2013 Fusion Titanum Order Nightmare!

I placed an order for a loaded 2013 Titanium FWD in mid-October and was told it would be delivered around Christmas. Time came and I was informed that there was a recall on the Fusions, and no special orders would be delivered until the recall was fixed at the factory. My already built car sat on the lot in Mexico until mid-January when it was repaired at the factory and sent back to the delivery lot.

It's now been awaiting delivery since mid-January with no ETA. I get this same update from a customer care rep every one to two weeks:

Good afternoon I just wanted to follow up and let you know at this time I am still not showing any change in the status of the vehicle. I will follow up again in two more weeks.

Thank you,

Krystal Preston

Worthless...

I've been extending my current lease every month, and it's such a pain to deal with. Anyone have any idea who I can contact to get some real answers on what is going on with this??

Edited by suttonb1

There are several threads on this here on the forum, many were affected by this back in October/November and your dealer should have offered to order you another... probably a good move to go back to your dealer and request that they order another of the same and have them ask the regional manager to get it the highest priority possible, as who knows when your first order will arrive (though one on here with a build date of Oct 19th just received his last week)... so read up on the threads in the Fusion area and best to have the dealer order another.

• 1 month later...

Ask the dealer to set up a meeting with the Zone Manager. As him to look into it. They have the power to escalate and find where your car is. They can have the car pulled and shipped, that is if it has been built and the order is complete.

Ask the dealer to set up a meeting with the Zone Manager. As him to look into it. They have the power to escalate and find where your car is. They can have the car pulled and shipped, that is if it has been built and the order is complete.

Hermans, they arent going to set up an individual meeting with the Zone Manager....seriously.....they can call him and ask him to look into it....his timetable wouldnt allow for him to cater to a sole individual...and doubtful at this stage he can do anything other than give answers...and even those may not satisfy the individual...

Exactly. Most of those whose original orders are in TBD hell reordered and they have received or will be getting them very soon. I would definitely see if someone will reorder if you still want the car.

Im not defending, but in my experience when a top to bottom new car is initially released, EXPECT delays, nature of the beast until production is fully ramped up...

Forget the Ford Zone Manager as he/she can do nothing about expediting delivery of delayed Fusions. I deal with our Ford Zone Manager every month for our "wholesale" allocation meetings and other matters and just met with him again earlier this week. We have a 2013 Fusion SE with the 6-Speed Manual Transmission that was ordered for a retail customer and has been awaiting shipment now for exactly a month. The Ford representative told us that he couldn't do anything and that we should try to dealer trade for one. The manual transmission Fusion is restricted to retail factory orders only. Dealers are not allowed to order them for stock! Ironically, we had another manual transmission Fusion that was ordered for another retail customer at about the same time that experienced no shipping delays. Go Further. Go Figure!

Forget the Ford Zone Manager as he/she can do nothing about expediting delivery of delayed Fusions. I deal with our Ford Zone Manager every month for our "wholesale" allocation meetings and other matters and just met with him again earlier this week. We have a 2013 Fusion SE with the 6-Speed Manual Transmission that was ordered for a retail customer and has been awaiting shipment now for exactly a month. The Ford representative told us that he couldn't do anything and that we should try to dealer trade for one. The manual transmission Fusion is restricted to retail factory orders only. Dealers are not allowed to order them for stock! Ironically, we had another manual transmission Fusion that was ordered for another retail customer at about the same time that experienced no shipping delays. Go Further. Go Figure!

hate to say this, other than a couple, our Zone Reps bordered on useless and didnt/ couldnt answer ANY questions....the best rep we had, ironically had the last name of Ford....he was great...and ALWAYS got back to queries...

Edited by Deanh

Hermans, they arent going to set up an individual meeting with the Zone Manager....seriously.....they can call him and ask him to look into it....his timetable wouldnt allow for him to cater to a sole individual...and doubtful at this stage he can do anything other than give answers...and even those may not satisfy the individual...

My dealer did. I went to the dealer and was able to talk with him.

My dealer did. I went to the dealer and was able to talk with him.

then I guarantee he wasnt just there for you......probably either a wholeasle or service issue....

Wow! Lots of action in this thread today. Just wanted to update.

After posting this, I sent an email off to a few executive addresses that I had found online. A few hours later, I received a response from VP of Marketing and Customer Care. The next day, I got a call from the North American Allocations Manager who was able to get my car immediately put on a train! The next week, my car was ready for pickup at my dealer. Things can definitely get done if you get ahold of the right people!

I am now the proud owner of a 2013 Fusion Titanium!!

2013-03-23%2013.27.01.jpg

Edited by suttonb1
  • Like 1

After posting this, I sent an email off to a few executive addresses that I had found online. A few hours later, I received a response from VP of Marketing and Customer Care. The next day, I got a call from the North American Allocations Manager who was able to get my car immediately put on a train! The next week, my car was ready for pickup at my dealer. Things can definitely get done if you get ahold of the right people!

congrats...enjoy....

then I guarantee he wasnt just there for you......probably either a wholeasle or service issue....

Does it make a difference if he was there specifically for me or not? Point is I was able to make an appointment. I discussed my problem wit him and he took action.

Congrats on your new Fusion Titanium! Mine is now in-transit on a rail car - can't wait till it gets here.

Edited by dlramon

^ hope not :cry: . Then it will be probably be over to competitors who do offer one :sos:

Sad when competitors who offer V6's get better real world MPG and almost 2 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile over the 2.0 EBoost

Edited by Hydro

^ hope not :cry: . Then it will be probably be over to competitors who do offer one :sos:

Sad when competitors who offer V6's get better real world MPG and almost 2 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile over the 2.0 EBoost

But you're not buying a pony car/performance car....as for "real world' MPG....it says on the sticker in bolded words...your mileage may vary...and the EPA MPG numbers are just numbers obtained in a controlled testing environment that kind of reflects real world driving.

^ of course I'll buy the faster and better mpg car in real world driving. EPA means nothing to me. No way in hell I can drive like those test everyday. So, my mileage does vary from sticker and a nonboosted motor gets better MPG when flogged often, which is how my wife and I drive. Also, if you can achieve better mpg (a fact that has been proven many times over in car testing) and be faster, why wouldn't you buy it? You get damn near pony car performance (low to mid 14's & 6+ sec 0-60) and better mpg driving the current V6's hard. The EB achieved worst MPG and slowest performance in a different post we talked about earlier in the year. Many argued that MPG wins over performance on that thread, but the better performers did the best MPG. win win in my book.

Model Engine 0-60 mph EPA mpg CR mpg

Ford Fusion 1.6L Turbo 4 8.9 28 25

Hyundai Sonata 2.4L Four 8.2 26 27

Kia Optima 2.4L Four 8.6 27 25

Toyota Camry 2.4L Four 8.4 28 27

Honda Accord 2.4L Four 7.7 30 30

Nissan Altima 2.4L Four 8.2 27 31

Ford Fusion 2.0L Turbo 4 7.4 26 22

Hyundai Sonata 2.0L Turbo 4 6.6 26 25

Kia Optima 2.0L Turbo 4 6.6 26 24

Toyota Camry 3.5L V6 6.4 25 26

Honda Accord 3.5L V6 6.3 25 26

Nissan Altima 3.5L V6 6.3 23 24

Edited by Hydro

congrats...enjoy....

I am now the proud owner of a 2013 Fusion Titanium!!\

I may have to try that as I'm on week 13 of unscheduled clean for my Energi Ti. I've seen several Energi Ti's ordered well after mine, take delivery. My work place has two 2013 Fusion regular Ti's already in the parking lot (one's even the same color). I've talked to Customer service (twice) and have a case number, all I was asking for was an estimate date (better than "8 - 20 weeks"), a lock of the rebates, and MAYBE a cause for the delay, I just want to know... if it's a silly reason like allocation, I'll go buy from a dealer that HAS allocation as opposed to having this one sit on my $500 for another couple of months of interest. /rant_off I feel better now.

I may have to try that as I'm on week 13 of unscheduled clean for my Energi Ti. I've seen several Energi Ti's ordered well after mine, take delivery. My work place has two 2013 Fusion regular Ti's already in the parking lot (one's even the same color). I've talked to Customer service (twice) and have a case number, all I was asking for was an estimate date (better than "8 - 20 weeks"), a lock of the rebates, and MAYBE a cause for the delay, I just want to know... if it's a silly reason like allocation, I'll go buy from a dealer that HAS allocation as opposed to having this one sit on my $500 for another couple of months of interest. /rant_off I feel better now.

if another dealer has one spec'd the way you want, why not ask your dealer to trade for it? or just get your $500 back (they have to return it) and go get it from the other dealer.

Edited by suttonb1