Ford to lower C-Max Fuel Economy Rating

Deanh and Fordtech1 have summed it up. They see the happy customers and those with problems. And they are right, the happy ones do not complain, they just live life and drive. The whole CMax EPA label issue is an unpleasant one that should not have happened, but if most owners have no complaint is it really a real world issue or just more internet blowviating.

Deanh and Fordtech1 have summed it up. They see the happy customers and those with problems. And they are right, the happy ones do not complain, they just live life and drive. The whole CMax EPA label issue is an unpleasant one that should not have happened, but if most owners have no complaint is it really a real world issue or just more internet blowviating.

literally the only complaint I hear are about MFT and Sync, which can be quirky, and sometimes the complaints are justified, sometimes I also find out the inherant laziness of consumers to open the owners manual.....

No, your statement is baseless conjecture. You've said "because Ford did legal activity A, they must have performed illegal activity B." One does not follow from the other, either factually or logically.

If you knew what I was referring to, you would clearly see that it is not baseless.

He thinks that Ford faked the Fusion test numbers because reported mileage on the EPA website diverges from the published rates, despite this occurring for just about every vehicle on the planet.

And, in fact, he can't 'enlighten you' because he cannot prove to my satisfaction that the Fusion hybrid exists, therefore I will delete his posts on the subject.

Edited by RichardJensen
  • Like 2

That small vocal minority opened up a can of whoop ass on Ford. Ford admitted they used questionable methods to achieve the sticker and the EPA tested them to find the car was 6mpg short. My assumptions were right early on. Case closed.

That's not what I challenged you on, here is your statement,

chevys, on 19 Aug 2013 - 21:20, said:
snapback.png

The entire argument of the Cmax started with
why the vast majority could not reach the mileage numbers published by Ford

Prove to me that the vast majority of C-Max owners could not reach the mileage published by Ford.

Ford lowering its stated mileage in no way diminishes the the acceptance of C-max by the majority of happy customers.

Edited by jpd80

That's not what I challenged you on, here is your statement,

Prove to me that the vast majority of C-Max owners could not reach the mileage published by Ford.

Ford lowering its stated mileage in no way diminishes the the acceptance of C-max by the majority of happy customers.

In other words, there is no possible way that an owner could be happy with 42 MPG? or 44 MPG? Or 39 MPG? I have family members that would see a MASSIVE improvement if the Cmax only got 35 MPG. They would be so damn happy with that.