NAP,DTP,MTP,TCAP and others.

the_wizard

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wizard, any truth that ford will be outsourcing most of its skilled trades work? and the apprenti program will be gone.

actually i have never seen anything about killing the program. I don't think Ford has any desire to quit the program they see it as an asset and important to their future.

They just seem to be trying to decide what our " core" trades and what are not right now.

Hey Wizard, Companywide Buyout or plant by plant?

from what i have seen it looks like they are ready to go company wide the rules have already been draw up for it.

anybody with access to the 2006 business plan can confirm that for you.

Edited by the_wizard

wayne assembly plant and wayne stamping.

next as to ohio it's not stamping or assembly that take that hit ; 2012 look toward cleveland

DDMP is frames at the rouge i belive it stands for Dearborn Diversity Manufacturing Plant

wixom is toast , but AAI is fine and rocking on making big money.

2012 at cleveland which plant? 1,2 or casting

plant 1 is getting new V6 at 500,000 a year with 3 shifts

Hey Wizard..

Any news on Rawsonville? I just heard this morn. that we are on the longgggg list to be closed! New news to us since they took us back. I know we have an attendance problem here but a new ploicy has went into play for those bad apples too.

Thanks

Hey Wizard..

Any news on Rawsonville? I just heard this morn. that we are on the longgggg list to be closed! New news to us since they took us back. I know we have an attendance problem here but a new ploicy has went into play for those bad apples too.

Thanks

I also read your lines about Sterling... I guess we are in the same boat as you guys in Rawsonville, unless this bidding on the 09 F150 axle goes through but I don't know... Keep us updated on both of the Sterling threads "Wizard" and thanks again for the info. :beerchug: :rockon:

Hey Wizard..

Thanks

It would seem crazy for Ford to take back your plant and then decided to close it, just more wasted money on their part. But....as we know, Ford buys all kinds of new equipment, machinery and such, AND EITHER USES IT VERY LITTLE OR NOT AT ALL. Nothing like BIG money wasted to produce nothing.......... :rant: Yet, they constantly wail about that WE, as their employees hurt their bottom line all the time, go figure! As for attendance there, what are they changing? It seems to me that they always seesaw back and forth, depending on the plant and which shitheads they want to keep on THE FREE RIDE-NO PUNISHMENT CRUISE!! :banghead: Good luck to those at Rawsonville, I hope that you stay open. :rockon:

It would seem crazy for Ford to take back your plant and then decided to close it, just more wasted money on their part. But....as we know, Ford buys all kinds of new equipment, machinery and such, AND EITHER USES IT VERY LITTLE OR NOT AT ALL. Nothing like BIG money wasted to produce nothing.......... :rant: Yet, they constantly wail about that WE, as their employees hurt their bottom line all the time, go figure! As for attendance there, what are they changing? It seems to me that they always seesaw back and forth, depending on the plant and which shitheads they want to keep on THE FREE RIDE-NO PUNISHMENT CRUISE!! :banghead: Good luck to those at Rawsonville, I hope that you stay open. :rockon:

why should we be surprise when history repeats itself ? :shrug:

Apparently, they have a new agreement with the local on attend. If the problem people receive an AWOL for any time at all, they will be fired. The union has agreed to this. We have approx. 150 of these people that are on that list and they were all given letters to their condition of employment.

What gets me, is that they give these damn TLOs and then cover them with OT. BUT now we have OT issues with FORD. Who created this???? Not the blue collor workforce.

Don't get me wrong, Dark, I'm not entirely surprised, but don't you think that a little common sense and a quick glance at history would get some minds to work? Apparently not :runaway: :shrug:

i know what your saying.....but then again we are talking about ford..and applying OUR logic to it....when in fact if they HAD our logic we would not even be in this position!

alot of this CRAP is managment! and they still dont realize all the sales they have LOST.....

HECK show me 200K and i wont ever buy another FORD!

alot of people are SOURED on ford thanks to the BULLSHIT management!

Edited by dark270

i know what your saying.....but then again we are talking about ford..and applying OUR logic to it....when in fact if they HAD our logic we would not even be in this position!

alot of this CRAP is managment! and they still dont realize all the sales they have LOST.....

HECK show me 200K and i wont ever buy another FORD!

alot of people are SOURED on ford thanks to the BULLSHIT management!

It's true about management missing the boat, no doubt about it. In my opinion, if we had some of the management work it's way from the bottom on up, then maybe they'd see a totally different view that makes sense. Unfortunately, what you have in management is a bunch bean counters and no practical sense of what the marketplace wants or needs, much less, what really takes place out in the plants. It's no wonder a lot of people have turned up their noses at Ford, no arguments there. As for showing me 200k, well, the only way I can answer that is----- :burnout: :speedie: :burnout: :speedie: My tires will be out that gate and SMOKIN!!! :yahoo::shift:

Edited by NoMoVisteon

SO are you saying STAP st thomas assembly plant is still slated to close in 2010?

that doesnt make sense in your other post you said we were adding a shift and getting the town car ? why move the town car for 3 years then close?

i was told by a leasing manager that the towncar was prommised by ford till 2012 at the last dealer association meeting for sales in can. and us.

Hey wiz, how about some input on Wixiland (Wixom)

1. We all know were toast and soon, however if they move the long wheel base or Strech to STAP and adds a shift will Wixom be offered to follow there product to Canada, I thought not, so what kind of deals are being brokered for the high senority production and in my case the trades who dont have enough time to take a buy out that makes sence to someone under 55 and less than 27 years.

2. There is a strong rumor by reliable sorces that Wixom will be shut down (warm idle) and decomissioned (Chemicals, paints and other usefull machines to others) removed over 18 mo. and then be re-tooled to be the new flex plant. Is this being talked about in Dearborn or is a rumor started to let other States know that its going to cost them big if they want this new flex. They saved St Louis the last contract so is it possible for Wixom.

3. We hear that Ford and Mazda in Flat Rock are really having problems working side by side and its a mess with people not showing upfor work. Is it possible that they might move the Stang out there to free up space for Maz. and send the stang someplace where it can do 200k units like Wixom.

4. If Wixom is closed how long and what trades would work to decommission the plant. Any rumors for a joint venture and or buyer for this place.

I think alot of folks appreiciate your efforts and I just want to thank you for it. Got to go now and watch the steel rust.

Hey wiz, how about some input on Wixiland (Wixom)

1. We all know were toast and soon, however if they move the long wheel base or Strech to STAP and adds a shift will Wixom be offered to follow there product to Canada, I thought not, so what kind of deals are being brokered for the high senority production and in my case the trades who dont have enough time to take a buy out that makes sence to someone under 55 and less than 27 years.

2. There is a strong rumor by reliable sorces that Wixom will be shut down (warm idle) and decomissioned (Chemicals, paints and other usefull machines to others) removed over 18 mo. and then be re-tooled to be the new flex plant. Is this being talked about in Dearborn or is a rumor started to let other States know that its going to cost them big if they want this new flex. They saved St Louis the last contract so is it possible for Wixom.

3. We hear that Ford and Mazda in Flat Rock are really having problems working side by side and its a mess with people not showing upfor work. Is it possible that they might move the Stang out there to free up space for Maz. and send the stang someplace where it can do 200k units like Wixom.

4. If Wixom is closed how long and what trades would work to decommission the plant. Any rumors for a joint venture and or buyer for this place.

I think alot of folks appreiciate your efforts and I just want to thank you for it. Got to go now and watch the steel rust.

As i mentioned in another post, you would not be allowed to follow the jobs to St. Thomas unless Ford changed the name of the car or the UAW would grand its blessing. That may not happen unless there is a new product for Wixom. Now, before 1982 when the UAW and CAW were one, you were allowed to follow the jobs to Canada.

I see two possibilites for Wixom as far as future product: The next generation Focus could be built there around 2010 based on the fact that Wayne ISA is closing according to Wizzard; (but he also states the next Focus will be made in Mexico :(.) However, Wixom has a nearly new paint shop- something Wayne does not have, and Ford could retool properly- meaning gutting Wixom and making it especially geared toward small car production.

Another possibility is Mazda.

One of the articles in the Free Press (if you can believe them) said that Ford was considering additional investments of $400 million for "Ford and Ford Related facilites" in Michigan. Let's hope it is for here.