2014 MKZ Colors

Ordering information for the 2014 MKZ won't be out until mid-May, but you may get some hints as information for other models becomes available this month.

Great, so I will have my 2013 new for one and one half months till I can order a 2014? I was afraid of this. Very short model year will make 20132 resale values much lower than it should be down the line.

Great, so I will have my 2013 new for one and one half months till I can order a 2014? I was afraid of this. Very short model year will make 20132 resale values much lower than it should be down the line.

Scheduling won't begin til June and production some where in July. You're still looking for a Fall release if things are going right and we know how that turned out. Even so second year should roll out a lot smoother.

Xgman - how does a short model year affect resale value? Just curious on your insights...can't think of any reasons why other than stigma. If anythng, I would think it would increase resale values b/c there will be fewer 2013 leased vehicles being turned in down the road and hitting the auction block.

Xgman - how does a short model year affect resale value? Just curious on your insights...can't think of any reasons why other than stigma. If anythng, I would think it would increase resale values b/c there will be fewer 2013 leased vehicles being turned in down the road and hitting the auction block.

I only keep a car a couple years. When I go to sell it, it is almost a year behind in model years than it really should be (ok maybe 6 months), but I run high mileage and combine that with what really should be the beginning of the 2014 model year soon and trade values will reflect that. If I had the car in November 2012, I would have the full model year then another year and then trade. It's all about what model year is out and how many model years back your trade is. In the end it may not make a huge difference, but sometimes it's perception value.

There is a reason that they have year end model clearance sales.

Edited by xgman

Ordering information for the 2014 MKZ won't be out until mid-May, but you may get some hints as information for other models becomes available this month.

I'm unsure what to do at this point. I was pretty set on ginger ale so now I'll have to pick another color. In certain photographs or under certain lighting conditions, I like Ice Storm, but other times it appears hideous to me. In person, I've only seen it on Ford small crossovers or on their small plug-in hybrid. I'm unsure how it will look on something as big as the MKZ. The other color I kinda like is the Smoke Quartz. That one scares me because I definitely did not want to get a dark colored car because of heat retention, being a canvas for dirt, and more visible dings and scratches.

Any thoughts on color? Should I just wait for 2014 or take the plunge now?

I'm unsure what to do at this point. I was pretty set on ginger ale so now I'll have to pick another color. In certain photographs or under certain lighting conditions, I like Ice Storm, but other times it appears hideous to me. In person, I've only seen it on Ford small crossovers or on their small plug-in hybrid. I'm unsure how it will look on something as big as the MKZ. The other color I kinda like is the Smoke Quartz. That one scares me because I definitely did not want to get a dark colored car because of heat retention, being a canvas for dirt, and more visible dings and scratches.

Any thoughts on color? Should I just wait for 2014 or take the plunge now?

It would be nice if they offered a MKZ in the Deep Impact Blue that the other Fords have!

As for me and this is just my opinion ....

1) I loved the Bordeaux Reserve when I first saw it online

2) When I saw it in person, it didn't look quite the same and it seemed to change colors slightly in different sun scenarios

3) The Ruby Red - looks great also, but I always wonder about reds and how they hold up!

4) The Smoked Quartz looks great as well ....

with all that said - I ended up ordering Tuxedo Black with the Dune

(I also considered the colors of my previous 3 cars in narrowing down my choices [i had Blue, Beige and Silver])

I wouldn't expect a drastic change in the color lineup apart from the replacement for Ginger Ale; (my bet would be on Deep Impact Blue)

John

Ford apparently doesn't think Deep Impact Blue fits the luxury profile of Lincoln since they didn't offer it on any model this year whereas previous shades of blue were offered. There's a new shade of blue called Midnight Sapphire on the 2013 Navigator (also known as Blue Jeans Metallic on Ford models) that I'm hoping sees greater availability for the 2014 model year. It seems Ford offers a different shade of blue every model year so I'm waiting to see what they go with in the 2014 order guides.

Ice Storm is a Hybrid/Electric exclusive color and can look either light blue, light green, or drab grey in various light. It seems like many of Ford's newer colors exhibit this trait where they can look either really good or really ugly depending on their surroundings.

Since my preferred Ginger Ale color has just been jettisoned :cry: does anyone have thoughts or knowledge of MKZ 2014 colors? The same source also deep sixes the contour seats for 2013 as well.

I must admit, the deep sixing of the contour seats comment caught my interest as my order has been delayed for this option and I've been patient. However, if this has gone away permanently for the 13's I want to to confirm this.

Edited by Stentgraft95

I must admit, the deep sixing of the contour seats comment caught my interest as my order has been delayed for this option and I've been patient. However, if this has gone away permanently for the 13's I want to to confirm this.

Disappointed to read this as well. If I'm going to buy an MKZ and the multi-contour seats are a possible option, I'd want to go with it... Little reason not to wait for 2014 right now for me personally (as long as the Saab hangs in there without anything non-replaceable breaking).

Out of curiosity, has anyone actually tried the multi-contour seats? There is nothing out there on the web in the way of impressions or reviews except for a post here or there on Taurus fan sites (documenting some problems as well). Any reports on how the massage functions feel?

I sure hope they offer the MKZ in Gray in 2014. That color was noticeably absent from the 2013 color options. Every one of their competitors offers their respective cars in gray, and it was the best looking color on the last generation in my opinion. This isn't going to be a deal-breaker for me, and I still plan to get one towards the end of the year when my 3 series lease is up, but I would be a lot happier if I could get it in my prefered color choice.

Edited by artds

I would hope that during MY Lincoln would do a paint to sample color(s) with no more than maybe 25-50 vehicles getting that color. Expensive option of $3,000 or so, but lucky buyer would get unique color that he or she would rarely see in their region. It's been very successful marketing tool for other luxury makers. As for colors MKZ offers, I'm impressed with Smoke Quartz.

I would hope that during MY Lincoln would do a paint to sample color(s) with no more than maybe 25-50 vehicles getting that color. Expensive option of $3,000 or so, but lucky buyer would get unique color that he or she would rarely see in their region. It's been very successful marketing tool for other luxury makers. As for colors MKZ offers, I'm impressed with Smoke Quartz.

I find Smoked Quartz to be an interesting color option, but its not for me personally. It looks a lot more bold in the promo photos that Lincoln released than it does in person. In person, it looks pretty plain. My grandmother had a 1986 Chrysler LeBaron the same color, which for me just kills some of the sporty vibe.

I sure hope they offer the MKZ in Gray in 2014. That color was noticeably absent from the 2013 color options. Every one of their competitors offers their respective cars in gray, and it was the best looking color on the last generation in my opinion. This isn't going to be a deal-breaker for me, and I still plan to get one towards the end of the year when my 3 series lease is up, but I would be a lot happier if I could get it in my prefered color choice.

More Gray? :drop: There's already so much in every manufacturer's lineup. Where are the interesting colors? All I see EVERYWHERE are White, Black, and the REAL 50 Shades of Grey. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy: White Black and Silver are the most selected colors so let's just make everything in minutely different shades of White, Black, and Silver.

I would hope that during MY Lincoln would do a paint to sample color(s) with no more than maybe 25-50 vehicles getting that color. Expensive option of $3,000 or so, but lucky buyer would get unique color that he or she would rarely see in their region. It's been very successful marketing tool for other luxury makers.

I would LOVE if they did something like this. Even if they limited it to picking from any color used by Ford/Lincoln, it would be an improvement. I would pay extra for such a choice.

You say you want gray, but isn't that essentially what Smoked Quartz is? I've never seen it side by side with Sterling Gray for a direct comparison, but it strikes me as just a slightly darker version.

In person, Smoked Quartz looked much darker to me than it did in pictures. I would almost give it a near Black description.

In person, Smoked Quartz looked much darker to me than it did in pictures. I would almost give it a near Black description.

I think, to its credit, it varies a lot in the light. I saw it at two auto shows. At the first, in harsh lighting, it looked like a flat gray, but at the second show, in less harsh lighting, it was deeper and darker. I look forward to seeing it in sunlight.

I think, to its credit, it varies a lot in the light. I saw it at two auto shows. At the first, in harsh lighting, it looked like a flat gray, but at the second show, in less harsh lighting, it was deeper and darker. I look forward to seeing it in sunlight.

lol, I think more than a few of us are looking forward to see any MKZ in sunlight. ;)

lol, I think more than a few of us are looking forward to see any MKZ in sunlight. ;)

LOL...Actually, I've seen the MKZ in sunlight in almost every color except Ice Storm, Crystal Champagne**, and my now dearly departed Ginger Ale. :cry:

I liked the SQ indoors but when I saw it outside, I thought it was too dark (for me).

**Unless they're side-by-side or I'm reading the sticker, I find it difficult to distinguish CC from White Platinum so I may actually have seen it.

I was at a local Lincoln dealership about two weeks ago and they had paint chips with 2014 Lincoln Mkz printed on them. There where in fact a few color changes, a new dark blue/green called Dark Side Metallic, a new red color with a little more orange to it than the Ruby Red has. If my memory serves me correctly, there is also a new gold color the replaces the Ginger Ale color.