2013 MKZ Tracking

RJ would you have any opportunity to take a picture of these coupons, as many on this thread did not receive these. Perhaps there is something special that we don't have, but if that is not that case and is an oversight I could sure use 750 to 1500 extra dollars!!

ScreenShot2013-03-30at73935AM.png

ScreenShot2013-03-30at74935AM.png

Here's the rebate that came in the Wednesday mail. The fine print says that A/D/Z plans are ineligible. The X-plan was not excluded. We've received similar things over the years so the timing just worked out on this one. The other $750 rebate was applied by the dealer and we never saw anything about it except the resulting lower price.

As far as the delivery vs order dates, we ordered a hybrid, Reserve package, bordeaux reserve paint, hazelnut interior, no pano roof, no THX radio, no multi-contour seats, no rear seat airbags, with Technology package. Our order date avoided the Flat Rock inspections so the build to delivery was 16 days total (12 Mar to 28 Mar) from factory to eastern NC. LCS called to tell us of its arrival while we were on our test drive so they were in the loop.

Also, any orders placed prior to 28 Feb qualify for the Lincoln Makers Program. However, our dealer found that enrollment was not automatic. They had to call the Lincoln rep to get us entered. Others may experience the same issue.

Here's the rebate that came in the Wednesday mail. The fine print says that A/D/Z plans are ineligible. The X-plan was not excluded. We've received similar things over the years so the timing just worked out on this one. The other $750 rebate was applied by the dealer and we never saw anything about it except the resulting lower price.

As far as the delivery vs order dates, we ordered a hybrid, Reserve package, bordeaux reserve paint, hazelnut interior, no pano roof, no THX radio, no multi-contour seats, no rear seat airbags, with Technology package. Our order date avoided the Flat Rock inspections so the build to delivery was 16 days total (12 Mar to 28 Mar) from factory to eastern NC. LCS called to tell us of its arrival while we were on our test drive so they were in the loop.

Also, any orders placed prior to 28 Feb qualify for the Lincoln Makers Program. However, our dealer found that enrollment was not automatic. They had to call the Lincoln rep to get us entered. Others may experience the same issue.

No wonder this will be my last Ford/Lincoln product I purchased.

Am I missing something on this link you posted? I only see guidelines for special pricing eligibility (azxd plans)....nothing about incentives...

I was just showing the plans that qualify for the rebate. If anyone is on one of these plans call for the rebates. I don't think anyone else can use them. If someone figures out how to get a rebate without any xyz plan, please post.

otherwise here is the rebate details below. What it is saying is there is also a rebate if you own an non Ford product and upgrade to a Ford/Lincoln as an incentive. I used that on the Escape a couple months back. Only Fords left now so no rebate for me.

http://autos.aol.com/cars-Lincoln-MKZ+Hybrid-2013/incentives/

Edited by xgman

Ford has moved a lot of the national incentives they used to offer to the local dealer associations and those aren't necessarily shown on the Ford website. This is where that FDFA advertising fee gets used. It allows local dealers to target different vehicles at different times based on local demands. Mine had an extra $750 available that wasn't advertised. This is why you really have to check with the dealer to see what Vincent says is available for your specific vehicle.

Thanks RJ, I have called the dealership and they are checking on this as we speak. To confirm your dealership accepted these coupons, and you were on a X Plan correct?

Thanks RJ, I have called the dealership and they are checking on this as we speak. To confirm your dealership accepted these coupons, and you were on a X Plan correct?

Tanner,

It looks like you also have to insert a customer ID that is on the coupon along with that code in Vincent. Make the pic large so you can read the find print.

Edited by SMSgt B

Yes- X plan was accepted. A,D, and Z plans were not - whatever they're for.. I've received many of the incentive cards over the years, but this the only one I've used. I don't know what triggers them, but my wife may have filled out an interest card at our state fair in Oct '12.

Yes- X plan was accepted. A,D, and Z plans were not - whatever they're for.. I've received many of the incentive cards over the years, but this the only one I've used. I don't know what triggers them, but my wife may have filled out an interest card at our state fair in Oct '12.

Ok so according to the dealership neither rebate is valid for me since I took delivery on the 11th of March. According to them the national rebate took effect on the 15th and the other one took effect on the 25th. NO RETROACTIVE!!!

What a freaking joke!

So the answer will be the same for me, too. I took delivery on 02/22

Ok so according to the dealership neither rebate is valid for me since I took delivery on the 11th of March. According to them the national rebate took effect on the 15th and the other one took effect on the 25th. NO RETROACTIVE!!
  • Like 1

Well since I'm not on any of these so called X whatever plans, I wouldn't qualify anyway, but, I really got at least an additional $1500 off anyway, as a pre-order person, the way it worked out, but I do think Lincoln should offer everyone the same rebates period. It's kind of crazy the way it is. If you are going to get an employee discount so be it, but rebates are something else.

Well since I'm not on any of these so called X whatever plans, I wouldn't qualify anyway, but, I really got at least an additional $1500 off anyway, as a pre-order person, the way it worked out, but I do think Lincoln should offer everyone the same rebates period. It's kind of crazy the way it is. If you are going to get an employee discount so be it, but rebates are something else.

$1500 off after you already negotiated a price back in 2012 or just off MSRP total?

Rebates??? or courtesy incentive??? Anyone else see these?

edit: I think it is for certain programs and ford employees:

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Incentives

National Incentives Affinity Expires

Bonus Cash LM US * A/X/Z/D-Plan Customer Cash Lincoln Mercury National
$750 Cash Back
04/01/13

Competitive Bonus Incentives Expires

Bonus Cash Lincoln US Ford Conquest Direct Offer Lincoln Mercury National
$750 Cash Back
05/15/13

I saw no incentives until these.

I spent most of Saturday afternoon at a Lexus dealership. I left a letter with my salesman indicating I wasn't pleased with the Luxury Experience so far and the information flowing from LCS being different than his information. On Monday he called to tell me that my car was to be built on Tuesday. On Wednesday, I got confirmation from LCS that the VIN I had been using to track my car was in fact correct and my car was already built and "Awaiting Shipment", whatever that status really means. I specifically wrote a letter so as to be sure to convey everything I needed to without interruption. The letter got no response from my salesman. He did not call me afterwards, so I am looking at other options now. With all the confusion surrounding this launch and cars being "lost", "found" and not delivered on any reasonable schedule, I no longer feel any excitement to the car I ordered. I still think the car looks great, but this flawed from the start ordering process does not come close to the Luxury Experience I anticipated.

Sure, I know that this is new and it might take time for the process to work the kinks out, but I honestly am not sure that I can believe anything coming from Lincoln at this point. I would be much more forgiving if I were told "I don't know" rather than guesses. I would be much more forgiving if I were told, you won't be able to take delivery of your car for 3 months, rather than a far more aggressive delivery date. Though the LCS Rep I've dealt with has been nice and my salesman has been nice (except when he told me to relax after I expressed concern over the differing stories I was getting), nice is not enough. I've been promised calls that I never got. I've had to do the tracking myself and only gotten calls when I've specifically demanded it.

• Like 1

Note the date on this is 04/01/13.

http://thepointdaily.com/ford-motor-company-nysef-working-hard-to-develop-a-self-driving-car/128528/

But sitting idle in showrooms? Sitting idle…but in Hermosillo and Flat Rock. That explains the drop in revenue!

We will be getting/hearing the March sales numbers pretty soon .... that should be an indicator of how things are progressing ...

Unfortunately, it may not be until the April sales numbers come out that a clearer focus on the "success" of the car can really be assessed.

Was it me - or did this article not have any real "meat" behind it ....?

John

Was it me - or did this article not have any real "meat" behind it ....?

John

No, I think you're right, John. I find it curious that the car magazines and all other media seem to be laying off the big Ford mess re: launch of the 2013 MKZ. Even the business news where I follow the market and Ford stock isn't talking about it. Someone's doing a heck of a job getting them to lay off. And I notice the Lincoln TV ads have fired up again.

$1500 off after you already negotiated a price back in 2012 or just off MSRP total?

extra cash incl the "sorry" cash, the $700 Amexco card (instead of the hotel) and the $100 card. Aside from that it was about $3k off the msrp.

Edited by xgman