.)

If any of this doesn't match - they wont help you -

+ even after all that info is confirmed - they take an email address and another phone number to circle back to you ...

apparently another individual responds to your request for status later on - after some arbitrary waiting time!

that's a new generation of concierge service alright!

HUH?

<shake head>

John

Looks like there is some type of new "process" when you call into LCS and ask for an update on your car -

they take all kinds of information from you to verify that you are the person associated with a custom order; (Dealership, dealer name, dealer number, order, number, personal phone number, home address, etc.)

If any of this doesn't match - they wont help you -

+ even after all that info is confirmed - they take an email address and another phone number to circle back to you ...

apparently another individual responds to your request for status later on - after some arbitrary waiting time!

that's a new generation of concierge service alright!

HUH?

<shake head>

John

I had to provide some of that information, but not all. Once I was confirmed as the person they should be talking to, they were able to give me my PIN, but I was never contacted *after the fact*. I stayed on the phone and was able to ask a lot of questions and get them mostly answered right then. I was then promised by that particular rep that contact would be made when statuses changed and that they would contact me the following day with some of the items they needed to go research. I was contacted the next day with the extra information. I'll be calling proactively next week just to be sure that I'm getting up-to-date information, but so far I haven't really had to wait. This information is in additional to the stuff I'm getting from my sales person.

What concerns me is that there are such diverse stories about the experience with the customer reps.

I had to provide some of that information, but not all. Once I was confirmed as the person they should be talking to, they were able to give me my PIN, but I was never contacted *after the fact*. I stayed on the phone and was able to ask a lot of questions and get them mostly answered right then. I was then promised by that particular rep that contact would be made when statuses changed and that they would contact me the following day with some of the items they needed to go research. I was contacted the next day with the extra information. I'll be calling proactively next week just to be sure that I'm getting up-to-date information, but so far I haven't really had to wait. This information is in additional to the stuff I'm getting from my sales person.

What concerns me is that there are such diverse stories about the experience with the customer reps.

Apparently the process has just changed in the last 5-6 days .... last saturday I called and got a status update in a matter of minutes with no fuss!

I called today as well and the guy asked me who i was working with and I said no one. He took my info and said Lincoln was assigning people to personally track things down. Then he said he would be in touch with me in a week to give me an update... a week??? seriously??? that is not customer service.

I will share my experience with Customer Service. The first time I called I was flat out told that this kind of information (i.e. where's my car) was not available through LCS. He said that I had been mis-informed (and that I could not rely on anything said on this forum). That was that. I did end up calling again with Dedonut's suggestion to try to talk to someone in sales... the person I spoke with echoed the sentiment that they don't have that information, but instead of bluntly ending the call he did take my VIN and said he'd call me back after doing some "research". He did call back a half hour later to tell me that he was personally assigning himself to take care of my issues (now we're getting somewhere). Then... the disappointment... he said it might take a while to build my car depending on the options I picked, "like the MultiContour seats". I told him I actually knew my car was built a month ago (my window sticker said 02/08/2013).... nice "research"... awkward for him and upsetting for me. "Well, I am personally going to take care of your concerns and I will call you back on March 22nd to update you on where your car is"... so my first guy wasn't friendly or helpful. The second was friendly but not helpful. I just hope these people are going to be helpful if there are issues with the cars down the road (though I'm sure there won't be with these elaborate inspections).

Tanner... you didn't see any black cars with black rims on that car hauler to San Diego, did you?

Dedonut... I live in the Palm Springs area where just about all of us are transplanted from somewhere... so never have been a Chargers fan... Ravens fan from the get go... hope to celebrate our Super Bowl win with a new MKZ... soon?