Driver Pet Peeves

Those are one of the worst. Right next to the douche bags that back into parking spots, usually not very well either.

Eh, I have no problem with people who back into spaces, as long as they do it well and as long as it's not in a lot with angled parking that intends for you to park head first. If I pull into a lot and there is a free space in front of the one I'm in, I'll almost always pull ahead into that one instead of the one in my row. :shrug:

In Seattle they have angled parking on the side of the street like in most cities. But the spaces are angled forward like this \ instead of backwards / and instead of pulling into the spot, then having to back out into oncoming traffic, sometimes blindly, you pull forward and back into the space. Then to leave you just pull forward into traffic. That's actually much safer and I thought it was kinda neat.

Our company trucks are required to back into parking spaces whenever possible. Much safer when pulling out.

• Like 1

In Seattle they have angled parking on the side of the street like in most cities. But the spaces are angled forward like this \ instead of backwards / and instead of pulling into the spot, then having to back out into oncoming traffic, sometimes blindly, you pull forward and back into the space. Then to leave you just pull forward into traffic. That's actually much safer and I thought it was kinda neat.

That's a cool idea. I like that. Of course, until you need to park and the dumba$$ behind you pulls up too close and you can't back in. Idiots!

Our company trucks are required to back into parking spaces whenever possible. Much safer when pulling out.

I back into spots as often as I can. Much easier and safer to pull out, especially when driving a big truck.

Edited by fordmantpw

The drivers in Seattle are totally different than anywhere else I've been. Most of the speed limits are no higher than 35 or 40 even on non-interstate 4 lanes and there are bicyclists everywhere. Drivers seem more laid back and courteous. And it seems like half of them are driving Subarus.

Eh, I have no problem with people who back into spaces, as long as they do it well and as long as it's not in a lot with angled parking that intends for you to park head first. If I pull into a lot and there is a free space in front of the one I'm in, I'll almost always pull ahead into that one instead of the one in my row. :shrug:

Pulling through is different. And most people don't back into spots well. Especially angled ones