Niagara Falls freezes

Looks like the modest attempts to minimize greenhouse gasses and global warming that we have implemented to date were more effective than anticipated.

Everybody, start idling your cars and let's re-start some of our coal powered power plants.

People have idling the hell out of their cars all winter here.

• Like 1

Climate change or not there are still variables outside our control.

Agreed. I was just mocking the climate change advocates with absurdity.

What if the environment really WAS that sensitive? Teetering back and forth based on the slightest changes in man-made pollutants/greenhouse gasses?

That MAY explain why prognosticators have such a hard time with long term accuracy.

Like the weatherman. 2% accuracy for 30 days forecast. 70% accuracy for the week ahead forecast. 93% accuracy for the day ahead forecast. 100% accuracy for yesterday.

Agreed. I was just mocking the climate change advocates with absurdity.

What if the environment really WAS that sensitive? Teetering back and forth based on the slightest changes in man-made pollutants/greenhouse gasses?

That MAY explain why prognosticators have such a hard time with long term accuracy.

Like the weatherman. 2% accuracy for 30 days forecast. 70% accuracy for the week ahead forecast. 93% accuracy for the day ahead forecast. 100% accuracy for yesterday.

That would be no fun.

The problem with some of the models like Hansen's is that he figured too much sensitivity to greenhouse gases.

had he assumed a slightly less aggressive multiplier than his B Model would be pretty close.

Yesterday was the third day this winter we had winter storm warnings and iced up roads in Houston. I realize it's nothing compared to other parts of the country but it's very unusual here to have it happen that much in a single winter. Personally, I'm ready for warmer weather.

Looks like the modest attempts to minimize greenhouse gasses and global warming that we have implemented to date were more effective than anticipated.

Everybody, start idling your cars and let's re-start some of our coal powered power plants.

Weather is not climate. Come on. That's amateur hour stuff.

• Like 2

Yes, but on entirely different time scales. A week or month or season or even several years don't really encompass overall climate.

Just like the 100 or 200 years you always see in the pro global warming groups charts and reports don't.

We have had 16 storms in 15 weeks... I do snow removal as a side and would not mind if I never see another snow flake for years..... This has taken a toll on a lot of people..... It wears you down...there was a stretch of winter that we had no power for 7 days from the storms... Thankfully I have generators....

• Like 1