Lemon Law Process Started

nmadole

I guess I will fan the flames here also. EVERY headliner on Fusions I've seen (it's several) where the headliner stops before it meets the front windshield is fraying as it's not folded over or has a trim piece to hide it.

On mine, the salesman who had his for months longer, each one still on the lot. "It's just the way it looks". I challenge to look at your own... mine's going on 3 months old and I noticed it first at 3 weeks old.

The dealership at this point wants to pull my front windshield to aid in the installation of the (5th) headliner... I said that is not happening... if they can't do a headliner they sure as hell are not removing my perfectly good windshield!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am I right?

At this point I am done dealing with Ford directly... I am getting married on Saturday and I will be in the Caribbean for a week. My lawyer said he will hopefully have worked out a solution by the time I get back from my honeymoon ... also don't know if anyone noticed but my lifetime MPG (12,000 miles) is 31.0 MPG ... :(

• Like 1

The dealership at this point wants to pull my front windshield to aid in the installation of the (5th) headliner... I said that is not happening... if they can't do a headliner they sure as hell are not removing my perfectly good windshield!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am I right?

At this point I am done dealing with Ford directly... I am getting married on Saturday and I will be in the Caribbean for a week. My lawyer said he will hopefully have worked out a solution by the time I get back from my honeymoon ... also don't know if anyone noticed but my lifetime MPG (12,000 miles) is 31.0 MPG ... :(

WTH? No way would I let them remove my windshield!

Congrats on the marriage! Enjoy your honeymoon and forget about the car for a week...there will be more important and fun things to do! :wub: :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Back from the honeymoon! Great time... My lawyer has submitted all the paperwork back to Ford's Legal Team. He said we should have some sort of response hopefully by Friday this week.... I guess we will see...

Keep us updated - I too suffer from a loser dealership, no way in hell I'd let them replace my headliner. Maybe if Ford has to buy back some cars they'll figure out the next step in the company's re-birth is to overhaul the stealership network.

Maybe if Ford has to buy back some cars they'll figure out the next step in the company's re-birth is to overhaul the stealership network.

You obviously don't understand franchise laws:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2009/02/the-truth-about-car-dealer-franchise-laws/

http://www.statesman.com/news/business/tesla-lobbies-to-sell-its-electric-cars-directly-t/nXHrY/

Edited by akirby

Hopefully Tesla might be able to challenge some of that. However I am not sure if thats good or not for us as consumers. On the surface it seems better....

I would settle for the mfrs having more control over dealerships in the area of customer service. I get not wanting mfr control over pricing, but if a dealer is not providing a certain level of good customer service they should be punished and the really bad ones should have their franchise taken away. After all they're representing the mfr to consumers and any bad experiences get attributed to the mfr (incorrectly but that's beside the point).

Ford tried this with the old Blue Oval certified program where they would pay good dealers higher holdbacks. Dealers in N.C. sued and won.

Ford tried to setup a used car program where a customer could select a used car online to test drive locally. Ford would arrange the test drive with the customer and if they bought the car they would arrange the sale through the local dealer. Dealers sued and won again.

Do manufacturers have any punishment they can level at a dealer other than pulling selling rights? Seems like if you are trying to get your name and quality up and you have dealers that continue to provide bologna excuses, poor trouble shooting and over all lacking customer service; they should be allowed to do something. To get through some dealers rigamarole to get things done is just lunacy. Luckily I live in an area where there are more than one service center I can choose from to do my work. Others in smaller towns don't get that luxury and it becomes a double edge sword for Ford. They discipline the dealer and could lose out on sales and visibility in that area.

How will that help him get a headliner in correctly? Several other people on this board have had headliners installed WITHOUT removing the windshield. Just because its done at the factory doesn't mean that's "how" it needs to be done. There is a lot of thought put into how fast a car can be built. Given that the dealer cannot do it right in any manner and he has other issues with this place (scratched rims and so forth) would you let them pull a windshield when they have been proven incompetent to perform service on the vehicle?

If I was Ford I would send a rep to this dealer to see wtf is going on.

Do manufacturers have any punishment they can level at a dealer other than pulling selling rights? Seems like if you are trying to get your name and quality up and you have dealers that continue to provide bologna excuses, poor trouble shooting and over all lacking customer service; they should be allowed to do something. To get through some dealers rigamarole to get things done is just lunacy. Luckily I live in an area where there are more than one service center I can choose from to do my work. Others in smaller towns don't get that luxury and it becomes a double edge sword for Ford. They discipline the dealer and could lose out on sales and visibility in that area.

That's the problem. They can't just pull their selling rights or punish them financially. They can cut their allocation to a degree but they can't do it directly - they have to do it indirectly or they risk a lawsuit. Their hands are pretty tied.

You obviously don't understand franchise laws:

Sure do, missed the "starve them out" - easiest way to do it.

I would settle for the mfrs having more control over dealerships in the area of customer service. I get not wanting mfr control over pricing, but if a dealer is not providing a certain level of good customer service they should be punished and the really bad ones should have their franchise taken away. After all they're representing the mfr to consumers and any bad experiences get attributed to the mfr (incorrectly but that's beside the point).

Ford tried this with the old Blue Oval certified program where they would pay good dealers higher holdbacks. Dealers in N.C. sued and won.

Ford tried to setup a used car program where a customer could select a used car online to test drive locally. Ford would arrange the test drive with the customer and if they bought the car they would arrange the sale through the local dealer. Dealers sued and won again.

Yep, they buy a lot of politicians. In my state they actually went for TrueCar.com.............oh my god, gasp, they were giving you a known price.

Do manufacturers have any punishment they can level at a dealer other than pulling selling rights? Seems like if you are trying to get your name and quality up and you have dealers that continue to provide bologna excuses, poor trouble shooting and over all lacking customer service; they should be allowed to do something. To get through some dealers rigamarole to get things done is just lunacy...........

See above, they can starve them out. Unfortunately car dealers buy a lot of politicians. It is funny they get offended when they're viewed as the scum of the earth........same rep as lawyers :)

That's the problem. They can't just pull their selling rights or punish them financially. They can cut their allocation to a degree but they can't do it directly - they have to do it indirectly or they risk a lawsuit. Their hands are pretty tied.

That is a very broken process. And if the 'gubberment' is also involved...oi...what a soup of chaos...

It still just confuses me when I see people who have issues with headliners. I've never had a problem in any of my vehicles and don't recall ever seeing a problem with them in any of the ones my parents owned over the years. You'd think this would be something automakers would have nailed down decades ago, like making wheels that are round.

Sorry you're getting such a runaround trying to get it resolved!

• Like 1

Now keep in mind, it's been roughly a decade since I last dealt with them, so I do hope they have changed their approach and handling of situations. But when I dealt with Ford and their direct customer service, many times they were just as bad if not worse than the dealers customer service. Incompetent, unhelpful, rude and simply made me never want to purchase a Ford again. If Ford expects high standards from their dealers, I sure hope they have rectified the issues they have internally first to set a standard.

Still waiting on Ford to get back to my lawyer ... been two weeks since the submitted the request information to Ford's legal decision... no word yet!! This is the largest dealership in Northern LP Michigan ... and the are EV certified...

I will update when I hear something ... getting anxious

Sorry you have had so many troubles with their buyback. My car has been approved for the Ford RAV program but they are sure taking their good old time getting it processed.....

What was wrong with your car? Did you hire a lawer?

How did you get it approved

• 2 weeks later...

What was wrong with your car? Did you hire a lawer?

How did you get it approved

Sorry I was waiting until I had check in hand to comment on this. Even after approval be ready for a long and painful process including outsourced people who just don't care.

My car had multiple transmission issues along with a fuel tank, some factory cosmetic issues and a few dealer mistakes/damage. It was out of commission for 35 days between April when I got it and September. There was no lawyer involved it was the Ford reacquired vehicle program voluntary buyback. I think the fact that it was mostly transmission problems(syncro, bad adjustment upon install and a leak) is what got mine approved.

It starts at the (866)631-3788 customer relations number with your district rep good luck, you have to be polite but persistent.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I was waiting until I had check in hand to comment on this. Even after approval be ready for a long and painful process including outsourced people who just don't care.

My car had multiple transmission issues along with a fuel tank, some factory cosmetic issues and a few dealer mistakes/damage. It was out of commission for 35 days between April when I got it and September. There was no lawyer involved it was the Ford reacquired vehicle program voluntary buyback. I think the fact that it was mostly transmission problems(syncro, bad adjustment upon install and a leak) is what got mine approved.

It starts at the (866)631-3788 customer relations number with your district rep good luck, you have to be polite but persistent.

Thanks for the reply... I already have a lawyer involved so I am pretty sure there is no going back... I am still waiting to hear back from Fords lawyers... its been four weeks and I am still waiting to hear back

Thanks for the reply... I already have a lawyer involved so I am pretty sure there is no going back... I am still waiting to hear back from Fords lawyers... its been four weeks and I am still waiting to hear back

Now that sounds like the Fud of old...............just sit around do nothing & hope they'll go away. No only have they farked up your vehicle you have to wait through this rubbish. :doh:

• 4 weeks later...