Daylight time did not update on MFT

This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine is complaining about she's tired of having to shake everything and Jerry calmly and easily shakes a bottle and comments sarcastically on how difficult it was.
I avoided the heartache and disappointment of my clock not resetting by manually changing it the night before when I pulled into the garage for the night. Problem solved, crisis averted. The final question still remains, would it have reset automatically after a few minutes of starting the car and getting a signal from SYNC? I guess I'll have to wait 6 months to find out...

You know as they say - "Even a broken clock is right twice a day" I know that isn't quite a true in our digital world, but of yesteryear that was very true.

I guess with law changes and our DST dates changing they found it too hard or unsure to program the future date changes into the system so they removed them.

What if in 4 years lawmakers change the dates for DST - and you have an old MFT system and you aren't getting current updates - this still gives you the ability to make it current, but adjusting the clock one hour vs an automated change that happens on the wrong weekends. Also - the GPS clocks don't distinguish or give any DST information I don't believe. They strictly give a time signal like UTC and your device - in this case MFT has to decide how many hours (which time zone) you are from the UTC offset and likewise for DST to make the correct display.