Rawsonville to close...

wildosvt

The letter was sent ot her yesterday stating that Raws will be closed. I do not have any more information.

I was given the Cliffs notes version!

Did anyone else from Raws get this letter?

What I can't still figure out is why would Ford take back the plant from Visteon, transfer some people in or plan to, then turn around and close it? If they think they are saving money, I don't think so............ :banghead::rant:

What I can't still figure out is why would Ford take back the plant from Visteon, transfer some people in or plan to, then turn around and close it? If they think they are saving money, I don't think so............ :banghead::rant:

Face the facts. Rawsonville is losing money--fast! Never has it been in as bad of shape as it is now. The union tells you nothing. They are so corrupt that they have contributed to the current problems. Protecting all the 'kin folk' has brought down morale and productivity. If you are in the 'click' you can do whatever job you want or better yet pick a clipboard and have at it! The kin folk that have clipboards are a slap in the face to all of those who actually build parts for the compnay, or fix the equipment that builds the parts. The writing is on the wall. Too bad goddard and gang forgot where they came from. Granted the company plays a big role as well, but the corruption is a big downfall. Too many people don't 'get it'. We have a big fight ahead and we will probably lose it. On another post they mentioned union folks bringing their 'kin folk' in after being fired elsewhere--at rawsonville it happens all the time!

Face the facts. Rawsonville is losing money--fast! Never has it been in as bad of shape as it is now. The union tells you nothing. They are so corrupt that they have contributed to the current problems. Protecting all the 'kin folk' has brought down morale and productivity. If you are in the 'click' you can do whatever job you want or better yet pick a clipboard and have at it! The kin folk that have clipboards are a slap in the face to all of those who actually build parts for the compnay, or fix the equipment that builds the parts. The writing is on the wall. Too bad goddard and gang forgot where they came from. Granted the company plays a big role as well, but the corruption is a big downfall. Too many people don't 'get it'. We have a big fight ahead and we will probably lose it. On another post they mentioned union folks bringing their 'kin folk' in after being fired elsewhere--at rawsonville it happens all the time!

Sorry to say this man, this kind of "country boys club" happened in every FORD plants, and that's really sad. At least on the positive notes, when the plant closed, THEY ALL WILL LOSE THEIR JOB ALL TOGETHER, isn't that a wonderful thing? lets see if they can scams themselve on their next jobs. Holding the clipboards and getting pays $26.00 an hour.

Edited by TCAP'er

that pesky "kin folk"

They needed the votes from the workers to agree to the ACH deal. They thought they were saving themselves, and actually ended up with the same deal as us ACH'ers.

It's called Karma. ;)

Do you really believe ANY vote at a union plant is legit???????

They needed the votes from the workers to agree to the ACH deal. They thought they were saving themselves, and actually ended up with the same deal as us ACH'ers.

It's called Karma. ;)

What was the other plant they took back.....Sterling? Not that I'd wish anything bad to happen to anyones job.......I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them go too. Ford got the votes they needed to guarantee passage of the vote from those two plants.....they don't need them now.

It's called Karma. ;)

Things are tight lipped at Sterling too... Lot of shits going to come down soon enough. :fan: :fan:

You guys at Rawsonville... If you thought your union was bad... Try dealing with ours! Read the Sterling Axle threads again.

But yet there will always be doubters and people who don't deal with realities... I say to them:salute.gif and :kissass: :kissass: :kissass:

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

I havent gotten a letter, nobody I work with has gotten a letter?

Ford wants Rawsonville to fail, they want alternator to fail, will managment do anything about it. Sure as hell not. We have gondollas outside FILLED with scrap, chip barn FILLED wit scrape. WHY???????? Why are they producing so much scrap. If you have a machine spitting out scrap why wait until their is 5ooo bad parts?????the 12million managment cost Ford over not putting grease in the wiper motors, and HE didnt even get fired. There are supervisers all over that place like 3 or 4 per area, why so many? riding around on carts, outside smoking, you NEVER see some of these people doing anything productive. Why so many, no one can make a informed decision. Because they want RAWSONVILLE to show a loss, then they can cry and say we are unprofitable. And they cant see this :doh: They are redoing the roof again at Rawsonville?? every year they are patching it. Was in the plant today they were redoing the floor in one are. Rawsonville has some of the stupidest decision making people I have ever seen. I BLAME MANAGMENT first, the deadbeats second, and the union third. :censored::censored:

Things are tight lipped at Sterling too... Lot of shits going to come down soon enough. :fan: :fan:

You guys at Rawsonville... If you thought your union was bad... Try dealing with ours! Read the Sterling Axle threads again.

But yet there will always be doubters and people who don't deal with realities... I say to them:salute.gif and :kissass: :kissass: :kissass:

as it stand now BOP Sterling will NOT CLOSE. you're going to be fine ! As a matter of fact you might get some work from Rawsonville however that being said they will still be after you for reductions in " non core " work.

Rawsonville is going to close in 2007 work has already been sourced. This is all part of the new way forward pending final approval

i'm sorry, i really am.

Edited by the_wizard

as it stand now BOP Sterling will NOT CLOSE. you're going to be fine ! As a matter of fact you might get some work from Rawsonville however that being said the will still be after you for reductions in " non core " work.

Rawsonville is going to close in 2007 work has already been sourced. This is all part of the new way forward pending final approval

i'm sorry, i really am.

Ford want out of parts, Sterling will be next. They better hope they dont get any mangment from Rawsonville.

I am praying its just a bad dream.

Ford want out of parts, Sterling will be next. They better hope they dont get any mangment from Rawsonville.

Don't know if it is closing in 2007. Cannot find suppliers for alternators or wipers yet. The union will never tell the truth. just watch for them to retire then you will know! I do know that all transfers and all new equipment has been stopped! Not postponed--stopped! What does that tell?

Sandusky was told to stop working on a satellite plant for product destined for Rawsonville. We were told it was related to Ford's bad financial news.

Like I said, all new jobs coming to Rawsonville stopped. Of course goddard hasn't told the membership a thing!

Don't know if it is closing in 2007. Cannot find suppliers for alternators or wipers yet. The union will never tell the truth. just watch for them to retire then you will know! I do know that all transfers and all new equipment has been stopped! Not postponed--stopped! What does that tell?

Rawsonville lost alternators and wipers in the last contract.

I certainly can't believe Ford can't find someone else willing to sell them a alternator or wiper motor. Hell, last time I was at REP I saw Denso alternators being installed.

For one, I hardly doubt Ford is going to send home a letter saying that the plant is going to close next year. We will have a state of the plant address in Sept. I'm sure there will be alot of questions concerning these issues.

All new work has been stopped, except for what has been paid for already. We are currently installing the third IAFM line for the 5.4 intake. That was told a week or so ago.

Any letter that went out was prob. for the bad apples that we have that cannot make it to work very often. They were given their ultimatum. Come to work or be fired. Our plant attendance was the worst in the sysytem for PT. 1 week after people recieved their letter, it was dramatically better, one of the best.

Wiper is suppose to be gone in about a year. Alternator is a Ford problem. It has been told to me that Ford pays Rawsonville $63 each. Ford cannot find any supplier to build it that cheap...Denso was suppose to get it and they gave a quote and then turned around and said they wanted $100 more. Delphi laughed at them. Delco (I hear worst in the business) wants $122. So, why is it that Raws. is losing $$$$$$$$. Because Ford demanded a certain price and they got it? BUT, now they cannot get that price anywhere else??? Maybe Raws should jack to the price to $90 or so per alt. and then we could be the money maker...hmmmmmmm. Raws. is just another supplier that was forced to make cuts in price while Ford got their ass in trouble. If they would bring out some damn nice designs that consumers would be of interest, it would be all over. We'd all be making money...

:blah: :blah: :blah: :)

Maybe if Rawsonville could make a quality alternator you could be making money at $63 each.

How much scrap do you have?

How are the FTT numbers?

Not just in alternator but in die cast, housing and machining. It's not just one area that's killing alternator it's the whole plant. And I'm not saying its hourly's fault. Management is not allowing trades to truely fix the equipment when it goes down.

Work together to build it right the first time which will lower cost improve quality and keep you alive.....alas it's probably to late for that....

I also see Sterling in a transition phase... Going from a predominately machining, cutting type of a operation to an assembly plant. Eventually when all the ins and outs have been put in place depending on what circumstances arise. This plant will strictly be an assembly plant with significantly less people in it and that's it! THAT'S IF IT MAKES IT THAT FAR.

I feel real sorry for you guys down there. We have our fair share of problems. Just read the Sterling threads for yourself!

Maybe if Rawsonville could make a quality alternator you could be making money at $63 each.

How much scrap do you have?

How are the FTT numbers?

Not just in alternator but in die cast, housing and machining. It's not just one area that's killing alternator it's the whole plant. And I'm not saying its hourly's fault. Management is not allowing trades to truely fix the equipment when it goes down.

Work together to build it right the first time which will lower cost improve quality and keep you alive.....alas it's probably to late for that....

Unfortunitely, the alt. would be top quality if the parts were, it's not the build quality, but the parts. Those die cast machines are basically worn out. Parts are only ordered if the machine will absolutely be down. The quality of the castings-the housing, are only as good as engineering and management allow them to be made and accepted.

As far as the amount of scrap and FTT numbers??? Not my area, don't know. I hear the machining is on it's way out and will be outsourced. But any scrap housings can be melted and reused, right? But, give us the money that is wanted by any other supplier for theirs and we then have money to put into equipment. But that's just an excuse. Either way, Raws. is being raped on their price compared to the competition.

...........And if they are going to close the damn plant, lets get it out of the way now!!! I surely don't want it to be the last one to go with nowhere else to go..... :titanic: Let me know so I can find my way out.

Havent heard of or seen any letter saying the plant is closing, in fact this fucking website is the only place i've seen/heard anything about raws going down, which seems to always be the case.

I doubt a letter exists but the writing is very boldly placed on the wall! Don't know how long you have been there but you really need to look around! The fact is things have never been worse at Rawsonville no matter who you listen to. It really is bad and people really need to be prepared. Hope you have enough time to be safe somewhere.

I doubt a letter exists but the writing is very boldly placed on the wall! Don't know how long you have been there but you really need to look around! The fact is things have never been worse at Rawsonville no matter who you listen to. It really is bad and people really need to be prepared. Hope you have enough time to be safe somewhere.

6yrs seniority, i'd be fucked like the majority of people here if something happend. If this place did get closed, the managment/union should be held accountable somehow for telling us all how great this place is going to be. and how we're looking at having upwards of 6k people working here by 09. but again until i see it, i try not to believe it, I was told THE DAY i hired in i wouldnt be here 2 weeks... and have been told we were all losing our jobs since that day. so i guess if it happens it happens, i cant stop it.. although ford will eat my truck that i wont be making payments on if i dont have a job, and the bank will eat the house i just bought. lol life is great! /sarcasim

6yrs seniority, i'd be fucked like the majority of people here if something happend. If this place did get closed, the managment/union should be held accountable somehow for telling us all how great this place is going to be. and how we're looking at having upwards of 6k people working here by 09. but again until i see it, i try not to believe it, I was told THE DAY i hired in i wouldnt be here 2 weeks... and have been told we were all losing our jobs since that day. so i guess if it happens it happens, i cant stop it.. although ford will eat my truck that i wont be making payments on if i dont have a job, and the bank will eat the house i just bought. lol life is great! /sarcasim

you actually trusted them ?? HA...you should be fired for just that!

you never believe anything they tell ya!

aren't you guys glad you passed that vote last june(05)

!!!

LOFL :finger:

Edited by dark270

Havent heard of or seen any letter saying the plant is closing, in fact this fucking website is the only place i've seen/heard anything about raws going down, which seems to always be the case.

Talk to the union reps...any of them. They will be able to tell you. Both a trade and a prod. rep told me everything is on hold.....and we are on the list.......with the other 60 plants. We are just likely to be picked.

Talk to the union reps...any of them. They will be able to tell you. Both a trade and a prod. rep told me everything is on hold.....and we are on the list.......with the other 60 plants. We are just likely to be picked.

that usually results in no answers for me.. i dont doubt this plant to be on a list, but until it happens im going to just come to work every day as always. its not the first time i've heard i was losing my job.. heard it my first day on the job and the whole time i've been here.

whats weird though is i've heard nothing about it on the floor, usually this shit spreads like like wild fire. i asked around to the normal rumor mills and they looked at me like I WAS the one trying to start a rumor.. :shrug:

really need to look around? what? do you work here?

last we were told, the plant was going to be great, and that there could be as many as 6k jobs here by 09 there were new lines brought in over shut down along with some people from other plants... so look around? if i were to just look around i like most people here would think this plant wasnt doing too bad.