2015 Taurus/MKS

98GMLS

These cars should be RWD and optional AWD. With an 8-Speed Transmission. If not, Ford are just wasting their time. The Fusion is almost the same size as these cars, so they have become redundant in the marketplace. Don't get me wrong, I love these cars and I would still buy one over the Fusion.

For 2015 I would like to see the upcoming 2.3 Ecoboost as the base motor and optional 3.5 Ecoboost and 5.0.

Ford is playing second fiddle to GM and Chrysler with their large RWD cars, it's time Ford up it's game and give us true die hard fans something to be excited about. I've been a Ford fan since 1987 and now I want a new car, but I'm too excited about what Ford has to offer. I really wanted a Taurus SHO or MKS Ecoboost but now that the Fusion is the same size, I don't see the point of these cars.

Ford, I hope you are listening and give the Ford fans what they are asking for. For years, we crave to have the awesome Falcon over in NA, but that will never happen. But the GM guys and Chrysler guys to have bragging rights with the V8 and RWD.

I can see myself buying a BMW next.

The Taurus will never be RWD. If Ford does anything RWD, it will come under a different name like Thunderbird or something.

As far as the GM and ChryCo guys have bragging rights about their high HP cars, that's all they have. None of those short of the Corvette can be considered profitable for their companies.

Next Taurus will be a stretched Fusion platform to share a lot of parts, and defray the cost of what is now a low volume car.

• Like 1

The Taurus will never be RWD. If Ford does anything RWD, it will come under a different name like Thunderbird or something.

As far as the GM and ChryCo guys have bragging rights about their high HP cars, that's all they have. None of those short of the Corvette can be considered profitable for their companies.

Next Taurus will be a stretched Fusion platform to share a lot of parts, and defray the cost of what is now a low volume car.

I would bet that the Corvette isn't profitable either. Yes, it's a halo car that may draw in a few buyers for other models, but I don't think it makes enough money to justify itself basing it on the car alone.

• 8 months later...

I don´t think that the Taurus and the MKS will be RWD, at least not in a short-term. IMHO the next MKS is more important to Lincoln than the Taurus is for Ford, Lincoln really needs a competitive product in the segment of the MKS

I think you're right with the MKS to Lincoln, vs Taurus to Ford comment. I think Lincoln could hit a home run with either a luxury Focus ST, or tuned MKZ though, especially when you look at the demographic buying Focus STs.

Police departments would likely love a RWD Interceptor again though.