Lincoln MKC launching in July?

It could mean one of two things. First, that the MKC will be introduced in New York and go into production in July. This is far faster than the previously speculated timetable of early 2014 release and likely wishful thinking. Rather, this likely indicates the MKC will be unveiled in July for production early next year. I'd love for the former to be true, but I'm trying to temper my expectations.

Let's hope this is true:

The technology will be implemented at Louisville Assembly for the July MKC Launch, and the next systems will be deployed this year at Chicago Assembly, Oakville Assembly for Lincoln MKS, Ford Taurus, Ford Explorer, Lincoln MKZ, Ford Edge and Ford Flex.

While Ford can afford to limp Lincoln along for years, independent businessmen called Lincoln dealers can't. They need new product now, not in two years. The MKX is OK seller, the MKZ potential to be above average seller, and no help after that for now. So an all new MKC this year would be something badly needed by Lincoln dealers without much to sell. Something else forgotten on here is that we can't assume economy will be wonderful when Lincoln finally gets its act together, and the competition gets tougher every year. So Lincoln dealers need product now just to live to fight later on. I feel sorry for Hines Park that just completed multi million dollar Lincoln spec store, and not a lot to sell that people want. Only savior for Hines Park is its Ford store in exurbia, and you can order new Ford at its LIncoln store, and they will deliver it to your home. Reality for now.

I'm trying to not get my hopes up...but this rumor/info could be accurate. The only technological piece ( that I'm aware of ) that could hold back the MKC introduction is the 2.9V6...which is probably more than a year away. However, if the MKC was always meant to have two engines ( the 2.0EB and the 2.9EB ) then the car could launch with just the turbo 4. Here is hoping to a New York Auto Show reveal. :)

The technology will be implemented at Louisville Assembly for the July MKC Launch, and the next systems will be deployed this year at Chicago Assembly, Oakville Assembly for Lincoln MKS, Ford Taurus, Ford Explorer, Lincoln MKZ, Ford Edge and Ford Flex.

WTF are you talking about? The Taurus/Explorer/Flex and MKS aren't changing anytime soon.The Flex and MKT are dead by 2016...at the latest. The Edge and MKX launch for next Summer/Fall. I have a feeling that the Taurus/MKS are going to be moved to Flat Rock or even OAP (taking up the production given up by the Flex and MKT) , leaving Chicago free to build the PI/PIU and Explorer till 2018 or so.

I'm trying to not get my hopes up...but this rumor/info could be accurate. The only technological piece ( that I'm aware of ) that could hold back the MKC introduction is the 2.9V6...which is probably more than a year away. However, if the MKC was always meant to have two engines ( the 2.0EB and the 2.9EB ) then the car could launch with just the turbo 4. Here is hoping to a New York Auto Show reveal. :)

That hasn't stopped Ford in the past....they did a major refresh with the Mustang in 2009 and then came out with new Engines the next year.

• Like 1

WTF are you talking about? The Taurus/Explorer/Flex and MKS aren't changing anytime soon.The Flex and MKT are dead by 2016...at the latest. The Edge and MKX launch for next Summer/Fall. I have a feeling that the Taurus/MKS are going to be moved to Flat Rock or even OAP (taking up the production given up by the Flex and MKT) , leaving Chicago free to build the PI/PIU and Explorer till 2018 or so.

The press release is about technology for improving paint quality. This doesn't say the models are changing, but rather that the paint QC technology is going to be implemented for these models this year.

If a late 2013 launch is true, maybe the pics posted here a while ago and the images on the Lincoln web site are an accurate portayal of the finished design. I sure like the design of the seats, among the rest of the vehicle.

Much like the MKZ concept, I expect some details like the seats and certain finished surfaces to change, but I'm guessing the overall look will be pretty close.

I see that the wording of the press release has been changed and the "July Release" reference replaced with "up coming".

Maybe the system is introduced to Escape first in July and then the MKC gets it from launch some time after that...

Much like the MKZ concept, I expect some details like the seats and certain finished surfaces to change, but I'm guessing the overall look will be pretty close.

Much like the MKZ launch, I would expect this launch to be delayed, and delayed, and delayed . . .

Based on...?

It's a brand new vehicle, so I'd say that it's not unreasonable to expect some delays in the MKC launch, particularly given the rocky launches of the Escape, Fusion, and MKZ. The big difference is that they've had the Escape to clear the path for the MKC, so I'd expect the delays to be much shorter than on those three.

It's a brand new vehicle, so I'd say that it's not unreasonable to expect some delays in the MKC launch, particularly given the rocky launches of the Escape, Fusion, and MKZ. The big difference is that they've had the Escape to clear the path for the MKC, so I'd expect the delays to be much shorter than on those three.

MKZ was the only one with any significant delays. It's unreasonable to expect that any other vehicle would automatically follow the one outlier. It's possible, but it shouldn't be expected.

That hasn't stopped Ford in the past....they did a major refresh with the Mustang in 2009 and then came out with new Engines the next year.

It is possible we would likely see a powertrain upgrade next MY for MKZ as well.

I wouldn't expect it....till 2015 or so, and i might be smart to do a refresh then if the styling doesn't do it for the consumer too

Perhaps, I'm basing my point on the Escape and Mustang launches with the separate model year and motor. Upgrade. That said, I feel there is nothing wrong with the current MKZ, The company's current strategy seems to garnish sales.

Edited by Hugh

Sounds like the MKC is debuting in July, I can't imagine production is starting then. And the MKC may want to skip the new engines at launch to avoid launch delays, although the MKC could probably stomach more delays than the MKZ could simply because there are no existing customers.

But if we are getting a MKC for this fall, I would not complain.

Edited by BORG

Sounds like the MKC is debuting in July, I can't imagine production is starting then. And the MKC may want to skip the new engines at launch to avoid launch delays, although the MKC could probably stomach more delays than the MKZ could simply because there are no existing customers.

But if we are getting a MKC for this fall, I would not complain.

I believe the 2.7L V6 that would be perfect engine for MKC as option or standard engine is at least 18-24 months away. I don't even know that the Ohio plant slated to build it has even put its stamp on union agreement yet. The MKC should have V6 option just like MKZ.