'15 Mustang Prototype Spotted

I'm surprised that some people are suggesting that the '15 will be smaller, I don't think so.

Sure the front will be shaped in a bit more and the styling brought up to date but I think

the over all size will be unchanged, perhaps the car is 100 lbs lighter at best?

Generally, i see it as a far more refined package that most will find attractive and right for the times.

I also think talk of no GT500 or S/C V8 is a little premature as the bones of the car remains unchanged...

Edited by jpd80

As a Challenger fan.... I find this odd..... since when has the Mustang been considered oversized?!?! lol

I know seriously...but the "problem" with the 2005-2014 models is that they look big due to the higher beltlines say vs a SN95 or Fox body car.

The 2015 looks like they got rid of the visual bulkiness of the car....

The expensive parts, and the tooling to make them, must be changed.

Well, in all fairness, after 10+ years, they probably need to be replaced again anyway, assuming they weren't replaced once already.

And I think one is quibbling over the definition of a 'new' platform vs. an 'overhauled' platform at this point.

Clearly, Ford's starting point was not a blank sheet of paper, it was the outgoing platform. Clearly, the changes to this platform are significant. That's about all that can be said without getting into debates over definitions, as I believe all concerned would characterize the changes as significant.

• Like 1