Europe To Get "SVO Like" Turbocharged 2.3 Litre 4 Cylinder Mustang

the cost differential in making these changes is not that great, and is paid for in the next redesign, which is much cheaper because of the platform flexible nature. Since the mustang is going to be built on the same line as the Fusion it may make sense there to ensure Its flexibility.

Ford is repeating the mistakes of the past if they shut the door on a Sedan. without the name here is no business case for a RWD coupe platform that will sell less than 200k per year.

There is a reason that there hasn't been a major redesign of the mustang since 2005 because the structure beneath the skin was too fixed to make cheaper redesigns possible. the upgrade to simple common sense improvements like a composite radiator mount, would be logical if you have to redesign the structure to accommodate new styling, that way the next redesign can be more dramatic without having the change the structure. this less to do about the 2015 mustang and more to do with the 2020 mustang.

I don; thinnk here is anything wrong with the high expectation that they will do this car the right way this time.

Sorry but the Fusion is NOT going to share the Mustang line at the Flat Rock plant. The Mustang is built on its own line while the Fusion will be built on the 2nd assembly line at the plant that is being retooled for Fusion production after being used previously for Mazda.

Sorry but the Fusion is NOT going to share the Mustang line at the Flat Rock plant. The Mustang is built on its own line while the Fusion will be built on the 2nd assembly line at the plant that is being retooled for Fusion production after being used previously for Mazda.

I have to wonder if Automotive News will get chance to report Mustang and Fusion production numbers now that Mazda is gone and Ford runs the plant? Up to now, Ford will not let AN have Mustang production numbers, and if this continues we will never know production numbers of that plant. It would remain only Ford assembly plant with ghost production.

I have to wonder if Automotive News will get chance to report Mustang and Fusion production numbers now that Mazda is gone and Ford runs the plant? Up to now, Ford will not let AN have Mustang production numbers, and if this continues we will never know production numbers of that plant. It would remain only Ford assembly plant with ghost production.

Yes they do, it's reported away from the other Ford numbers under Auto Alliance totals.

Mustang up to 3-11-13 = 2,364 February = 9,456, Year to date = 18,232

When FRAP starts up Fusion production, I expect the Auto Alliance totals to be removed from the report,

Fusion (Mexico) and Fusion (US) and Mustang numbers will be reported next to each other in the Ford totals.

Edited by jpd80

Back in 2007 I had a German guy offer about $3000 for my Old 1988 Ford Bronco. Not bad for an almost 20 year old rust bucket! While I doubt you'll ever sell large #s of American cars in germany or Europe, there will be at least a very small minority who dig Detroit.