MAP Unemployment

lackanookey

Does anyone know why we have to wait three weeks to file for unemployment?? We were laid off the week of October 28th and we received a letter from the union telling us we could file on November 11th, but the letter from MI UIA says that we cannot file until the week of November 20th. The union is blaming Snyder, but is that really the case? Did Snyder pass a law that requires a three week waiting period for all new unemployment claims? I cannot find anything to support that claim made by our union.

Edited by lackanookey

I heard that it was Fords fault for late filing.That being the case we should get paid sub. 100%.Its not our fault it was done late and our bills and pay shouldnt suffer for it.Seems like this would work out to be about a $2 million dollar mistake,and whoever is responsible should pack up and wait for the security golf cart!!!

• Like 1

Of course Uia is going to say that... What do they know?!? Ford needs to pay!! My husband works b crew. They better find a solution. Mtpwife, what shift do u work or husband I'm assuming?? Hello Union where are you when you're really needed. Someone better have gotten fired. I'm about to lose it.

Of course Uia is going to say that... What do they know?!? Ford needs to pay!! My husband works b crew. They better find a solution. Mtpwife, what shift do u work or husband I'm assuming?? Hello Union where are you when you're really needed. Someone better have gotten fired. I'm about to lose it.

If you can't survive without one weeks pay, you should change your spending habits and save some money cause in the auto industry there are ups and downs, you should be prepared with some money in savings, maybe instead of spending that profit sharing check you should save it.

Ford needs to pay? That comment shows you must be new to Ford, you will find out the hard way Ford will do as they wish and your just a number! The union, hmmm that's a whole different story!

Change my spending habit?? Are you kidding me? I don't have the option to save a lot of money, my money is spent wisely. wish we could all be like you apparently. I know what goes on and no I'm not new. So u suppose people should just sit back and take it? No way, you fight even if you'll never win. I do agree we are just a number.

Edited by Kecoll22

Change my spending habit?? Are you kidding me? I don't have the option to save a lot of money, my money is spent wisely. wish we could all be like you apparently. I know what goes on and no I'm not new. So u suppose people should just sit back and take it? No way, you fight even if you'll never win. I do agree we are just a number.

I'm just sayin, the profit sharing is a bonus which means its not money you should count as living money so open up a savings account and when you get profit sharing just put it in that account and if you ever need emergency money you will have some and if you don't just add to it each year and watch it grow ! It's better to have some money saved and not live paycheck to paycheck.

You will thank me later if you decide to take my advice.

I hope you have TESPHE set up also!

If you can't survive without one weeks pay, you should change your spending habits and save some money cause in the auto industry there are ups and downs, you should be prepared with some money in savings, maybe instead of spending that profit sharing check you should save it

I didnt see where anyone said they cant survive without a weeks pay. The point is you shouldnt have to. If you are owed money and if ford fucked up they need to fix it. period. if you fuck up they arent letting you off the hook.

So take your condescending ass elsewhere

• Like 1

SU-FI....Standing ovation! Obviously Little Country does not have kids in college!

I was just questioning the three week waiting period law. Does it really exist? This is not about who can survive the longest without a paycheck, it is about finding out if the 11/18 date is the correct date for us to file for unemployment benefits. If it is, then fine. But if it is not, then Ford needs to get it fixed.

Edited by lackanookey

SU-FI....Standing ovation! Obviously Little Country does not have kids in college!

I was just questioning the three week waiting period law. Does it really exist? This is not about who can survive the longest without a paycheck, it is about finding out if the 11/18 date is the correct date for us to file for unemployment benefits. If it is, then fine. But if it is not, then Ford needs to get it fixed.

Ford will get right on that right after they finish adding up the interest they made off delaying your sub payment!

• Like 1

I think the union is blaming Snyder to try to cover their butt!!! When I hadn't received anything from UIA by the end of our layoff week, I went online and opened my own claim, (at the end of the Oct 28th week) and I call the week of Nov 11th. It's their fault for opening claims a week late, therefore delaying you calling UIA a week later. You can "thank" your union for lying to you about it being Snyder's fault!!! When I heard that, I also did research on it and found nothing. I guess they think people will just take their word for it and not look into it!!! Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the things that our union does, but don't we all just deserve the truth. Just man up and admit that you messed up!!!!

• Like 1

That's another stupid thing, having to claim unemployment in order to get sub-pay. BULL SHIT !!! Sub pay should be paid the the following week during a lay off not every 2 weeks.

Ford knows who is working and who isn't. NO EXCUSES IUAW I WANT this in the next contract !

• Like 1

I went back through every UIA determination letter I've ever received - every single claim was filed during the week of the layoff. This claim was filed on 11/5, the Tuesday after returning to work. That's the reason for the one week delay in calling MARVIN. Ford messed up and you can bet they're not going to do anything about it.

I could be incorrect but I'm gonna say this the problem with our unemployment checks is state of michigan week runs Sun-Sat....Ford Motor if you are on C Crew is Monday-Sunday..with the one day difference it extends ur certify day by a week. Just my observation

If the different C Crew work-week was the problem, A Crew wouldn't be delayed a week and it is. Someone at Ford messed up and filed the claim a week late - it's right there on the determination letter. With all the checks-and-balances that I would assume are in place, I don't see how that could have happened, but there is nothing Ford or the Union can or will do about it - we were screwed. Again. First Ford blamed Snyder supposedly changing call-in from two weeks to three weeks, now they're blaming a UIA system change back in September. When that accusation is proven wrong, they'll just come up with another excuse. Whatever.