This might be the one!

elle

I am inches away from closing a deal on this car. Will be driving to Carmax tonight to see what they are willing to give me on my Prius and if I like what I hear I will head from there to the Ford dealer. Drove this one on my lunch break today, she is as sweet as they come.

http://tinyurl.com/by74v7e

I do not mind telling you that I will be very happy to have this all behind me! Let's hope it goes down today the way I want it to.

I know! Honestly, at this point I would take any of those three colors. I really do love them all. And I didn't think i'd like the dune interior, but I do. This one also has the blind spot detection and after the test drive I'm thinking it's a must have, as well. I texted the salesperson there and asked him to go ahead and draw up the paperwork. It should be mine by the end of the day :)

Thinking of bailing on the Ti trim as well ... given how Ford keeps stringing this along.

Mayhaps I'll branch out again to other makes and models.

Underwhelmed with Ford's roll put and communication ....

Yeah, i was okay with all of it until they decided to remove the dual exhaust and then when they put the Energis ahead of the Titaniums it was the icing on the cake. That was pretty unfortunate. They don't care, of course. They didn't lose a customer and probably did better selling me the one I'm going to end up with. I will say that I like the full leather seats rather than the "leather trim" the Titaniums were going to have.

Edited by elle

I will say that I like the full leather seats rather than the "leather trim" the Titaniums were going to have.

What do you mean by full leather seats?

SE Luxury/SE Luxury Hybrid – leather-trimmed, heated, 10-way power driver's seat with three memory settings, power lumbar and two-way power passenger seat with power recline

• Titanium – sport-stitched, leather-trimmed, heated, 10-way power driver's seat with three memory settings, power lumbar and two-way power passenger seat with power recline

Hmmm ... didn't realize there was such a difference.

And I am more partial to the SE interior and wheel options.

And I was gonna nix the spoiler.

I do still dig the Sony radio, push button start, intelligent access, ambient lighting....

Choices - choices.

My pang of anger and frustrated seems to have abated some. I will keep waiting a few more weeks to see if the Ti hybrids start getting scheduled.

As you and many others know - a similarly equipped SE is a damn fine car.

I am inches away from closing a deal on this car. Will be driving to Carmax tonight to see what they are willing to give me on my Prius and if I like what I hear I will head from there to the Ford dealer. Drove this one on my lunch break today, she is as sweet as they come.

http://tinyurl.com/by74v7e

I do not mind telling you that I will be very happy to have this all behind me! Let's hope it goes down today the way I want it to.

That's the color I got with the Dune interior....love it.

What do you mean by full leather seats?

SE Luxury/SE Luxury Hybrid – leather-trimmed, heated, 10-way power driver's seat with three memory settings, power lumbar and two-way power passenger seat with power recline

• Titanium – sport-stitched, leather-trimmed, heated, 10-way power driver's seat with three memory settings, power lumbar and two-way power passenger seat with power recline

The seats in the car I drove today look like they are entirely leather; the ones I've seen in pictures for the hybrid look like leather and cloth combination. Maybe I need to take another look, or maybe Ford has made some changes in the seats since mine was built. Regardless, they are lovely.

I think the Ti seats are full leather too. They look a tad facier than SE but everybody in the family loves the SE seats, especially the warmers (which may not be popular in CA...).

Car looks great! I hope you get it.

Love the clear interior but for me, after 3 cars with clear leather interiors, it was time to get black a change (which I am enjoying too).

Well, it's sitting in the driveway. If it were not dark, I would take pictures. Those will have to wait.

The seats are definitely full leather, not trim.

The stereo is amazing. I can't imagine what the extra could have possibly bought me in terms of an upgrade.

In addition to the luxury package, the rear camera and the backup sensors, which were on my original order, this one also has:

Adaptive Cruise

Driver Assist (with BLIS)

18 inch luxury wheels.

Navigation.

I do love the BLIS and used it already to merge into a tight spot I never would have attempted in my Prius this evening. The adaptive cruise I sort of wanted anyway. The nav and the wheels, well, the 18 inch wheels are nicer than the stock ones.

Haven't driven it that much, but it handles very nicely and was whisper quiet on the freeway.

So far I am in awe of the thing. Can't wait to play with it some more tomorrow. For tonight I'll be reading up on all the controls. There is soo much that it does and I feel I need to learn how to drive all over again.

Congratulations! Good move. When did you first start everything - place your original order?

I originally ordered an SE hybrid back in October. Then decided to upgrade to the Titanium in early November. Been waiting for those to get into production ever since.

I'd been kicking myself recently for not staying with the first order but, really, the one I finally ended up with is much nicer, with more features, and I'm not unhappy with it at all.

Wow! Great job, elle! That was the color I was originally going to get. And you got the adaptive cruise and the driver assist package, which I didn't originally feel we needed, but now wish we had ordered. Of course, being the hybrid, you're going to be getting way better mileage than my turbo 2 liter. That dune leather is very tasty, too.

I'll still beat you in a drag race. Anytime, anywhere.

Congrats Elle! It looks great and very luxurious. That is what the Titanium Hybrid should have been. In some small way I wish I would have waited for my titanium hybrid order more because of the push button start and intelligent access, but I saved over $3000 (by the time i changed out the ugly titanium rims lol) and the appearance package is a nice upgrade for me. My partners kids and even his 83 year old grandmother like the red stitched seats, and everyone loves the Ruby red. Got my first complement on the car from a couple going out to breakfast Sunday morning :)

Edited by lmp180psu

I think the Ti seats are full leather too. They look a tad facier than SE but everybody in the family loves the SE seats, especially the warmers (which may not be popular in CA...).

Nope, just seating surfaces.........but really it doesn't matter as today's synthetics are in many ways better than leather. Everything but where you sit is synthetic.

You'd have to step way up the food chain to find any car with full leather seating - it's not cost effective & offers little.

I do love the BLIS and used it already to merge into a tight spot I never would have attempted in my Prius this evening. The adaptive cruise I sort of wanted anyway. The nav and the wheels, well, the 18 inch wheels are nicer than the stock ones.

First - congrats!

Yep, BLIS is almost mandatory - visibility to the rear isn't the best in these cars & the BLIS makes up for it.............plus you don't have those ugly (IMHO) little mirror portions.

Think the BLIS is good, wait until you use the adaptive.........that will spoil you fast. :)

Sweet! I had a 2000 Lincoln LS in Autumn Red which is almost the same color. So when someone asks what color it is, do you just say Bordeaux Red, Red, Maroon or Burgundy? I always said mine was dark red but my wife vehemently disagreed. To her it's not red unless it's fire engine red. She did agree that Ruby Red is red so at least I'm ok for the the next several years.

Thanks, everyone, for the comments. I am excited to be driving it to work today!

Sweet! I had a 2000 Lincoln LS in Autumn Red which is almost the same color. So when someone asks what color it is, do you just say Bordeaux Red, Red, Maroon or Burgundy? I always said mine was dark red but my wife vehemently disagreed. To her it's not red unless it's fire engine red. She did agree that Ruby Red is red so at least I'm ok for the the next several years.

I either say dark red or deep maroon, sometimes I say dark burgundy. I'm glad your wife agrees that Ruby Red is red!