Sync summer update Gen2 v3.6

47Minutes

Really seems to depend on the source. Something already heavily compressed (Sirius, I'm looking at you) isn't going to sound much different and has the potential of sounding even worse. Probably the same with streamed audio.

I agree. The USB sounds great with the Surround. Sirius, not so much. FM also sounds a bit better. I also agree that it might not be fully fixed, but so far, I have kept it set on Surround and it has stayed on Surround. I'll keep an eye on it.

I agree. The USB sounds great with the Surround. Sirius, not so much. FM also sounds a bit better. I also agree that it might not be fully fixed, but so far, I have kept it set on Surround and it has stayed on Surround. I'll keep an eye on it.

I observed that it consistanly would not stay in surround when I went from radio to usb and vise versa. Also would change back if left on usb upon car shutdown and later restart. That was the predictable behavior. If left in radio it usually stayed, but not always.

I saw the surround option when I first picked up the car, but it was gone a few days later.

Is this something that works with the MFT audio system on the FFH SE?

Where is the setting, because all I see now in the audio setting is driver, all, the button to move the sound center of focus, and the speed compensation for loudness.

Don't think surround sound is fixed. Just picked up my car from the dealer because MFT crashed and had that bad smell from the AC, Etc. repaired MFT and did the update.

I changed to surround sound and went home. Just went out and it changed back to stereo.

Car goes back into service in a month to have the recall done and needed a new gas tank to fix the poor mileage/DTE zero....based on one of the TSB's.

2013 titanium, 8.500 miles on it

Mine does not stay in Surround mode, and I wish that it would.

Topic perhaps worthy of its own thread, I have an Ipod Classic with 100 gb of content. It is constantly re-indexing it and rebuilding voice commands, even when I have not made any changes to the Ipod. Has anyone run into this and found a fix? Prior to my Ford my old car had a Pioneer Avic, based on the same Microsoft technology. With that system you could turn indexing on and off. When off, it used the old index and voice command file.

The new voice command prompts are an improvement.

Guest RRF985
It still won't show the update for me. :( Anyone want to upload the file somewhere so I can grab it?

MyFord Touch 3.6

There you go. Read the instructions as well. Enjoy your update. :)

Edited by RRF985
  • Like 1

Guest RRF985
Do you have a link for the Hybrid version?

Negative. However, I was just informed by Ford that if you are not showing an update to run a Vehicle Health Report. That supposedly will fix the issue and show you an update. Not sure if it works or not but worth a try.

Well I have noticed absolutely no different in sluggishness loading screens. Most of the other changes weren't a big deal for me (minus being able to touch the entire quadrant on the home screen to get into a section) so I was really hoping the interface would have been snappier. Oh well, I guess I'll just hope the next update is better.